Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Adams 26 LCC 7th 8
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Adams defeated a very tough LCC 7th grade bunch today @ Pikeville. Coach Howard will have another good team next season. # 10 is a good qb !
Adams has a really good team, they were big and strong and very well coached. I'd of liked to see Coach Howard put some of those 8th graders in the game instead of just letting them stand on the side and watch the 7th graders get beat. But I guess he's just getting them ready for the future and playing them for experience next season.
Lambert #1 Wrote:Adams has a really good team, they were big and strong and very well coached. I'd of liked to see Coach Howard put some of those 8th graders in the game instead of just letting them stand on the side and watch the 7th graders get beat. But I guess he's just getting them ready for the future and playing them for experience next season.

Why would you put 8th graders in a 7th grade game?
BMSPirateMom #11 Wrote:Why would you put 8th graders in a 7th grade game?

Adams doesn't have a 7th grade team. They're 7th & 8th grade players are combined just to make a A-team.
Why would you just play 7th graders against a team that plays 7th and 8th graders? Was this the arrangement before the game between the coaches?
In Floyd County there just isn't enough players out to have a 7th and 8th grade team. The coaches have to agree on the arrangements of the game. I know for sure LCC knew what he was playing against.
Yes our coaches did know what they were saying yes to but and this is a big but I know they did try to convince the guys that set up the tournament to let their 8th graders play Adams since Adams had already beaten Pikeville by 20 points earlier in the season and have their 7th graders play Pikeville but for some reason he said that Adams would not agree to it. Maybe down the road in the Big Sandy tourny people will finally see the LCC vs Adams game that people over in Letcher county have been trying two years to schedule happen. Shoot, I watched the game and I think it would be a fun one to watch, Adams is not as weak as you guys are trying to imply. No complaining from us, having our 7th graders play 8th graders will only make us stronger for next season, at this level it's not about the wins and losses it's about field time for those 7th graders that aren't as ready to play as our 8th graders are.

Our 7th graders played really well even though the score board doesn't show it, were proud of your little guys.
Lambert #1 Wrote:Yes our coaches did know what they were saying yes to but and this is a big but I know they did try to convince the guys that set up the tournament to let their 8th graders play Adams since Adams had already beaten Pikeville by 20 points earlier in the season and have their 7th graders play Pikeville but for some reason he said that Adams would not agree to it. Maybe down the road in the Big Sandy tourny people will finally see the LCC vs Adams game that people over in Letcher county have been trying two years to schedule happen. Shoot, I watched the game and I think it would be a fun one to watch, Adams is not as weak as you guys are trying to imply. No complaining from us, having our 7th graders play 8th graders will only make us stronger for next season, at this level it's not about the wins and losses it's about field time for those 7th graders that aren't as ready to play as our 8th graders are.

Our 7th graders played really well even though the score board doesn't show it, were proud of your little guys.

Adams usually has a good team that is well coached. They have some big boys this season and one really good quarterback in Bryson Williams, who looks to be a future star for Prestonsburg.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Adams usually has a good team that is well coached. They have some big boys this season and one really good quarterback in Bryson Williams, who looks to be a future star for Prestonsburg.

Bryson is not the quarterback, he is a tailback this season.........
This is interesting,, we run inot the same grade play at the 5/6th..... as I have read in the 7/8th grade thread.
DEVILOLOGIST Wrote:This is interesting,, we run inot the same grade play at the 5/6th..... as I have read in the 7/8th grade thread.

It's not that big of an issue ! LCC dressed around 40-45 players 7th and 8th combined. Adams dresses about 28 total 7th and 8th combined. It is difficult to field a 7th grade team and an 8th grade team with 28 total. Pikeville played several 7th graders against all 8th grade from LCC the game prior. I have not seen any complaints from Pikeville.
canoeman06 Wrote:It's not that big of an issue ! LCC dressed around 40-45 players 7th and 8th combined. Adams dresses about 28 total 7th and 8th combined. It is difficult to field a 7th grade team and an 8th grade team with 28 total. Pikeville played several 7th graders against all 8th grade from LCC the game prior. I have not seen any complaints from Pikeville.

2 of which are 6th graders ...................
Canoeman, last time I checked you only get to play 11 players at at time regardless of how many you have on the team. Like I said before it's no big deal, I'm sure the the LCC coaches knew what they were doing. However, I'm also sure the Adams coaches knew that they were going to pad their schedule with an easy win. I'd rather lose in a game that my kids actually learn in and grow as an athlete instead of winning a game that you learn nothing. I'm sure that's why the coaches at LCC scheduled the game with you guys. I actually talked to the LCC coach today and he was really happy over the game. He stated that he was friends with the Adams coach and they have laughed it up and went into the game knowing that Adams would probably win the game. He was fine with the loss because he said he'd rather see his younger players playing regardless of the score instead of watching them stand on the sidelines and getting bored during 8th grade games, he said that he at least knows they are getting field time and learning from losing games that they are not supposed to win. Our 7th graders never quit in that game and we are all proud of them for it.