Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: UK vs. WKU - Game Breakdown and Poll
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This Saturday at 7:00 PM UK will take on WKU in an attempt to start the season 4-0.

After a near-loss 2 weeks ago against Middle Tennessee, how do you think the Wildcats are going to handle this game?

IMO, UK will come in ready for this game. After an almost embarrassing game against MT, I think UK will be prepared and have their heads straight. However, if UK wins I can see them getting big heads (especially if a top 25 ranking is achieved). This could hurt UK going into the Alabama game.

Here is a breakdown of the teams:

UK:

Record - 3-0
Points For - 85
Points Against - 19

WKU:
Record - 2-2 (losses against Indiana and Alabama)
Points For - 107
Points Against - 94

WKU has a few key players out, but so does UK. I think this game can be an easy win for UK if we come in better prepared than we did against Middle Tennessee.

Here is my warning for UK: Humility. Do not get big heads coming into this game or after winning this game. Keep the underdog mentality and you will fare much better throughout the season.

I predict:

UK - 27
WKU - 10
UK-28
WKU-17
I see this game being closer than everyone predicts, WKU has a decent program running. KJ Black is a productive QB so is Wolke.

UK-28
WKU-21
Uk-35
Wku-14
Spartan4Life Wrote:I see this game being closer than everyone predicts, WKU has a decent program running. KJ Black is a productive QB so is Wolke.

UK-28
WKU-21

Black has been out with a shoulder injury the last two games. I think he's going to be a bit shaky to start things off and if UK's defense hits them in the mouth hard enough to start the game he might not get things going.
uk-42
wku-7
Uk 38
Wku 14
Westerns offense might not score this game. Micah Johnson and Ricky Lumpkin are out but the younger guys will step in and play very well (Ronnie Snead should see some time at Mike...he will be an impressive player down the line).
The offense will look better as Joker opens up the playbook a little bit and let's Hartline make some throws. I predict a big time blowout, soimething like 42-0 or 42-7.
31-24 uk wins
This is a game that makes Kentucky wish it was someone ranked. The Defense is way to strong with even the loss of a couple players. Uk wins this huge!
45-10
Western is still in the "transition phase" or their move to I-A football. They have blown out two I-AA teams, and were torched by Alabama (no shame in that). However, they were also blown out by Indiana, the same Indiana who just lost to Ball State by 22 points. So I feel that if Indiana had their way with WKU, then Kentucky should have no problem whatsoever.

One other thing: Rich Brooks keeps saying that Micah Johnson and Ricky Lumpkin are doubtful for this game, but stops short of saying they're out. Hey Coach, we don't need them this Saturday! Give them another week off to heal those ankles so we have them at full strength for Alabama!

As for this week's game, UK wins again with the defense leading the way:

Kentucky 31
WKU 6
UK 31
WKU 10

Has anyone heard any updates on Micah Johnson? Last I heard he was questionable for WKU.
Wky 27
Uk 24
Coach_Owens87 Wrote:UK 31
WKU 10

Has anyone heard any updates on Micah Johnson? Last I heard he was questionable for WKU.

Micah will likely be out for another 2 weeks. We will be lucky to have him or Lumpkin against the Crimson Tide next Saturday. Cobb will be out for atleast 6 more weeks also.
cj2561 Wrote:Wky 27
Uk 24

Care to elaborate on why you think UK will lose to a team that got beat by 18 points at Indiana?
Defense will step up huge without Lumpkin and Johnson. Plus Hartline will have another impressive performance for the Cats.

UK- 34
WKU- 10
More Cowbell Wrote:Care to elaborate on why you think UK will lose to a team that got beat by 18 points at Indiana?

Because UK is about the same as WKY. WKY will come to play like MTSU did, but this time UK will lose....
cj2561 Wrote:Because UK is about the same as WKY. WKY will come to play like MTSU did, but this time UK will lose....

Middle Tennessee beat Maryland a few weeks ago who in turn, beat then #23 ranked California. Western is still in the process of being a D-1 school and are taking their hard knockes. They probably will be prepared to play like Middle Tennesse did, but they probably won't.
cj2561 Wrote:Because UK is about the same as WKY. WKY will come to play like MTSU did, but this time UK will lose....

That statement makes no sense at all. How in the world do you get that UK is about the same as WKU? Let's compare the two...

Kentucky = has not only been a member of Division I-A for decades, but is also a member of the SEC, the best football conference in the country

WKU = is in the second year of a transition from I-AA to I-A, and is set to join the least-regarded conference in the division, the Sun Belt

Kentucky = has played in bowl games the last two years, beating traditional powers Clemson and Florida State

WKU = doesn't know what a bowl game is

Kentucky = currently sits at 3-0, including a 25-point win over a Louisville team that just knocked off Kansas State

WKU = currently sits at 2-2, including an 18-point loss to an Indiana team that just got blown out by Ball State

I could go on, but it's really not necessary. It's obvious that there is no comparison between the two. So, please, if you have any evidence to back up your claim that "UK is about the same as WKU", I'd love to see it.
More Cowbell Wrote:That statement makes no sense at all. How in the world do you get that UK is about the same as WKU? Let's compare the two...

Kentucky = has not only been a member of Division I-A for decades, but is also a member of the SEC, the best football conference in the country

WKU = is in the second year of a transition from I-AA to I-A, and is set to join the least-regarded conference in the division, the Sun Belt

Kentucky = has played in bowl games the last two years, beating traditional powers Clemson and Florida State

WKU = doesn't know what a bowl game is

Kentucky = currently sits at 3-0, including a 25-point win over a Louisville team that just knocked off Kansas State

WKU = currently sits at 2-2, including an 18-point loss to an Indiana team that just got blown out by Ball State

I could go on, but it's really not necessary. It's obvious that there is no comparison between the two. So, please, if you have any evidence to back up your claim that "UK is about the same as WKU", I'd love to see it.

MC, I don't think there is any evidence. I think it's just a UK-hater trying to find an excuse.
UK been a D-1 school 4 how long, and UK still BLOW!!!!!
cj2561 Wrote:UK been a D-1 school 4 how long, and UK still BLOW!!!!!

Kentucky plays in the SEC; Western will play in the Sun Belt Conference, which is, of course, world wide recognized as a mecca of college football. I don't think you are being serious.

You got that right man!!! UK does suck. I mean, being undefeated, back to back Music City Bowl champs, beat #1 LSwho last year (the future nat'l champs), and beat U of L the past 2 seasons. Man UK is not any good!!

The fact that you cannot back up anything you say and you're not using correct grammar isn't helping your case.
UK in a big way
bluegrassballa Wrote:You got that right man!!! UK does suck. I mean, being undefeated, back to back Music City Bowl champs, beat #1 LSwho last year (the future nat'l champs), and beat U of L the past 2 seasons. Man UK is not any good!!
:lmao:
UK runs it for 4-0 going into play Alabama
i got Uk winning by 3 TDs 35-14.
GO CATS!!!!!Big Grin
Uk-38
Wku-13
U.K.35-w.k.u.14 knockout little brother!!!
Pages: 1 2