Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Linebackers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Who are some of the best linebackers out there this year?
Tucker Lewis #19 for the New Harlan Patriots is going to be a great one someday. His first game in 5th grade you could tell he was a football player. Remember his name in a year or two he will be a force for the Harlan County Black Bears.
Logan Suman #57
Landon Arnold #13

Russell 6th grade linebackers that hit you so hard they will knock the taste out of your mouth.

Suman- http://martyconleyphotography.smugmug.co...fn89C-L-LB

Landon- http://martyconleyphotography.smugmug.co...9jec8-L-LB
Greenup Co. Steelers 6th Grade

TJ Quillen #00 http://potterpix.smugmug.com/photos/3629...VHP4-L.jpg

Reese Dillion #24 (plays the right corner alot also)http://potterpix.smugmug.com/photos/3629...8no6-L.jpg

Kyle Cochran #81 http://potterpix.smugmug.com/photos/3630...aVEZ-L.jpg

The top two arent the biggest kids around but they'll hit you as hard as anyone you'll see.

Part of a Steelers team that went 13-0 last year as 5th graders (won Orange and Black Bowls at Raceland) and are 9-2 this year despite being one of the smallest 6th grade teams you'll see. (Heaviest kid on the team is 135lbs.)
Great to see local teams get on here.... I am proud of the local team play... I think that our game will be a test for both teams....
I am happy to get to see some Greenup pics on here.. Reese Dillon is a chip off the block from his DAD, Now Reese may not be as big as his dad was but he sure is smarter,LOLOL.. Tag Troy you are it.....
Anyway, I have watched this team grow and mature over the last couple of years and they ae a team on the rise. I bet our game will be a dooooozy!!!!!
See you guys soon !!!!!!!!!!

Here come the DEVILS.....!!!
Raceland is another local team that very solid at the 6th grade level. We beat them 12-6 last week for our 6th straight win over 2 years but they absolutely bring it every time we play. I have tons of respect for both the Raceland and the Russell programs at this level and the future is very bright for all the schools located in Greenup County.

On another note, i watched Ashland Verity 7th and 8th play McKell Middles 7th and 8th grade teams the other night at Greenup County High. The McKell 7th had been unbeaten (tied Russell in a game called because of darkness). When i left Verity was up 28-0 in the 1st half. It looked like a high school JV team out there and their QB, who i think pitched on their 12 year old Ashland National team last year, is just unreal. He has a cannon.
Yea Verity is good.... If ther QB pitched in the state tourney?? He is a very good athlete, I watched him in the state tourney because we played on the field next to them and got to play 2 straight years with them in the state tourney,, we are a year younger but we all support each other when it comes to something like that.
I know raceland is good too, but we can never hook up to play.. I always ask but they either dont have time or something comes up.. I would love to play them this year,, since we are 5 minutes away and they play everybody else..
Just wish we all would be in a league that all teams had to play everybody from Lawrence County to Greenup, with Russell, Boyd, East Carter, West Carter, Mckell, Wurtland and even Fairview.... Hard to get everybody to stay on track and play as a Conference.... Sounds like the thing to do. But who am I??????

Anyway I have Greenup Steelers down to play us on Oct 21st at our place. I am thinkng around 5:30 or so due to sunlight running out......
Tell you coach to call the coach at Russell and get that make up game scheduled!!!!!
We want to get 2 games in before the end of the year.....

OH and Who have you lost to??
9-2 ???? I did not think you los except in the Orange Bowl this year???
Portsmouth West at McKell's field. Their one of the better teams on that end of the area. We gave up 2 first downs the whole game. Both were on 80 yard pass plays for touchdowns. Since then we've put a big emphasis on pass defense. We out gained them for the game 2 to 1 in total yards (they didnt have a 1st down on the ground) but couldnt put it in the endzone. Lost 16-0. Since then and the Symmes Valley game we've switched up quarterbacks which completely changed the offense for the better.

Think thats the big redhead/blondish kid thats the big pitcher for that Ashland team. Huge kid. Heard he hit a homerun there in Catlettsburg out on US23. I wish all the teams could play also. We dont have Lawrence Co. on our schedule this year, just scrimmaged them very early. They have a #7 or #20 that pretty much makes them go. Ill let Greg know to get in contact with you guys and get something scheduled in addition if possible. We have the next couple weeks open because we had West Carter cancel and we dont play again til Boyd Co. in the middle of the month right before you all.
I have had cancellations also.. We travel to Leslie County this Saturday to play the New Harlan County 6th grade,, They are very good if you have read anything about them on here.. Then we have had 5 cancellations after that, so yes the only team we are scheduled to play for the rest of the year is Greenup Steelers.. Go figure.... I am still trying to work something out with Raceland.. I know that Lawrence County would play you guys they are looking also.. If Greg wants to I can call the guys from there to get this worked out. I could call them and call Raceland and and have you guys come up to our field and we could run a day of it........Saturday would have to be the day but we could play each other. Russell-Raceland, Greenup-Lawrence, then we could play you guys too after that. 3 games and we could all play... Just a thought...
But I have tried to call Greg while typing and he does not answer.
I'll speak with him tonight, its the schools homecoming parade tonight (which the jfl teams are in) and homecoming is tomorrow for the Raceland game. I'll also see him at practice Saturday morning for sure and will mention getting in contact. We have no more games scheduled atm until Oct. 18th and Oct. 21st, then the Black Bowl that next weekend. We finish up with McKell Nov. 1st but also could play after that if Greg wanted.
BLES has 4 real tough backers ---LOLB #20 Blake Spencer....MLB #8 Dylan Hamilton....MLB #30 Josh Sailsbury and ROLB #21 Chase Hall.....they LOVE to hit.
Leonardo Wrote:Who are some of the best linebackers out there this year?

A good linebacker would be #19 walker crase from Morgan county he is outrages he is a very hard hitter hits harder than i have ever seen the cougars went 15-0 and are goin to go to state i have a feelin!!:rockon:
Leonardo Wrote:Who are some of the best linebackers out there this year?

another line backer is #95 for Morgan who ever he is he hits. At the nicholas game he hit the returner hard he is the only guy i know that kicks the ball and tackles the returner:rockon:
Tyler Jopes #29 for the " Bowling Green Purples"!!! Anyone who attended the State 7th Grade Football Championship on Saturday will attest to that. Jopes is the captain of both the 7th and 8th grade defenses: also plays fullback, so he rarely leaves the field..... BGJH 7th won both games on Saturday with a combined score of 70-0 thats Seventy to Zero! Ask the Meese and Corbin players who is the top middle school linebacker..... For good measure Jopes returned a kick off 60+ yards for a TD in the championship game against Corbin. As a 7th grader, I would put him up there with any JH LB in KY. :devilflam Remember this one, you will hear his name for years to come.
#95 for Morgan would be Eli Haney, who is also the teams' kicker and a fine one at that.
well i think that conn and taylor is the best linebackers is the best i have ever seen so far
number 1 for grant county is by far the best i have seen
number 1 is shelby caudill he had an awesome game in the state tounament against bell county
Dakota Osborne JCMS
#17 Payton Mullins from belfry he has a nose for the ball and is not afraid to get hit which he does most of the hitting any way.
PurplesPeopleEaters Wrote:Tyler Jopes #29 for the " Bowling Green Purples"!!! Anyone who attended the State 7th Grade Football Championship on Saturday will attest to that. Jopes is the captain of both the 7th and 8th grade defenses: also plays fullback, so he rarely leaves the field..... BGJH 7th won both games on Saturday with a combined score of 70-0 thats Seventy to Zero! Ask the Meese and Corbin players who is the top middle school linebacker..... For good measure Jopes returned a kick off 60+ yards for a TD in the championship game against Corbin. As a 7th grader, I would put him up there with any JH LB in KY. :devilflam Remember this one, you will hear his name for years to come.

Jopes will be playing in the Youth All-American bowl on January 4th. It will be web cast live.

http://www.bgdailynews.com/articles/2008...ports4.txt

Full list of Kentucky players playing:

http://www.digitalsports.com/article/typ...49351.aspx
A followup to the last post -

Jopes won the MVP for the East team at the FBU All-American Bowl this weekend.

Video of the game can be found at:

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/1028432

Jopes is #90 and his name comes up a lot. He scored both East touchdowns as a fullback and played defensive line and linebacker.

Other Kentucky kids in this game are Noah Mitchell (#10) and Josh Mesmer (#90).
#1 Shelby Caudill of Grant County. He averaged at least 10-12 tackles per game. He was also a receiver, punt returner and kicked the ball.
They lost to Lewis Co also.
My bad I got ahead of myself. The Steelers lost to Lewis Co this year.
#91 from Bracken county is a pretty good linebacker. I'm not for sure of his name. Has anyone else seen or heard of him?
number 69 for valley is a great player. i only watched two of his games this year they were both against pikeville. he had 22 tackles at home and 17 in the conselation game at pike central. is he in 6th grade or 7th
i think hes in 7th another great linebacker for shelby valley is # 64 along with 69 they dominate the middle of the feild. in a game against pikeville he had 15 tackles and two fumble recoveries and 1 interception theese two kids are great
Whitley County had two fine Linebackers #34 Boston Bryant and #28 Jackson.
Two of the hardest hitting 8th graders I have seen. Should get some PT at the varsity level this year.
seabiscuit51 Wrote:i think hes in 7th another great linebacker for shelby valley is # 64 along with 69 they dominate the middle of the feild. in a game against pikeville he had 15 tackles and two fumble recoveries and 1 interception theese two kids are great

Both should be on the line. Neither of them have the speed to play that position.
Pages: 1 2