Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: LCC Mohawks
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Has anyone seen the Cougar's new cuts? :eek:

Over the past couple of weeks, most of the boys on the LCC team have gotten mohawks. (Thanks to the team's locker room barber). :yikes:

Personally, I think it shows how this team has come together this season. People would never guess that this group of boys have only been playing together since July. It shows that they have become more than just teammates, they have actually became friends. This can only make the team stronger! Watch out Big Sandy Conference!!!! The Cougars are unified and ready to win a championship!!! :1:

Any other team spirit out there????????
Russell 6th grade all got matching tatoos this weekend,, well it was those little black rubber pellets from the turf, but we are still finding them in everything..If that counts LOLOL
CougarBabe Wrote:Has anyone seen the Cougar's new cuts? :eek:

Over the past couple of weeks, most of the boys on the LCC team have gotten mohawks. (Thanks to the team's locker room barber). :yikes:

Personally, I think it shows how this team has come together this season. People would never guess that this group of boys have only been playing together since July. It shows that they have become more than just teammates, they have actually became friends. This can only make the team stronger! Watch out Big Sandy Conference!!!! The Cougars are unified and ready to win a championship!!! :1:

Any other team spirit out there????????
Most have been friends since elementary school anyway, I didn't play this year because I wanted to focus on baseball, but I know that most of my friends play. Yeah, the mohawks are pretty funny especially Nick Bogg's crooked one, thanks to Grant, lol. Now if they could just get Keaston Hall to get one! I'm just waitin' on somebody to just shave the middle of their head. Talk about true dedication!!SmileSmile
LOL I love a football team with Mowhawks! A bunch of kids on our team gets them at the beginning of the season and they are mostly grown out by the time cooler weather comes. WARNING to the mom's: The growing out process is horrific. After it gets grown out you'll just have to shave it off "even" and start from scratch. I wonder if LCC has had homecoming yet? It makes for some interesting pictures for homecoming.:p
DEVILOLOGIST Wrote:Russell 6th grade all got matching tatoos this weekend,, well it was those little black rubber pellets from the turf, but we are still finding them in everything..If that counts LOLOL

:lmao: No joke! Those tattoos may be permanent. Our cougars still have some from three weeks ago when we played their 8th grade team. Maybe that's why they have all shaved their heads. They were trying to get all the black rubber pellets out of their hair.
Mama Bear Wrote:LOL I love a football team with Mowhawks! A bunch of kids on our team gets them at the beginning of the season and they are mostly grown out by the time cooler weather comes. WARNING to the mom's: The growing out process is horrific. After it gets grown out you'll just have to shave it off "even" and start from scratch. I wonder if LCC has had homecoming yet? It makes for some interesting pictures for homecoming.:p
I'll pass the advice on the the football moms.

As far as your comment about homecoming.... Nope it's tomorrow night against Shelby Valley. Needless to say, the girls aren't too happy about the boys choosing now to show their Cougar Pride. :mad:

Corey Niece even shaved his eyebrows!!!!! (That's funny, no matter who you are) :bigeyed:

Better mohawks than mullets!!!! :p
OH MY WORD! Smile I'm gonna go wake mine up right now and threaten them to not ever shave their eyebrows!Smile

I love little boys, what a blessing.
CougarBabe Wrote:Corey Niece even shaved his eyebrows!!!!!

Now THAT is some spirit!
What happened to the Mowhawks they get mowed over. Someone said that alot of them don't have Mowhawks now.
#1kicker Wrote:What happened to the Mowhawks they get mowed over. Someone said that alot of them don't have Mowhawks now.
#1 Kicker,
You are correct! Many of the mohawks have been mowed. There are basically 3 reasons for the new cuts.

1. Homecoming
2. Girls
3. Mommies

Women can't live with them, can't live without them. (Guess that's a lesson learned at an early age) LOL Smile

BUT, be on the look out!!!!! :CE_DP_Ste

Locker Room talk has it that there are other plans in the works. I don't know what can top shaving eyebrows though. Big Grin
Does anyone know how they are doing this season? Who have they played?
DaddyCat,

The 5th and 6th grade LCC team has been up and down to say the least. Lost two close games to Adams (Man that team was huge and big) beat hazard, Harlan Ind. and Johns Creek. Lost to Belfry and Shelby Valley. The Shelby Valley game was great, they had a chance at the end with the ball in the red-zone but ran out of time and lost by 6 points. They also lost in overtime to New Harlan 12-6 I think. Playing everybody close but not getting the big wins right now. I think the consolidation scared many of the 4th graders from the previous season to sit out but I hear several of them are coming out next season and that will be a nice addition of some athletic kids for the Letcher program.
How many ele. schools make up the 5th-6th team?
where do you get the avitars?
Not positive DaddyCat, let's see. Cowan Elem. MJP Elem. Fleming Neon Elem. Whitesburg Middle, Letcher Elem. and Arlie Boggs, I guess that's 6 schools that contribute to the team. Some contributes a little more than other though. The bulk of the players are from MJP, Cowan, Whiteburg. I think that next year this thing is going to get huge. I think they dress 80 kids and they say that they expect next year that number to grow to over 100+ in the 5th/6th/7th/8th grade.
I thought New Harlan had alot of kids. Their 7-8th has 55 or more! They have 5 schools to choose from. Wallins, Rosspoint, Cawood, James A Cawood, and Green Hill Elementary. All of these are k-8 schools. Evarts consists of Evarts Elem. and Black Mountain Elem. Cumberland is stand alone. Our county is so spread out that consolidation of the Elem's. is not an issue at this point. People are still getting used to the new high school.
Daddycat27 Wrote:I thought New Harlan had alot of kids. Their 7-8th has 55 or more! They have 5 schools to choose from. Wallins, Rosspoint, Cawood, James A Cawood, and Green Hill Elementary. All of these are k-8 schools. Evarts consists of Evarts Elem. and Black Mountain Elem. Cumberland is stand alone. Our county is so spread out that consolidation of the Elem's. is not an issue at this point. People are still getting used to the new high school.
DaddyCat,
I think that Lambert is right. Our middle school consolidation did not happen until the end of July this year. There was some confusion and lack of communication between the schools which prevented a lot of kids from knowing when football started until it was too late. Now that everyone in our county has seen how well the season has gone, several kids are showing more interest. Coach Howard and his staff have done an excellent job with these athletes from day one both on and off the field. This is one of the best things that has happened to football in our county. I think that COUGAR domi-NATION will continue for many years.
What a great game? What a great atmosphere? I'm glad to see our neighbors in Letcher doing so well. I look forward to the future of this rivalry. I hope that we can get our facilities in the next year or two. I hope its as nice as LCC's. It's a great place to watch a game. Can one of you hook me up with a chair seat next time? Ha!!!