Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Operation Unite Bowl
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A depleted Russell team will make the trip Saturday to face by far the best team we will see all year, and after today we will field 14 kids out of a 30 man roster.
I will not make excuses for Saturday as we will give it our all. We will be there with smiles on our faces and football in our hearts. I have had person after person tell me today to call and cancel the game and I have told them that if I have 11 we play those 11, if we have 10 we have 7 on the line and only 3 in the backfield.. We scheduled a game and we will honor that game.... So we will be there Saturday with what we have.

Hope to come out with a win, but after today it is looking bleak for the Machine.. we are praying that nothing breaks as we will not have ANY spare parts for the trip.....

See ya !! Soon
What has happened to ur team?
Give'em you know what Devil.You guys will do fine.Great little team you got there.
I kinda freaked out after coming home last night,,,4 of my 7 starting lineman say that they are not going to make it.. One of my starting guards is sick with stomach virus.
Just a test for us to see how we do. Like I said we are not making excuses now, we are playing football.
COBRA- we will try to give em "You know what"--we will try our best.

Thanks for the compliment on the boys, they really work hard....

Still cant wait!!!! Not slept in a week........ really did not sleep last night!!!!
Who are the teams that play? :football:
game is at Leslie County...
All I can rememebr is that we play New Harlan County and we have our hands full.
1st Annual
[SIZE=4]"Operation UNITE"[/SIZE]

[SIZE=5]BOWL[/SIZE]
[SIZE=4]October 4th, 2008 Leslie Co. High School[/SIZE]

10:00- Leslie Co. Middle vs. Clay Co. Middle
12:00- Herald Whitaker Middle vs Hazard
2:00- Knox Middle vs. Meece Middle(Somerset)
4:00- New Harlan 5/6 vs. Russell 5/6
6:00- New Harlan 7/8 vs. Johnson Central 8th

New revised schedule. Clay and Meece dropped out due to fuel concerns. Still should be 4 great games.

12:00- Herald Whitaker vs. Hazard
2:00- Leslie vs Knox Middle
4:00- New Harlan 5/6 vs. Russell
6:00- New Harlan 7/8 vs. Johnson Central 7/8
If anyone out there has knowledge of any more bowl games coming up in the next couple of weeks, please post a contact person, location etc. I would love for my 5/6th graders to play. We play in the Shriners Bowl in Hazard on Sat. Oct 11th. Its a great trip for the kids, and they get to play the game we all love for a great cause.
Daddy, you and Deviloligist need to get together, I think he was looking for some games.
I hear you got some good things going on in your program. Good job and good luck with the remainer of your season.
Oct. 7, 2008Ironton BillsHome5:30 p.m.Oct. 9, 2008Rock HillHome6:00 p.m.Oct. 14, 2008RacelandAway6:00 p.m.Oct. 18, 2008Fairland DragonsHome4:00 p.m.Oct. 21, 2008Greenup Co.Home5:30 p.m.(Sat.) Nov. 1st, - 3rd, 2008Raceland Black BowlAwayTBA

I had to pick up 5 new games after cancellations..... So this is the most up to date schedule for us Ironton, Rock Hill and fairland are all OHIO teams.....Raceland and Greenup are also very good teams from our area.
After all my whining and belly aching must have paid off, some parents have had a change of heart and will be traveling after all. So as it looks now the only starter that will not be going is my left guard..... My tackle and guard and my end will be there.....
Prayer works and I believe it everyday....
I feel alot better about the game now........I still got up at 5;30 this morning ,,, could not sleep.........
DEVILOLOGIST Wrote:After all my whining and belly aching must have paid off, some parents have had a change of heart and will be traveling after all. So as it looks now the only starter that will not be going is my left guard..... My tackle and guard and my end will be there.....
Prayer works and I believe it everyday....
I feel alot better about the game now........I still got up at 5;30 this morning ,,, could not sleep.........

I knew you were sand bagging!Smile Only kiddin. You folks have a safe trip over to Leslie today. We'll see ya over there.
Thanks getting ready to leave.....

yelow DEVILS hat.. come say HI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Russell defeats New Harlan 20-6.
Russell compiles 261 yards of offense, ran back 3 interceptions for 51 yards. Russell held New harlan to 71 total yards. The New Harlan kids were great kids and tough players. Leslie County did a great job with this BOWL , players got T-shirts, free pizza after the game and the people were very nice. New Harlan has some great parents and I have to tell ya,, MAMA BEAR's AVATAR does not do her justice.... Very nice lady and great personality, I thank you again for the gift of HONEY after the game.... I have to tell ya that the LEWIS kid was a BEAR today, a great player and do-all kid... I watched the game film as soon as I got home and I saw him pat my son on the pads more than once.... great attitude and hard nose player.. I wish New Harlan the best with their season and I am sure that somewhere down the road in the future our paths will cross again.. Great teams tend to do that.....
Here are the individual stats for the game:
32 Bronson Korzep - 15 carries for 120 yards, 1-TD and 1-XP
2 Connor Messer- 12 carries for 132 yards, 2 TD's and 1 fumble recovery.....
9-Bobby May- 3 carries for 9 yards.

Defensive stats are as follows:
57 Logan Suman led the tackles with 13 tackles, 1 for minus yards. 1 INT for 1 yard.
2 Connor Messer- 8 tackles 2 for minus yards, 1 INT for 6 yards.
9 Bobby May- 6 tackles, 3 for minus yards.
32 Bronson Korzep- 5 tackles , 1 for minus yards.
12 Cory Grubb- 5 tackles, 1 for minus yards.
7 Spencer Cole- 3 tackles, 1 for minus yards.
47 John George- 2 tackles, 1 for minus yards.
68 Sammy Smith- 2 tackles.
27 Maverick Dixon- 2 tackles
85 Jacob Bryant- 2 tackles
34 Timmy Hammond- 1 tackle
8 Garion Robinson- 1 tackle, 1 INT for 44 yards.

Bronson Korzep won the MVP of the game today and played his heart out.. Great Job Russell... Go Maroon Machine Go !!!!
You have a great team! We finally got our defense adjusted after half time, but it was too late. Our offense couldn't get anything going against Russell's defense. A well disciplined group of young men and well coached. Great game! Russell County football has a great future! Your running backs are awesome!
It's just Russell, which is in Greenup County.
Russell County is a different team/school near Somerset.
Russell Red Devils, are from Russell, Kentucky. This is across the river from Ironton ,Ohio and close to Huntington, WV. We are always confused with either Russell County, or Russellville... Our kids played in the state baseball tourney this year in Louisville in the 11 yearold division and everything in the programs and on the souveniers said Russell COUNTY.. So my kids took a black permanent marker and marked out COUNTY.........What a way to be remembered?????

Anyway... NHC is tough and I expect to see them do very well next year..... I was talking to the coach before the game and his worry was keeping up with us and not wearing down.......I think we got a little tired at the end but when you drive 3 hours to play and then drive back.... well that may happen,, We chose to run the clock out in the 4th quarter and was not focused as much on trying to score but to keep the ball grind out the clock......I know the backs get alot of credit and rewards but they could not put up those years without my linemen.... If you got to see us play then you know now why I brag on these young men..... Very disciplined, very fundamentally sound and this is the first year that they have played together as a team for the entire season......

Thanks again to all the great people in Leslie County,, I look forward to playing again next year..... or if not us I will make sure that the next years team wil be there...
Russell Independent(the one New Harlan played) is located in Greenup County in North East, Ky next to Ashland.

Russell County is located in Western,Ky
Congrats to both teams on a great game.
Heard the 6th grade team is loaded.... Great job beating Belfry and New Harlan...Keep up the good work.
Congratulations to all the winners and what a great day for football!!!! I think the day went as good as it could have went. Next years bowl will be even better. We're moving it ahead a week to stay away from the Mary Breckinridge weekend. Once again, congratulations to all the teams!!

Game 1 Winner-Herald Whitaker( Magoffin Co.) MVP -#3 Caleb Hall ( Had 101 YD. fumble return for TD)
Game 2 Winner- Knox Middle MVP- # 35 Kannady
Game 3 Winner- Russell 5/6 MVP- #32 Bronson Korzep..... But could have given it to #2 Messer or #57 Suman.
Game 4 winner New Harlan 7/8 MVP #19 Tucker Lewis