Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Shelby Valley Bowl?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Anyone have any information about this? Is is still on, does anyone have the schedule?
Touchdown,
Not sure if it's still on or not. I talked to one of the coaches for LCC and they said they were supposed to play a 7th and a 8th grade game. Not sure who they were going to play, have you heard it's not going to happen this year? Not sure who the 8th grade team is supposed to play but the 7th is supposed to play Johnson Central's 7th grade team.
Is this the Operation unite Bowl????
Look for the link...
No this is the Coca Cola bowl at Shelby Valley.
OH OKAY!!!
Yea I guess it is still on. We plan on attending the game. I thik we play New Harlan County in that one....
I can forsee a real game of it. Each team has one loss and from what I hear about NHC they are really fundamentally sound and have a great team.......
I need information on the Coca Cola Bowl at Shelby Valley.
TOUCHDOWN Wrote:I need information on the Coca Cola Bowl at Shelby Valley.

call coach Sanders at the high school
11:00 Pikeville vs Sebastian
12:30 Valley vs Whitesburg
2:00 Johnson Central 7thvs Whitesburg 7th
3:30 Hurley vs Jenkins

5:00 Valley vs Pound

THis is the schedule I got today.
What day is this???
Coaches here is the schedule for the 5th and 6th grade bowl on Sept 27th please let me know if this is ok. Thanks
10;00 Johns Creek vs Whitesburg
11:00 Belfry vs Russell
12:00 Harlan vs Whitesburg
1:00 Harlan vs Valley
2:00 Harlan vs Valley 7th and 8th grade
3:30 Mullins vs Belfry 5th
On the games listed above, Whitesburg should now be listed as Letcher County Central. I think these games were scheduled before our consolidation took place. Not a big deal, just didn't want to confuse anyone.
:rockon:
CougarBabe Wrote:On the games listed above, Whitesburg should now be listed as Letcher County Central. I think these games were scheduled before our consolidation took place. Not a big deal, just didn't want to confuse anyone.
Shelby Valley 5th/6th Coca-Cola Bowl finalized Schedule

10:00 Johns Crk. v Letcher Co. Cent.
11:00 Belfry v Russell
12:00 Harlan v Letecher Co. Cent.
1:00 Harlan v Shelby Valley
2:00 Harlan's 7th/8th v Shelby Valley 7th/8th
3:30 Mullins v Belfry's 5th
4:30 Adams vs Shelby Valley's 5th/6th
DEVILOLOGIST Wrote:
Coaches here is the schedule for the 5th and 6th grade bowl on Sept 27th please let me know if this is ok. Thanks
10;00 Johns Creek vs Whitesburg
11:00 Belfry vs Russell
12:00 Harlan vs Whitesburg
1:00 Harlan vs Valley
2:00 Harlan vs Valley 7th and 8th grade
3:30 Mullins vs Belfry 5th

Does Russel play Belfry 5th or 6th grade team?
I think we play the 6th grade team.... Thats what I have heard.....Why would we play their 5th grade team????.. Just wondering.......
the 5th is almost as good as the 6th.
LCC beat Shelby Valley 40-12 the 7th grade got beat by Johnson Central 28-14.
cougar qb #1 Wrote:LCC beat Shelby Valley 40-12 the 7th grade got beat by Johnson Central 28-14.

Was this 8th and 7th grade games??
Shelby valley and letcher was 8th. Johnson and Letcher was 7th
thanks
LCC won big.
Once again neighbors, Whitesburg's Orange & Black has been laid to rest. We all now bleed BLACK/BLUE over here in Letcher County. Our Baby Cougars now go by the name of LCC Junior High. No more county rivalry's in this county, I for one was glad to see the NEON/W'burg rivalry buried for good, nothing good can come from a heated county rivalry when you expect the boys to play as a unit at the next level.
Leaving forthe Shelby valley Bowl...... LOook for the Yellow DEVILS hat if you want to meet me today, we play at 11am.
I just wanted to say we had a great time today and would love to play someother teams from down state.... The people were nice to us today and our kids had a great time. They loved the atmosphere and playing on turf,,,,, Some have never seen turf close up so today was eye opening...... Thanks again for the game....
How'd everybody do?
Russell beat Belfry 20-0.
Held them to 30 yards of offense.. THe starters for Russell held Belfry to minus 10 yards for the entire game... The second team offense came in, in the 3rd quarter and after fumbling, moved the ball agaisnt Belfry.... The first team offfense had over 250 yards of ball control offense.. Connor Messer had 12 carries for 120 yards, 2 TD's, Brawny Korzep had 10 carries for 95 yards, Bobby May had a TD pass to Garion Robinson to cap off the TDs, May threw an XP pass to Maverick Dixon to make it 20. Logan Suman also ran in an XP but for some reason the ref said he never crossed the line.. After watching the film and seeing Suman lying in the endzone, I failed to understand that one...... ANYWAY !!
Messer was named MVP of the game from the Russell team.... I got to see Johns Creek play, Letcher County Central and Harlan Independent.... I guess our communications were crossed with Harlan Independent,, we are not playin ghtis year so that wil leave a Saturday October 11th open for anyone who wishes to come to Russell and play that day...... If anyone has alot of kids I can even arrange 2 games so that everyone gets to play. I had 20 kids today as some did not want to drive.. But I will see what I can do...
Anyway.... I would like to say thanks again to the Shelby Valley people for having us down there.. we had a great time....
Sounds like your team had another impressive showing. How'd the other games turn out?
Our tiny cougars (5th/6th) grade went over and beat Johns Creek and Harlan Ind. today, it was good day in general because the Big Boy Cougars (8th graders) beat Pikeville 45-0. This game got ugly quick and the starters had to be pulled in the 2nd qtr. Coach Howard played an offensive guard at fullback and two WR's at the tailback position for 2 and half QT's today. They looked good and played really hard.
what was the scores of lcc 5th/6th grade gaames today
alot of good games played today at the valley

1st game lcc won big against johns creek do not rember score
2nd game russell won and looked very impressive against a good belfry team
3rd game lcc beat harlan ind. in a close hard fought defensive battle 10-0
4th game 8th grade valley got beat by harlan ind.
5th game 7th grade b team game harln ind. beat sv 20 -12
6th game belfry 5th beat mullins 6th and 5th in a good hard fought game I think 20-0 but i am not possitive
7th game 6th sv beat adams in a thriller 12-8 super good game most exciting of the day

7th game
Pages: 1 2