Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: UK ranked #25 in ESPNU Allstate Standings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
ESPNU Allstate Standings (Fan poll)

1. Oklahoma 4-0
2. Alabama 5-0
3. LSU 4-0
4. Missouri 4-0
5. Texas 4-0
6. Penn State 5-0
7. Texas Tech 4-0
8. Brigham Young 4-0
9. South Florida 5-0
10. Georgia 4-1
11. USC 2-1
12. Florida 3-1
13. Auburn 4-1
14. Utah 5-0
15. Ohio State 4-1
16. Vanderbilt 4-0
17. Boise State 3-0
18. Kansas 3-1
19. Wisconsin 3-1
20. Oklahoma State 4-0
21. Virginia Tech 4-1
22. Oregon 4-1
23. Fresno State 3-1
24. Connecticut 5-0
25. Kentucky 4-0

Others Receiving Votes
Michigan State, Maryland, Wake Forest, Northwestern, Ball State.

Kentucky was ranked 28th in both the AP and USA Today polls.
Only time shall tell about a Top 25 ranking. I do believe that they are a top 25 team. Of course I think evey SEC team should be in the Top 25, lol!
Wish that ranking meant something, other than Kentucky having a lot of fans that vote.

I still can't believe they didn't ranked in either major poll this week after winning large yesterday.
no suprise that we arent ranked in the AP or USA today poll considering the teams we have played. yeah we are 4-0 but what about teams like Ole Miss who have two losses but in all honesty have played better then UK up to this point. THey have played better competition. In essence they should not have lost a game thus far, but the football gods got the best of them. 28th in the AP and USA today poll is respectable considering strrength of schedule and the way UK has played. JMO
UK is not in the top 25, if they are. They will be back out of it after this weekend. When BAMA win over UK.....
cj2561 Wrote:UK is not in the top 25, if they are.

:confused:

I have no idea what you're trying to say.
cj2561 Wrote:UK is not in the top 25, if they are. They will be back out of it after this weekend. When BAMA win over UK.....

I did not misunderstood anything trying you said then just, type to learn how to make a coherent sentence.

translation: Learn to write.

As UK fans everyone I guess we might as well give up on out 4-0 start when UT fan is sitting over there with one win under his belt.
I think we have a good showing at Alabama we will be ranked. We don't have to win, because even if we give the #2 team in the country a run for their money in their house, it says something about your football team.
Uk Will Come Out Ready To Play This Is There First Big Test And It Will Show The Nation What They Have. If They Lose By 10 Points They Will Still Be Ranked In The Top 25 No Doubt
ComfortEagle Wrote::confused:

I have no idea what you're trying to say.

I am saying that UK havn't play a good team yet. So this weekend when they play BAMA everyone will see how bad UK is. The best team UK play so far is MTSU.
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:I did not misunderstood anything trying you said then just, type to learn how to make a coherent sentence.

translation: Learn to write.

As UK fans everyone I guess we might as well give up on out 4-0 start when UT fan is sitting over there with one win under his belt.

Look at the teams TENN play. Tenn don't play teams like WKY and Norfolk State. Two no name school that play in a NON-BCS conferences. Until UK can get to were they don't play these school or only one of them ever so many years then put TENN down, i don't see it anytime soon. But Brooks is doing a good job so far. IF UK play these teams they will be 0-4 or 1-3 so far....
cj2561 Wrote:Look at the teams TENN play. Tenn don't play teams like WKY and Norfolk State. Two no name school that play in a NON-BCS conferences. Until UK can get to were they don't play these school or only one of them ever so many years then put TENN down, i don't see it anytime soon. But Brooks is doing a good job so far. IF UK play these teams they will be 0-4 or 1-3 so far....

Tenn has played UCLA a team that in all honesty UK could and probley would beat (their only win of the season against UT). Then you have UAB, UTs only win of the season against a team that is 1-4,, oh yeah by the way they play in a NON-BCS conference.

Now lets take a look at non-conference all together:
Tenn:
UCLA (BCS Conference) 1-3
UAB (Non BCS) 1-4
NIU (Non-BCS) 2-2
Wyoming (Non-BCS) 2-3
overall 1 BCS conference team recor: 6-12

UK
U of L ( BCS conference) 2-2
Norfolk 2-3
MTSU (Non BCS) 2-3 HUGE win over one of ACCs favs Maryland
WKU (non BCS) 2-3 and have played a very tough schedule thus far
overall 1 BCS conference team record: 8-11

Looking at the conference schedule they are pretty much even. So now tell me how much does that schedule differ from UKs? IMO looks like UKs is the same if not a little bit tougher.:notworthy
Why do we even bother making statements about idiocracy of cj2561's comments? We're wasting our time in even acknowledging his posts exist.
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:Tenn has played UCLA a team that in all honesty UK could and probley would beat (their only win of the season against UT). Then you have UAB, UTs only win of the season against a team that is 1-4,, oh yeah by the way they play in a NON-BCS conference.

Now lets take a look at non-conference all together:
Tenn:
UCLA (BCS Conference) 1-3
UAB (Non BCS) 1-4
NIU (Non-BCS) 2-2
Wyoming (Non-BCS) 2-3
overall 1 BCS conference team recor: 6-12

UK
U of L ( BCS conference) 2-2
Norfolk 2-3
MTSU (Non BCS) 2-3 HUGE win over one of ACCs favs Maryland
WKU (non BCS) 2-3 and have played a very tough schedule thus far
overall 1 BCS conference team record: 8-11

Looking at the conference schedule they are pretty much even. So now tell me how much does that schedule differ from UKs? IMO looks like UKs is the same if not a little bit tougher.:notworthy

UK start there season ever year with 2 or 3 NON-BCS school. Year in and year out.
StrikeoutKing Wrote:Why do we even bother making statements about idiocracy of cj2561's comments? We're wasting our time in even acknowledging his posts exist.

You like everone else in the state. Just becuase they won a few games everone talking about UK. What was people doing back when they was losing. You hear people couning the days until basketball season start. Now when they made it to back to back bowl games. Until UK win a SEC title they are nothing. Vanderbilt never play the team UK play so far, and they 4-0.
cj2561 Wrote:You like everone else in the state. Just becuase they won a few games everone talking about UK. What was people doing back when they was losing. You hear people couning the days until basketball season start. Now when they made it to back to back bowl games. Until UK win a SEC title they are nothing. Vanderbilt never play the team UK play so far, and they 4-0.

No one is trying to put WKU, MTSU, or Norfolk State on a pedestal, but to say that "UK sucks" is a false statement. They have done nothing but win and you keep putting them down. Why? There seems to be no reason other than that you are trying to stir things up.

Your UT Vols are sitting at what? 1-3?

Yes, UK plays 3 or 4 "easy" teams to start the season, and that is a good strategy. It gets the team ready and helps them improve before getting into the meat of their schedule.

BTW, UK is going to beat UT this season...just wanted to let you know so you can get your Kleenex ready.
ComfortEagle Wrote:No one is trying to put WKU, MTSU, or Norfolk State on a pedestal, but to say that "UK sucks" is a false statement. They have done nothing but win and you keep putting them down. Why? There seems to be no reason other than that you are trying to stir things up.

Your UT Vols are sitting at what? 1-3?

Yes, UK plays 3 or 4 "easy" teams to start the season, and that is a good strategy. It gets the team ready and helps them improve before getting into the meat of their schedule.

BTW, UK is going to beat UT this season...just wanted to let you know so you can get your Kleenex ready.

I get my reason, but now he is not there. Before that happen i was the biggest UK basketball fan around here, but i can't get it out of my head now. It was about the old basketball coach, but the only time i like UK football was back when a guy from Leslie Co. play for them. but when they play tenn. them two years i never watch the game. He take UK to back to back bowl games, But he take them to better bowl than the last 2 was. and he done it with out a line.
If UK wins this week i say they will break the top 15 perhaps.
cj2561 Wrote:I get my reason, but now he is not there. Before that happen i was the biggest UK basketball fan around here, but i can't get it out of my head now. It was about the old basketball coach, but the only time i like UK football was back when a guy from Leslie Co. play for them. but when they play tenn. them two years i never watch the game. He take UK to back to back bowl games, But he take them to better bowl than the last 2 was. and he done it with out a line.
Better bowls? Could you or your coach, Fat Fulmer, turn this program around like Brooks has? The whole nation is seeing how Fulmer is doing! Brooks has turned this program completely upside down and has the Cats in the running for top prospects against elite teams. UK is not up to par with Georgia, Florida, Tennessee (until the beat them), and some of the other teams, but it takes time. They've proved they can play with these teams, maybe not win, but at least play and compete. Every team plays "lower level" teams early in the year...Alabama played WKU, Tennessee played UAB, LSU played Appalachian State. Everyone does it, not just UK.

Seriously, dude...each time you post, you make yourself look more and more ridiculous because no argument you make is valid and you refuse to back it up!
It is that new offense coordinator. To me he don't know what he is doing. There might a new there next year. If he don;t get better.
StrikeoutKing Wrote:Better bowls? Could you or your coach, Fat Fulmer, turn this program around like Brooks has? The whole nation is seeing how Fulmer is doing! Brooks has turned this program completely upside down and has the Cats in the running for top prospects against elite teams. UK is not up to par with Georgia, Florida, Tennessee (until the beat them), and some of the other teams, but it takes time. They've proved they can play with these teams, maybe not win, but at least play and compete. Every team plays "lower level" teams early in the year...Alabama played WKU, Tennessee played UAB, LSU played Appalachian State. Everyone does it, not just UK.

Seriously, dude...each time you post, you make yourself look more and more ridiculous because no argument you make is valid and you refuse to back it up!

I was talking about UK in that. It was back in the 90's a guy name Tim Couch play at UK.
cj2561 Wrote:UK start there season ever year with 2 or 3 NON-BCS school. Year in and year out.

Does not matter if you play them early or late in the season a Non-BCS is a non-BCS and by the looks of it your oh "HOLY" vols have scheduled 3 this season as well. So maybe you should call Fulmer about your 1-3 record and tell him "Hey coach we need to schedule USC next season" you know what FAT Fulmer would say to you laugh more than likely call you a dumb *** and then send you on your way.

You can not back up any argument you make, nor can you put together a scentence that makes sense.
cj2561 Wrote:I was talking about UK in that. It was back in the 90's a guy name Tim Couch play at UK.
First of all, that sentence isn't even a sentence. Everything about it is wrong.

Secondly, if you knew me, you would know that I am a sports FREAK! I know exactly who Tim Couch is and remember the battle between him and Peyton Manning when Tennessee beat 'em 59-31. And I was 9 years old. I have a football signed by Tim Couch! I know who he is! I guarentee I know more about football...no wait...sports in general than you wish you ever knew! Don't tell me I don't know who Tim Couch is!
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:Does not matter if you play them early or late in the season a Non-BCS is a non-BCS and by the looks of it your oh "HOLY" vols have scheduled 3 this season as well. So maybe you should call Fulmer about your 1-3 record and tell him "Hey coach we need to schedule USC next season" you know what FAT Fulmer would say to you laugh more than likely call you a dumb *** and then send you on your way.

You can not back up any argument you make, nor can you put together a scentence that makes sense.

The Mountain West might be a NON-BCS, but they better then the Big East, Pac 10 and the Big 10. Norfolk State a 2A school, I never heard of them until this year. If they not a 2A school, what conf. do they play in. Until UK win a title shut up...... I don;t see it anytime soon. I can't talk the way i talk, when i do they kick me off 24 hours. The last time UK beat TENN was 1984, the last time they beat FL was 86. Beat them first in the same year UK might can do something.
StrikeoutKing Wrote:First of all, that sentence isn't even a sentence. Everything about it is wrong.

Secondly, if you knew me, you would know that I am a sports FREAK! I know exactly who Tim Couch is and remember the battle between him and Peyton Manning when Tennessee beat 'em 59-31. And I was 9 years old. I have a football signed by Tim Couch! I know who he is! I guarentee I know more about football...no wait...sports in general than you wish you ever knew! Don't tell me I don't know who Tim Couch is!

The last time UK beat TENN was 1984, i was 4 year old. The last time they beat FL was 1986. Tim Couch take UK back to back Jan1 bowl games. I don't know anyother QB that done that for UK. If i don't make sentence i went to a county school, and i play sports. That mean i don;t have to show up for school, and i still have a 3.8 GPA.
cj2561 Wrote:Tim Couch take UK back to back Jan1 bowl games. I don't know anyother QB that done that for UK.

Woodson took UK to back to back bowl games.

Granted, they weren't on Jan. 1st Rolleyes

But at least Woodson won his bowl games, something Couch never did.
cj2561 Wrote:If i don't make sentence i went to a county school, and i play sports. That mean i don;t have to show up for school, and i still have a 3.8 GPA.

If you talk, spell, write, type like that and STILL have a 3.8 GPA then that's a pathetic reflection on whatever school you attend.
ComfortEagle Wrote:Woodson took UK to back to back bowl games.

Granted, they weren't on Jan. 1st Rolleyes

But at least Woodson won his bowl games, something Couch never did.

If Tim play them two team they would have won. They beat a FSU team with 26 player out. Tim play a Penn state team that lose 3 games that year, and i can't remember the other team. Woodson didn't even make the team, Tim play 7 years. All the record Woodson break. it take him 3 years, were it take Tim 2 years. If Tim play his SR year, no one can break his record...... Jan 1 bowl game the school get 500K, the two bowl game they play in 300K, better then bowl the more money they get. The BCS bowl game 1M, the title game 250k more...
cj2561 Wrote:If Tim play them two team they would have won. They beat a FSU team with 26 player out.

UK had a large number of STARTERS out too, so that argument is bull.
Before there are any more personal attacks and annoyances, this thread is going to be closed. cj2561, again, I will ask you to please attempt use correct spelling and grammar.

This thread had gone beyond being able to clean up.