Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: New Harlan videos on Youtube
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
All I can say is WOW !!!!!, Those kids look impressive and the backs are HUGE.. I can see why they are always spoken very highly of on here.. I guess if you dont know a kid,, you just hear people talking smack.. but when you get to see them in action,.,,,, well action speaks louder than words.. and if a picture is worth a 1000 words, video is just.. well....... priceless.. I am sure that those kids will be a powerhouse to deal with as they grow......
I know that we talk about grades on here alot but how old are these kids also... Like I talk about the MESSER kid from our team and he is in the 6th grade and he is 11... How old are these kids in the videos????? I can only hope that when my son is up there he may fill out like those boys....
Thanks for the HUGE compliment. Our coaching staff is tops and get the most out of every kid. By the time they make it to Coach Larkey they will be rip roaring ready to go! These boys love football and work very very hard at what they love. We have a great group of parents that all work together and that's important also. Feed them beans and taters!!!
DEVILOLOGIST Wrote:All I can say is WOW !!!!!, Those kids look impressive and the backs are HUGE.. I can see why they are always spoken very highly of on here.. I guess if you dont know a kid,, you just hear people talking smack.. but when you get to see them in action,.,,,, well action speaks louder than words.. and if a picture is worth a 1000 words, video is just.. well....... priceless.. I am sure that those kids will be a powerhouse to deal with as they grow......
I know that we talk about grades on here alot but how old are these kids also... Like I talk about the MESSER kid from our team and he is in the 6th grade and he is 11... How old are these kids in the videos????? I can only hope that when my son is up there he may fill out like those boys....

The oldest kids on the 7th and 8th are 14. The oldest kids on 5thand 6th are 12. To my knowledge. Nobody on our team drives thebus there but we are always accused of that. LOL I'm telling you...beans and taters!
We eat beans and taters, but we also have at all cold glass of milk with cornbread in it.. YUMMY !!!!!

Yea I was born and raised on a farm.. I was around 7 before i even knew there were grocery stores....... Yea I have even used an outhouse before...
PLus the coffe can kitchen chairs for an inside potty..... I aint that old either... we did not have much growing up....
you all sound like my type of girls, man all this talk beans taters, corn bread, milk... oh ---- what about a big ole onion!!!! help??? my boys are like this stuff would gag a dying horse!!! they have never had it hard like we have... really. i hope they dont.... but look at all the good food their missing.... WHAT ABOUT THE POKE SALAD!!! FRIED WITH SCRAMBLED EGGS!!! MAN IS IT SUPPER TIME YET???
I use to walk with my grandmother down the dirt road to our house as she would cut a mess of greens from the side of the road to make dinner,, uH I aint a lady either....... I guess you had a 50-50 chance and you got it wrong.. I am feller....
thats why i dont gamble! lol i would have to work 3 jobs
You all are forgetting home grown tomatoes! lol I'm hungry now!
We seriously have a cow butchered and my boys eat steak a whole lot. We put stuff up from the garden for the winter. We also raise chickens. lol Wow, when I see it in writing, we really are some hicks. :p
LOLOLOL,, you can take the girl out of the country, but never take the country out of the girl!!!!!!!!!
Wow!!!! This thread got crazy. I thought I was going to learn how to upload videos to youtube. But, now I'm going to have to get off here and fix my husband some beans, taters, and cornbread. :Hungry: :Hungry: :Hungry: :Hungry:

Hope it don't snow tonight cause over here in Letcher Co. we have to walk three miles up hill both ways barefoot to our one room school. :BigLaugh:

By the way, you all have no idea how hard it is to run that Jumbotron at the high school games with a set of booster cables and a car battery!!!!!!!!! :wink:
Yeah if it snows then we can make snow-cream like Mamaw used to. Snow,sugar,vanilla flavoring and cream from a can!! I really miss the chili in a bag form football game cocessions. Not the same here on the left coast.
When you start talking about welding with a car battery, jumper cables and a metal clothes hanger I am outta here.!!!!!
This has to be the funniest thread I've ever seen on here. You guys are hillarious and I can't top any of those posts. You know this is a great site, it's very rare that you hear anything negative or out of the way, just good old KY. people getting along for the most part, it's no wonder people say that when you come to Eastern Kentucky you always feel right at home and like a member of the family wherever you go. Keep up the good natured posts, we have a lot of kids that read these and it's good for them to see adults getting along so well and God knows we need good role models for them these days even if they do not really know who is posting the messages.
Leaving forthe Shelby valley Bowl...... LOook for the Yellow DEVILS hat if you want to meet me today, we play at 11am.
I just wanted to see if I could do this.

[YOUTUBE="New Harlan vs LCC 7/8 (couple of plays)"]hW-wwjfn4iQ[/YOUTUBE]
I got to thinking about it and I wanted to add that these clips in NO way are a fair and accurate display of that game. It was a battle both ways. These clips are a few good plays of New Harlan from that game. The kids enjoy these little vids on youtube. Didn't want to give anyone the wrong impression of LCC. I could make a highlight reel for them out of this game also if I had chosen to.
DEVILOLOGIST Wrote:All I can say is WOW !!!!!, Those kids look impressive and the backs are HUGE.. I can see why they are always spoken very highly of on here.. I guess if you dont know a kid,, you just hear people talking smack.. but when you get to see them in action,.,,,, well action speaks louder than words.. and if a picture is worth a 1000 words, video is just.. well....... priceless.. I am sure that those kids will be a powerhouse to deal with as they grow......

Yeah the New Harlan Patriots are a really deal.. They bring it when it is needed... They have a good group of boys and also some fine stand outs like there linebackers and qb. The qb #10 don't look like much but, I have seen him first hand play some hard defense along with #19.
wish I could do that. Mamma Bear you did a great job.
BIGMOMMABEAR Wrote:Yeah the New Harlan Patriots are a really deal.. They bring it when it is needed... They have a good group of boys and also some fine stand outs like there linebackers and qb. The qb #10 don't look like much but, I have seen him first hand play some hard defense along with #19.

those 2 are the future of the BlackBears football progrem.look for those 2 make alot of noise on Friday nights.good luck in the playoff.:rockon:
Mama Bear Wrote:I just wanted to see if I could do this.

[YOUTUBE="New Harlan vs LCC 7/8 (couple of plays)"]hW-wwjfn4iQ[/YOUTUBE]

that right there made me smile! that's just awesome!
This is a special group of 8th graders on this team. They love the game and work hard. They are really smart, all round good kids. I can't wait to see them play for the Black Bears in the years to come. They know how to win. Alot of these kids excel in other sports like baseball and basketball. I expect them to make big waves in high school. That group behind them ain't too shabby either!!!!
Check out the canon on our QB! These kids have been well coached and are well disciplined. They like to hit!

[YOUTUBE="New Harlan Patriots VS Knox Central"]kOm-HEG8gf0[/YOUTUBE]
that right there makes me wanna cry haha! glad to see the talent we have coming up in the next years, HC football will be just fine by the way it's looking!
Oh yeah its just going to get better and I am loving it. AH mama bear tell ur qb he does have a nice arm there and to keep up the good work. Please tell me that he is going to play high school football some rumors are going that he is quitting. I love to watch him play in all sports and he has so much ahead of him.
He better not stop playing football! I'd say the new high school coaches would be very VERy disappinted if that were to happen. :eek: