Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Kentucky Middle School Championships
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://www.digitalsports.com/organizatio...71837.aspx

Here is a link that alot of youguys may find very interesting....
Thought you guys should know about this....
i know belfry wasnt going to be in that this year,maybe in the furture.
I've checked out the website for this and it kind of looks "half baked" to me. I may be wrong. Our conference championship is Nov. 1. Has anybody from the Big Sandy checked into this? It sounds like a great idea. I'd like to see some mountain teams go up and show them what it's all about. In the Cumberland Valley Conference it has Corbin and Foley listed which aren't in the CVC. Anybody know more about this?
There is an email for the people in charge of it.. Anyone can contact them and ask for more information.. I will tell you that this was discussed last January or Feb. and every middle school coach or athletic director should have received an email on it... I do know that there was a state wide meeting of coaches and directors in the spring of this year and things were pretty much finalized.... This Association has been working with the State Eduaction department, the KHSAA and state Representatives.. I dont think that they are half baked,, they have the clout to make this happen.. Granted they are pushing for this championship this year to get it going. Next year should be better with more schools involved. They just want to make sure that this happens this year and not wait another year doing nothing... The process is not 100% but it is a process in motion. it is not designed to leave anyone out unless you are not a part of the the Ky Middle School Association....... It costs 30 dollars a year to join per school, not team or individual but for the school. if you have 3 teams inthe middle school 30 covers all teams.. The money to join the Association is the same way the KHSAA works when it comes to games.. if you cancell because you QB is sick and you dont want to play... well it does not work that way with this organization.......
I donot know all the details but you can contact the people in charge from that website......
Do you know of any teams that are participating in this?
You will have to ask the people in charge......I had a breakdown of the bracket but deleted it by accident out of my email. I know theat the 8th grade bracket for this year is full but there is a 7th grade opening.. You guys might want to jump in it.. The championship game will be played at Lexington Christian...... Just give them an email and see.. Or have your coaches or your athletic director contact them..
Here is a link for the State Little League Championship in Owensboro.

http://www.odcyouthsports.com/football/k...index.html

Let us know if anyone is going.
This link is different than the Middle School Football... This is a youth tourney.. Which is good.. and vey interesting.
I have corresponded with two of the coordinators, as of two wks. ago, I know that only 8 conferences had joined. This will be the first yr. ever for a middle school football state championship. But just like HS, they must be a member of KHSAA to compete for state, MS teams must be registered first with KYMFSA and will follow the rules for KHSAA. The deadline is today and the first play-offs will begin the week of Oct. 20th with the championship game to be played on Oct. 25th. This is not a tournament it is an oppurtunity to play for a state title.

You can find more info. on the conference and contact info. at kymiddleschool.com (digitalsports.com).

It is my understanding that you must be a conference winner and a member in order to compete. Our conference is Green River Valley and Grayson Co. was our conference champs.
I do know that Adams Middle is registered and it lists them as Big Sandy Conf. don't know much about the area but it is listed on the website.