Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Sec
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After the start of the season who do you think is the best and most Surprising teams in the the SEC? Who do you think will play for the gold?

Best : Florida
Most Surprising: Vandy

SEC Championship

Florida Vs. Alabama
The SEC is so tough it is hard to determine who will play for the title.

in the West you have Auburn, LSU, and Alabama. IT would not shock me if either one of those 3 make the title game.

In the East you have Florida and Georgia fighting for the top spot and whoever wins that game will be in the title game. IMHO, the winner of the UF UGA game will win the SEC title and play in the national title game.
Best- Florida or Georgia
Suprise-Vandy
Spartan4Life Wrote:After the start of the season who do you think is the best and most Surprising teams in the the SEC? Who do you think will play for the gold?

Best : Florida
Most Surprising: Vandy

SEC Championship

Florida Vs. Alabama

I agree with you about the best and most surprising. But I don't think Bama will make it to the SEC championship game. IMO, LSU will make it.
Not a shocker that Florida and Georgia are atop the SEC East. Of course the most surprising team has been Vanderbilt with a 4-0 record to start out and a top 25 ranking.

SEC Championship game will be between LSU and Florida, with Florida coming out on top.
Florida, Georgia, and LSU are all ranked above Alabama, but IMO, Alabama has been the best team thus far. Florida is good, no question, beating Miami 26-3, and Tennessee 30-6. Georgia was the pre-season #1, but has looked sluggish in wins over South Carolina and a tough Arizona State team. LSU has put up 41 points twice and edged out a very good Auburn team by 5 on the road. Alabama held Clemon's James Davis and CJ Spiller to 0...ZERO...yards rushing, and is beating opponents by an average of 26.75 points. I hate Nick Saban, but his team is the best THUS FAR in the SEC (and that's just my opinion). There's no doubt Florida, LSU, Auburn, and Georgia are up there as well, but Bama to me, through the first 3-4 games has been the most dominant.

As for the most surprising, is there any question? Coach Johnson and his Vanderbilt Commodores! I don't think anyone expected them to be ranked in the top 25! Most teams even considered, and still consider them a lock for a win (Kentucky fans). This team is good. With Chris Nickson throwing the ball, and Sean Walker catching the ball, not to mention DJ Moore on defense, this team has a lot of potential and could be even more surprising as SEC play heats up!

Alabama travels to Baton Rouge on November 8 to take on the Tigers. That game will determine who represents the West in Atlanta. The East will come down to the World's Largest Ooutdoor Cocktail Party in Jacksonville, Florida on November 1.
SEC Championship
Alabama beats Georgia (avenging a September 27 loss @ Georgia)
Sec Championship will be Florida vs. LSU
Georgia and Alabama meet in a rematch in the SEC championship game.

Most underrated - Vanderbilt and Kentucky

Most overrated - Auburn by far -There are highschool teams that have a better offense than that. I think Tony Franklin needs to go back to selling that gimicky offense to highschool coaches that don't know which direction they want to go. He is costing himself alot of money right now by proving to everyone that he doesn't really have a clue about how to really coach football.
Alabama and Florida in the SEC Championship game.....The teams in the SEC are beating each other up and hopefully the SEC does not drop too far in the rankings so we can have another National Champion.
FBALL Wrote:Georgia and Alabama meet in a rematch in the SEC championship game.

Most underrated - Vanderbilt and Kentucky

Most overrated - Auburn by far -There are highschool teams that have a better offense than that. I think Tony Franklin needs to go back to selling that gimicky offense to highschool coaches that don't know which direction they want to go. He is costing himself alot of money right now by proving to everyone that he doesn't really have a clue about how to really coach football.

I agree.

Best: Alabama
Surprising: Vanderbilt

Georgia vs. Alabama (SEC Championship)
i think bama will win the sec
Georgia is too overated...they will fall soon enough. Vandy, LSU and Kentucky had them the big L on their record.