Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Martin County Middle
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Does anyone have any info. on Martin County Middleschool 7th/8th grade team? They are usually a very good team. How are they doing this year?
Leonardo Wrote:Does anyone have any info. on Martin County Middleschool 7th/8th grade team? They are usually a very good team. How are they doing this year?

FOOT BALL IS NOT VERY STRONG
this year has been a rebuilding year for us....and plus we are in the huge conference with teams like Perry County, JCMS, and Breathitt
How many of Martin County are hold backs?
Here's you some news on Martin Co. Just heard that they called and forfeited to LCC for Tuesday's game. Said something about injuries and being down this year, well nobody has been hit by the injury bug more than LCC and they haven't forfeited to anyone and I am sure that Coach Howard would go play with 7th graders before he quit and rolled over to anybody.
Yes that makes me sick. I gaurantee Howard and his boys would not make such excuses. They would play no matter what. This forfieting stuff just hurts their own boys and LCC's also. Sad Sad Sad........
With 22 first year kids, it is a major rebuilding year. Game after game they are getting better, just hard to play in that conference with out a lot of talent. Lafferty and Oconner are the two stand outs, I think they lost just about all the skill players from last years team. If your team had injuries and didn't have the backups two fill the spots you would forfeit as well. You probably just wouldn't admit it.
belfry just beat them wed night 30 something to 6 i belive,i know lcc beat belfry like 40-24 and heard the coach said thats the most points been scored on his 8th grade scince he has been there..
Don't think so...........
Kygirl Wrote:How many of Martin County are hold backs?

Why do people always bring up hold backs? If you take a look at any middle school team I would dare to say that 20 to 30 percent are holdbacks.
Agree Slingblade it is a common practice for most teams.
slingblade93 Wrote:Why do people always bring up hold backs? If you take a look at any middle school team I would dare to say that 20 to 30 percent are holdbacks.

Wrong !!!!!!! Adams Middle has " 0 " I know for a fact !!!!
canoeman06 Wrote:Wrong !!!!!!! Adams Middle has " 0 " I know for a fact !!!!

You are one of the very few teams that don't have any then, I still find that hard to believe that no player on that team has been held back for any reason at any time.
slingblade93 Wrote:You are one of the very few teams that don't have any then, I still find that hard to believe that no player on that team has been held back for any reason at any time.

28 kids all of which are on the "PROPER" grade level. Floyd County "FROWNS" big time on hold-backs.
canoeman06 Wrote:28 kids all of which are on the "PROPER" grade level. Floyd County "FROWNS" big time on hold-backs.

Well then, the school system deserves a big pat on the back for doing there job. Congrats!
cuppett777 Wrote:belfry just beat them wed night 30 something to 6 i belive,i know lcc beat belfry like 40-24 and heard the coach said thats the most points been scored on his 8th grade scince he has been there..

The score was 38-6 I think, and Martin County did get a player hurt that night.

They had a lot of hold backs last year when our 7th played their 8th. They slaughtered us.

BMS has also had a lot of injuries this year, but they haven't forfeited a game. You play with what you have.
Also remember kids who start school a year later than they are suppossed to are the same as a hold back. That happens very often and people don't realize they are actually holdbacks. I can bet you that 75% of the kids are held back in some manner or another. As long as it is legal its gonna happen and if I had a kid playing I would definitly hold them back. Most everyone else does whether they admit it or not.
i agree forfeiting is just not exceptable
slingblade93 Wrote:Why do people always bring up hold backs? If you take a look at any middle school team I would dare to say that 20 to 30 percent are holdbacks.

thats Not true in all countys
I can't believe that Martin Co. isn't coming to town this week. Kinda strange to me that they were chomping at the bit to play when they were winning the past two or three years. Then when the program is in a "rebuilding" phase they cancel games. How can a team "rebuild" if they aren't willing to play games???? Rolleyes

They say that they have had a lot of injuries. Well, has anyone looked at LCC's sideline lately, looks like those boys should be in hospitals rather than at a ballgame.

Football is a violent sport. REAL TEAMS PLAY THROUGH THE INJURIES!!!!!!!! Even if it means using 7th graders to play the games you're committed to play.
What is this telling your 7th graders, that they aren't good enough to play games????????????? :dontthink

What kind of lesson is forfeiting teaching kids????? When the tough gets going, just don't play???????? :igiveup:
CougarBabe Wrote:I can't believe that Martin Co. isn't coming to town this week. Kinda strange to me that they were chomping at the bit to play when they were winning the past two or three years. Then when the program is in a "rebuilding" phase they cancel games. How can a team "rebuild" if they aren't willing to play games???? Rolleyes

They say that they have had a lot of injuries. Well, has anyone looked at LCC's sideline lately, looks like those boys should be in hospitals rather than at a ballgame.

Football is a violent sport. REAL TEAMS PLAY THROUGH THE INJURIES!!!!!!!! Even if it means using 7th graders to play the games you're committed to play.
What is this telling your 7th graders, that they aren't good enough to play games????????????? :dontthink

What kind of lesson is forfeiting teaching kids????? When the tough gets going, just don't play???????? :igiveup:

again i agree
but i will say this, there are a couple of pretty good ball players on the team
Hey don't get upset with martin county for not playing LCC. Why do you think
they all came together to form LCC? Because they would have been
just like Martin County. Each team trying to rebuild a team. I think LCC
should have pick another team to play instead of a little team like Martin County any way.
#1kicker Wrote:Hey don't get upset with martin county for not playing LCC. Why do you think
should have pick another team to play instead of a little team like Martin County any way.

thank you
:please:
#1kicker Wrote:Hey don't get upset with martin county for not playing LCC. Why do you think
I agree that if LCC had not consolidated that all of our county schools would have definitely been in a rebuilding process. Thank goodness, our county decided to consolidate our programs into one team. It's one of the best things that has happened to football in Letcher County.

As far as LCC "picking" Martin County to play, Martin Co. is part of the Big Sandy Conference as is LCC. There is no "picking" when you play in a conference. Basically, you play who they tell you to within the conference. Teams have to play each other for seeding purposes. I'm not sure how you can consider Martin County "little" obviously they are a consolidated county team like LCC. Actually, Martin Co. has been consolidated longer.:goofy:
Come on #1 Kicker and Chase1,

You guys have got to be crazy. When the two Letcher County team joined last year nobody wanted to play Martin Co. because they had been the dominant team in the Big Sandy two seasons in a row. Whitesburg jumped at the chance to play them and upset them to start their 12-1 streak. Tell your players that they are a little bitty weak team and see what they would say. Tell those Fresh. and Soph. football players that they were a little bitty weak team and see what they would say. Shoot tell the coach that he doesn't belong on the field with a Letcher Central and see what he says. I understand that they have had some injuries and that the level of talent is down but by no means accuse Letcher Central of picking on a weak team. Obviously your not a true Martin County fan or you wouldn't have embarrassed the whole program by telling Letcher county not to pick on a little team like Martin Co. If I'm not wrong that team is pretty much an all-star team from ALL of Martin County at least it has been in the past and the players are just Like Letcher County picked from several different schools. For the last several years I've heard that Letcher County should do their youth league like Martin County and start developing players early in house. We over here in Letcher County are trying to things as well as a Martin, Perry, Johnson County, Breathitt, New Harlan and this is just our first year of being consolidated and all those big old players that you are referring to are now in their freshmen year and these boys never had the luxury of playing on a specific 7th grade team. These guys pretty much sit the bench last year and watched their 8th grade team-mates win ball-games. Did Martin County not beat East Letcher last year? I don't think you were calling your team a (Little Bitty) team from Martin county then, did you? Well you should think before you type and realize that your county is no different than all the other consolidated teams around you and are simply having a down year. Next thing I suppose you will say is that they should drop out of the Big Sandy Conference because it is to tough?????
:goofy: :omg: :Hammer3: :lame: :ape:
slingblade93 Wrote:With 22 first year kids, it is a major rebuilding year. Game after game they are getting better, just hard to play in that conference with out a lot of talent. Lafferty and Oconner are the two stand outs, I think they lost just about all the skill players from last years team. If your team had injuries and didn't have the backups two fill the spots you would forfeit as well. You probably just wouldn't admit it.
:1: :closed:
Lambert #1 Wrote:Come on #1 Kicker and Chase1,

You guys have got to be crazy. When the two Letcher County team joined last year nobody wanted to play Martin Co. because they had been the dominant team in the Big Sandy two seasons in a row. Whitesburg jumped at the chance to play them and upset them to start their 12-1 streak. Tell your players that they are a little bitty weak team and see what they would say. Tell those Fresh. and Soph. football players that they were a little bitty weak team and see what they would say. Shoot tell the coach that he doesn't belong on the field with a Letcher Central and see what he says. I understand that they have had some injuries and that the level of talent is down but by no means accuse Letcher Central of picking on a weak team. Obviously your not a true Martin County fan or you wouldn't have embarrassed the whole program by telling Letcher county not to pick on a little team like Martin Co. If I'm not wrong that team is pretty much an all-star team from ALL of Martin County at least it has been in the past and the players are just Like Letcher County picked from several different schools. For the last several years I've heard that Letcher County should do their youth league like Martin County and start developing players early in house. We over here in Letcher County are trying to things as well as a Martin, Perry, Johnson County, Breathitt, New Harlan and this is just our first year of being consolidated and all those big old players that you are referring to are now in their freshmen year and these boys never had the luxury of playing on a specific 7th grade team. These guys pretty much sit the bench last year and watched their 8th grade team-mates win ball-games. Did Martin County not beat East Letcher last year? I don't think you were calling your team a (Little Bitty) team from Martin county then, did you? Well you should think before you type and realize that your county is no different than all the other consolidated teams around you and are simply having a down year. Next thing I suppose you will say is that they should drop out of the Big Sandy Conference because it is to tough?????
Originally Posted by slingblade93
With 22 first year kids, it is a major rebuilding year. Game after game they are getting better, just hard to play in that conference with out a lot of talent. Lafferty and Oconner are the two stand outs, I think they lost just about all the skill players from last years team. If your team had injuries and didn't have the backups two fill the spots you would forfeit as well. You probably just wouldn't admit it.

So your saying that the other kids have no talent and aren't good enough to play.

I'm glad your not part of the Pond Creek Nation!
Pages: 1 2