Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Russell vs Verity(Ashland) 7th and 8th grade.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
8th Grade
Verity 22
Russell 16

7th Grade
Verity 44
Russell 8

7th grade game called in the 3rd quarter due to darkness.
Man, I thought Russell's th and 8th grade teams were supposed to be really good. Of course playing Verity it wouldn't surprise me if there were a couple of 15 and 16yr olds on either one of their teams.

My freshman team @ Ashland had 3 17yr olds and 1 18yr old. Not to count how many 15 and 16's.
Verity's 7th grade team was very good. I was told by some of the Ashland fans that Russell was the first team to score against them.

Also there is a big difference between having talent and being really good.
Both programs have a lot of tradition, I've seen both schools play. Both have good 8th grade teams and the seventh grade just out mans everybody with size and talent,. I've seen them do things you don't see out of middle school teams or even freshman teams for the most part.
Beetle01 Wrote:Man, I thought Russell's th and 8th grade teams were supposed to be really good. Of course playing Verity it wouldn't surprise me if there were a couple of 15 and 16yr olds on either one of their teams.

My freshman team @ Ashland had 3 17yr olds and 1 18yr old. Not to count how many 15 and 16's.

Beetle01,

Your comments are born out of either ignorance or falsehood. I can assure you that Ashland NEVER plays older kids down at any level, especially middle school. Along with Russell, Ashland is one of the few area programs that can make that claim. Ashland has taken numerous beatings over the years from schools that played inappropriate grade/age level players. It is a discraceful slap in the face to the players of Ashland Verity's 7th and 8th grade teams to insinuate that they are not grade or age appropriate. The 8th grade team went 9-1 last year as 7th graders. It's lone loss was 6-14 at Ironton. The 8th grade team is still winning games despite losing key starters from last year's team (Quarterback, Halfback, Lineman). Last year's 7th grade game against Russell had Ashland winning 40-0, so it is hard to believe the shock that they actually won the rematch this year as 8th graders. On the other hand, this year's 7th grade team is a very talented group that seems to be headed for an undefeated season. All of those players are age/grade appropriate.

Ashland has a cycle of talent that is full of highs and lows. Currently, the talent level is riding high. Ashland only uses legitimate players and will continue that policy when the talent level is low. In the future, please apply intelligence and truth to your posts, as these dispraging comments are disrespectful and hurtful to players, coaches, and parents who have worked so hard to be successful.

Thank you,

Squints