Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: RMS Seventh Grade Will They Get To Play Enitre Game????
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am just wondering the seventh grade team will ever get to play an entire game????? We have now had to stop playing 2 games due to NO LIGHT! I realize that the school can do nothing about it getting dark earlier, but we do have a field with lights across the street. I also realize that the 8th grade boys have paid their dues, but I also realize that the seventh grade parents pay the same amount of money to get into the games as the 8th grade parents, we seem to pay for a partial game however. Our boys are frustrated and I really can't blame them. They were playing last night until it was so dark even the kids couldn't tell who had the ball. I am also pretty sure that the parents of the seventh grade team paid the same 25.00 for our kids to play, we would like to get the opportunity to watch them play an entire game!!!!!:devilflam
I think I would address it with the school board if it is a school 7th grade team. Maybe they can work with you all on fund raisers and match any money that you all make. Find out when your next county board meeting is and go for it!!
The school has nothing to do with it. It is under control of the Russell JFL. Right now not being able to finish games due to darkness is the least of my worries. Keeping kids in football and teaching them the right way to play are.

There are some things that have to change.
Lights are being looked at right now for the JFL field. Good points and drawbacks.
Other than Raceland we are the only local JFL program to have their own field. Yes we do not have lights but that has been addressed for some time.
$115,000 to put them in and then we can play 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
I do know that the JFL has a been working on a grant for some of the money for this project. This is a LARGE project from a non-profit organization. It works the same as in middle school and high school. The school can not give us money for the project becasue we are not associated with the school. So the money has to be raised, donated or lent to the JFL program. Any money donated to the JFL for lights will solely go toward this system. MUSCO has been here 3 times, or spoken to league members about lights and a REP was here 2 weeks ago for the final assessment on the field and gave the estimate. $115,000...
I dont see anyone standing in line to give us money and until that happens we will have to do with what we got. It sucks to not get games in, I have had that happen to.
So if anyone out there has some extra monay around for lights or would like to donate to a non profit organization for the purpose of furthering the program of Russell and other local football teams please feel free to contact the JFL at Russell. We will gladly use any money toward the lights and I am sure that if someone had a large enough donation ....They would receive naming rights to something on that property.