Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Who beat New Harlan 5/6th??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can not remeber who it was.... out of all the teams that played in the Shelby Valley Bowl,, how has everyone stacked up against each other.. I have to go by what I saw at the Shelby Valley Bowl as to what teams look like.. Since I am not from there I do not know how things have played out yet....
Can someone explain to me if they know>>>>>??
New Harlan, did NOT participate in the Shelby Valley bowl. That was Harlan Independent. I know it's confusing. lol The New Harlan Patriots do not play Harlan Independent. They haven't for the past couple of years even though we are in the same county. I don't know if I answered your question or not.
Devilologist,

Let me try and be not as political as MamaBear was.

New Harlan is a whole lot better than Harlan Ind. They play a totally different level of football. Our little team from Letcher County played Harlan Ind. over there the other day and we beat them 10-0 and played a horrible game. The ref's were shall we say a little different, we recovered two fumbles that somehow stayed with Harlan Ind. New Harlan however has a very physical and talented group of 5th and 6th graders. If I was Harlan Ind. I wouldn't play them either. Our team played them over at the New Harlan field and we thought for sure we were going to pull an upset and then the real New Harlan team came alive and beat us in overtime.

However, Harlan Ind. is much better than in the past. I think that Coach Saragus or however you say that name has done a fine job in building a respectable little program. I stayed and watched a little of his 7th/8th grade game and they are actually decent this year. I think they can compete with Cumberland (which I have no idea as to why they are not playing with the New Harlan team but I guess that's another story we will have to let you in on later).
Okay ,, let me expand on the post... I asked : " Who beat Harlan County... I never said that anybody at the BOWL did.. I know that Harlan County did not play inthe Shelby Valley Bowl.....
I said I got to watch a couple of teams while I was there and i was asking to compare some of the teams that were there to who has played in that conference... WITH New Harlan.. I did not mean for the post to insenuate that New Harlan Lost to any team that was there...
So I should do this:

1. Who was the team that beat New Harlan?

2. As you guys can see in the Shelby valley post: Who do you think was the strongest team there Saturday.. I am asking about the teams from there....

3. I would ask someone to rank the 5/6th grade teams that were at the BOWL as i can see how things work out down there.....Just wondering....

Please MAMABEAR,, I did not mean that New Harlan was in the BOWL.. I know the difference between the Patriots and the Green DRagons......Yes I know that NH was there.. Just asking how they rank with the teams that were there.. Records of games would help me calibrate.....
I think you are asking what teams have beat the New Harlan Patriots 5th and 6th. There's been alot of confusion with the names of the different middle school teams plus the addition of our Harlan County High School has added to confusion for people not in our area. But to answer your question...our 5th and 6th grade team has been beaten by Stinnett and by Evarts.
Yeah, I heard both of those games were very close too and I also think New Harlan 5&6th came back to beat Stinnett later on in the season. The New Harlan 7&8th haven't been beat, but did face a good Letcher Central team and beat them by very narrow margin. I did get to see that game. Letcher Central has a good program. That was a good battle. The score shouldve been 16-6, but ended 8-6 New Harlan.
Evarts and Stinnett beast NH, and NH came back and beat Stinnett in a rematch.. OKay I got that.

Now can someone please rank the rest of the teams that were at the SVB..
"1st game lcc won big against johns creek do not rember score
2nd game russell won and looked very impressive against a good belfry team
3rd game lcc beat harlan ind. in a close hard fought defensive battle 10-0
4th game 8th grade valley got beat by harlan ind.
5th game 7th grade b team game harln ind. beat sv 20 -12
6th game belfry 5th beat mullins 6th and 5th in a good hard fought game I think 20-0 but i am not possitive
7th game 6th sv beat adams in a thriller 12-8 super good game most exciting of the day"

I guess by looking at this again I would be interested in LCC, Johns Creek, Harlan Independent, Belfry and then other 5/6th grade teams from around that area down south.... Have these teams played each other before? and if so how did everybody do?

There were 8 6th grade teams and 1 5th played in the bowl. Here is how I would rank them on that day and I watched all 7 games.

1. SV or 1A Russell
would be a shoot out if these teams played might come down to who had the ball last or turn overs
2. Adams
they are very close to Russell and SV just do not have the speed but probally a better line, they are huge. They have a good defense but slow offensively.
3. Belfry 6th
4. LCC
5. Belfry 5th
6. Harlan Ind
7. Johns Creek and Mullins very close match up between these two teams.
BB Claw
Not sure how you get the score of the Patriot vs Cougars should have been 16-6???????? The Cougars fumbled the ball 3 times and twice inside the twenty (once on the 9 yard line) and gave up an onside kick. If your referring to the goal line stand, it was a great defensive effort and they didn't get in the endzone. I do think the Patriots are a better team but both teams gave up scoring opportunities not just New Harlan. I personally thought it was the best game I've watched in several years that night. I hope the Patriots finish undefeated on the season, they deserve it. I however would love to see these two teams play again, I'd pay extra money to watch these two groups of guys on the field again. Keep on keep'n on Cougars and Patriots. How is they young man that hurt his knee that night. I understand that the Lewis kid broke his hand, our prayers go out to both of these kids because they sure were gamers in my opinion. Our #43 is out for the season after that night with a major shoulder injury that may end his career if they can't repair the ligaments that holds the back of the shoulder down, tore it up really bad, keep him in your prayers over that way Bear fans. In my opinion, I've not seen everyone in the state play but I would rank the Patriots #1 in the mountain area at this time. After reading what Devilogist posts on here regularly it seems like it would be a nice matchup between them and New Harlan.
Thats why we play next week at Leslie County at the OPERATION UNITE BOWL!!!!!
I guess they knew who to match up ..... LOLThis is going to be awesome// Tell your friends and neighbors, call your cousins and call in all your kin-folk.. drag the hollers and yell it on top of the mountains......
I can see a great game this coming weekend.

Oh I was born on a farm and raised in the country,, Yea we had a holler where I lived too, So dont let the Northeast Kentucky thing fool ya'll..

Anyway.. I think that it should be a great game Saturday......
CougarBabe Wrote:BB Claw
Not sure how you get the score of the Patriot vs Cougars should have been 16-6???????? The Cougars fumbled the ball 3 times and twice inside the twenty (once on the 9 yard line) and gave up an onside kick. If your referring to the goal line stand, it was a great defensive effort and they didn't get in the endzone. I do think the Patriots are a better team but both teams gave up scoring opportunities not just New Harlan. I personally thought it was the best game I've watched in several years that night. I hope the Patriots finish undefeated on the season, they deserve it. I however would love to see these two teams play again, I'd pay extra money to watch these two groups of guys on the field again. Keep on keep'n on Cougars and Patriots. How is they young man that hurt his knee that night. I understand that the Lewis kid broke his hand, our prayers go out to both of these kids because they sure were gamers in my opinion. Our #43 is out for the season after that night with a major shoulder injury that may end his career if they can't repair the ligaments that holds the back of the shoulder down, tore it up really bad, keep him in your prayers over that way Bear fans. In my opinion, I've not seen everyone in the state play but I would rank the Patriots #1 in the mountain area at this time. After reading what Devilogist posts on here regularly it seems like it would be a nice matchup between them and New Harlan.

I sooo hate to hear this bad news about that young man's shoulder injury. I didn't realize how severe it was. Will definately keep him in our prayers over here in Harlan County. The kid who hurt his knee that night is back 100% rip roaring ready to go. The Lewis boy goes back Wed. to the doctor for a check up on his arm. He has been practicing and running, but no contact. I don't know if he'll get to participate this week or not, but should be ready for the playoffs. Hope everybody stays healthy for the rest of the season on ALL teams!
Thats why we play next week at Leslie County at the OPERATION UNIT BOWL!!!!!

Not the Coca Cola Bowl, Devilologist!!!!!!
The "Operation Unite Bowl"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I Rule The World Wrote:Thats why we play next week at Leslie County at the OPERATION UNIT BOWL!!!!!

Not the Coca Cola Bowl, Devilologist!!!!!!
The "Operation Unite Bowl"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Where did you get Coca-Cola Bowl......
You need to get some sleep !!!!!!!!!
LOL

If you cant figure it out I changed it.... I had a brain cramp but wanted to get you too while I was at it..... Yea this is gonna be tough Saturday. I have had butterflies since 3 weeks ago...
Thanks again for having us come down. I hope that our game is what it is cracked up to be!!!!!!

Cant wait....
New Harlans good. It'll be a good game.
Oh I know they are good. They will be the best we have faced all year it appears,,, I am thankful for parents and people keeping up with them and posting about them. It is great to hear good things about other teams on here......
I am still squeemish about this game coming up....
Red Devil,

You can see them on youtube vs Cumberland ,Bell, Evarts, Stinnett etc.
#42, #19(32) are Monsters.
Oh I have seen them, and they look like a real good football team. I know that it is going to be a real test for us.. I still get buterflies thinking about it........
# 42 Plays all over the field. 1 Game he is QB, next he is TB. Plays Safty on D.
#19 (wears 32 also) is TB and nose guard. He will try to jump your center!
#23 is as fast as lightning. They have a very good football team.
What's up? Giving a scouting report on my Patriots. It is fun watching #19 jump those centers though. I feel like he is playing out of position but he does get in some nice plays at nose guard. From what has been said on here Russell seems to be real good, should be a good game.
Not a report, just admiration. I like those boys. Nick played for me in Pee wee. I am a fan of all the county kids
After all my whining and belly aching must have paid off, some parents have had a change of heart and will be traveling after all. So as it looks now the only starter that will not be going is my left guard..... My tackle and guard and my end will be there.....
Prayer works and I believe it everyday....
I feel alot better about the game now........I still got up at 5;30 this morning ,,, could not sleep.........
belfry 6th grade did not get to play harlan , dont have them on scheduale either .i think there were a few teams we did not get to play
Daddycat27 Wrote:Not a report, just admiration. I like those boys. Nick played for me in Pee wee. I am a fan of all the county kids

Just giving you a hard time Daddy! I would love to see all the county teams be successful. Good middle school teams will translate into good Black Bear teams where we will all be cheering for the same team. This new high school especially the football team has really brought this county together. No one could have predicted that! Also would like to see the CVC conference revamped where we could all see some more competition.
A big Amen from me!
Will someone post the score from the Bowl game today when you get time? Hope everyone is home safe.Smile