Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Kentucky 41, WKU 3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final. 1st meeting ever.

UK 4-0
Final score!
Had problems on Offense but good on Def.
C.A.T.S. Cats Cats Cats! Great Job UK
Whoo!!! Go Cats!!!
Kentucky took a while to get going, but eventually the offense got untracked. Good to see things running a little smoother than they had.

The kickoff return from Locke was big. Western had just cut the lead to 10-3, and if they had stopped UK with no further scoring before halftime, WKU would have had some momentum to start the second half.

Instead, UK came out in the second and took care of business. Good effort from the offense, and once again a dominating performance from the defense.
Thought Kentucky looked real good tonight. The rushing game finally got going with 4 backs getting over 30+ yards. Derrick Locke got the team going by returning a kickoff back for a touchdown. Hartline threw his first interception on the season off of a tipped pass in the 1st quarter.

The defense looked really good, they did have some trouble with WKU's running back, Rainey, who made some pretty nice plays. Kentucky looks to have found a solid field goal kicker now in Tydlacka. But the Wildcats looked good tonight on offense, defense, and special teams.

LET'S GO GET THE TIDE NOW!
QB is starting to look alright.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Thought Kentucky looked real good tonight. The rushing game finally got going with 4 backs getting over 30+ yards. Derrick Locke got the team going by returning a kickoff back for a touchdown. Hartline threw his first interception on the season off of a tipped pass in the 1st quarter.

The defense looked really good, they did have some trouble with WKU's running back, Rainey, who made some pretty nice plays. Kentucky looks to have found a solid field goal kicker now in Tydlacka. But the Wildcats looked good tonight on offense, defense, and special teams.

LET'S GO GET THE TIDE NOW!
**** yea
Where is cj2561 now?

cj2561 Wrote:UK been a D-1 school 4 how long, and UK still BLOW!!!!!

cj2561 Wrote:Because UK is about the same as WKY. WKY will come to play like MTSU did, but this time UK will lose....

cj2561 Wrote:Wky 27
Uk 24
Smile Smile Smile Smile :ChairHit:
Big Grin
Good call by that person.
Way to go Cats!!! Beat Bama!
I thought the Cats played pretty good overall...from where I was at in the stands, two of the long runs that WKU had in the 2nd were assisted by a holding (one from a lineman and the other from a receiver) that was not called. Thus, the long gains helped contribute to the only score for the 'Toppers on the night...which was a pretty good kick. One thing that stood out the most to me was the dropped passes. Hartline actually had a pretty good game for the most part with the exception of throwing the one interception....hopefully, the offense can pick up where we left off tonight and the defense will do what it does and knock of the Tide next week.
Receivers still need to improve at catching the ball, but like Tom Leach said, Hartline and his receivers are still learning each other and creating chemistry, but they are improving. Defense again was dominating! They've only allowed 22 points through the first 4 games (20 if you don't count the safety against Louisville). That's the fewest allowed during the first 4 games since 1966 when they allowed 31. They're improving all around...offense, defense, special teams. Now let's go get Saban and his Crimson Tide.
Holding a spread offense to 15 yards passing is UNREAL!!!!!!!!
just got in from the game and I though the Cats did a very good job. The O is still not where we need to be but defencivly played very well yet again. I really wish Joker would use Cooner more out of the backfield with screens and such. I was impressed with Allen. Hatline showed some promise late in the game, finally saw him feeling the pressure on his back and stepping up in the pocket and sliding in the pocket when it is collapsing. He also had a very nice scramble in the first half which was nice to see. I think this team is really coming together. A third straight bowl game is defintley in the reach if we can only nurse our injuries and stay healthy. Bama will roll all over us with Jeffries, Johnson and Jenkins out.
to me the 1st half sucked, but we got it together in the 2nd.
cj2561 doesn't know what he's talking about. Good game for the Cats. UK needs more work on offense, and quarterback still worries me a little bit. Get ready for the Tide, Cats!!! We can do it guys!!!
The College One Wrote:cj2561 dont know what he talking about. good game for the cats. need more work on offense. quarterback still worries me a little bit. but get ready for the tide cats!!! we can do it guys!!!
Why do I get this picture in my head of that guy from the "Water Boy"?????J/K UK seems to be a little hurt on Offense if one of the Two QBs aren't 100%.
Congrats Cats!!
OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH i just thought about something. How happy was everyone when Siber did NOT walk onto the field for that first field go atempt. LOL I was like thank god!!!!!!!!!
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH i just thought about something. How happy was everyone when Siber did NOT walk onto the field for that first field go atempt. LOL I was like thank god!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, Brooks said earlier in the week that Sieber would only be used for extra points, not field goals.

So the other guy is now going to handle the field goals. Big Grin
ComfortEagle Wrote:Yeah, Brooks said earlier in the week that Sieber would only be used for extra points, not field goals.

So the other guy is now going to handle the field goals. Big Grin

haha I had not had time to read anything Brooks had said pryor to the game but was so happy when I saw the new kid. What a random number for a nicker though (9)? lol
Congrats UK on the win. Now lets ready for Bama.
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH i just thought about something. How happy was everyone when Siber did NOT walk onto the field for that first field go atempt. LOL I was like thank god!!!!!!!!!

My Prayers have literally been answered. Ever since the UT heartbreak I suffered last season I have wanted Seiber gone!