Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: AP Top 25
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
1. USC 2-0
2. Oklahoma 3-0
3. Georgia 3-0
4. Florida 2-0
5. Missouri 3-0
6. LSU- 2-0
7. Texas 2-0
8. Wisconsin 3-0
9. Alabama 3-0
10. Auburn 3-0
11. Texas Tech 3-0
12. South Florida 3-0
13. Ohio State 2-1
14. Brigham Young 3-0
15. East Carolina 3-0
16. Penn State 3-0
17. Oregon 3-0
18. Wake Forest 2-0
19. Kansas 2-1
20. Utah 3-0
21. West Virginia 1-1
22. Illinois 2-1
23. Clemson 2-1
24. Florida State 2-0
25. Fresno State 2-1

Other Receiving VotesVanderbilt 63, Oklahoma State 62, TCU 45, Boise State 38, Arizona State 36, North Carolina 31, Virginia Tech 28, Nebraska 21, Tennessee 15, Connecticut 13, Iowa 12, Kentucky 6, Tulsa 6, Northwestern 4, Notre Dame 4, Minnesota 4, Arizona 2, UCF 1, Ball State 1, South Carolina 1.
its rough seeing Vandy above us
Vandy has been more impressive so far.
I want to say this what a bunch of crap! USC is a joke and Georgia dropped again. I say this USC and OKLAHOMA come to South Carolina see how you do.
rallo316 Wrote:I want to say this what a bunch of crap! USC is a joke and Georgia dropped again. I say this USC and OKLAHOMA come to South Carolina see how you do.

I don't know about that. Southern Cal is very, very good this year. Georgia has a good team but Matthew Stafford is overrated. Moreno & UGA's defense is very talented but Stafford won't take the Bulldogs anywhere with his arm and it showed yesterday at South Carolina.
5 SEC schools in the top 10!
BlackcatAlum Wrote:I don't know about that. Southern Cal is very, very good this year. Georgia has a good team but Matthew Stafford is overrated. Moreno & UGA's defense is very talented but Stafford won't take the Bulldogs anywhere with his arm and it showed yesterday at South Carolina.

IMO I dont think that Stafford is overrated. I think that he has a very strong arm and he is not a fast runner but a smart runner. People on ESPN says that he is one of the best QBs in the nation. If I was a coach I wouldnt mind having him run my team.
rallo316 Wrote:I want to say this what a bunch of crap! USC is a joke and Georgia dropped again. I say this USC and OKLAHOMA come to South Carolina see how you do.
USC is the real deal... USC and Oklahoma wouldnt have a problem with South Carolina
maybe not South Carolina (a second tier SEC team), but they would get it handed to them by Florida, Georgia OR LSU..5 SEC teams in the top 10 is not biased, its factual; The SEC is BY FAR, the toughest conference in America. From 1-12, there isnt a team to overlook. And the lower tier teams could still win or place in the top 2 or 3 in most conferences. Vandy could possibly win the Big East, place in the top half of the Big 12 and Big 10..its just sickening..but its more sickening that USC and Oklahoma passes Georgia for winning ON THE ROAD. Bring them on at the end of the year. Let USC play Georgia or whoever wins the SEC, and let them feel Ohio States pain. They beat a severely overrated OSU team yeah, but Ohio State is a 7-5 SEC team. No more than that.
TidesHoss32 Wrote:maybe not South Carolina (a second tier SEC team), but they would get it handed to them by Florida, Georgia OR LSU..5 SEC teams in the top 10 is not biased, its factual; The SEC is BY FAR, the toughest conference in America. From 1-12, there isnt a team to overlook. And the lower tier teams could still win or place in the top 2 or 3 in most conferences. Vandy could possibly win the Big East, place in the top half of the Big 12 and Big 10..its just sickening..but its more sickening that USC and Oklahoma passes Georgia for winning ON THE ROAD. Bring them on at the end of the year. Let USC play Georgia or whoever wins the SEC, and let them feel Ohio States pain. They beat a severely overrated OSU team yeah, but Ohio State is a 7-5 SEC team. No more than that.

Very nicely said!! Agree with you 100%!!!
Stafford just misses too many wide open recievers, UGA could have won by 21 if he could read defenses at all. He will improve though.

Did UK drop votes for winning against MTSU, a team that stomped Maryland hwo just crushed a ranked team?

I'm not saying that UK is a top 25 team, but I see some teams on there I think it would be very close, even though UK struggles on the O side of the ball.
TidesHoss32 Wrote:maybe not South Carolina (a second tier SEC team), but they would get it handed to them by Florida, Georgia OR LSU..5 SEC teams in the top 10 is not biased, its factual; The SEC is BY FAR, the toughest conference in America. From 1-12, there isnt a team to overlook. And the lower tier teams could still win or place in the top 2 or 3 in most conferences. Vandy could possibly win the Big East, place in the top half of the Big 12 and Big 10..its just sickening..but its more sickening that USC and Oklahoma passes Georgia for winning ON THE ROAD. Bring them on at the end of the year. Let USC play Georgia or whoever wins the SEC, and let them feel Ohio States pain. They beat a severely overrated OSU team yeah, but Ohio State is a 7-5 SEC team. No more than that.

Good post.

Like you said, the SEC is just a beast this year, what with 5 teams in the AP top 10. Then you have strong teams like Tennessee, South Carolina, Kentucky, Vanderbilt, and Ole Miss that will likely be bowl-bound this year as well.
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:5 SEC schools in the top 10!

Said that was the first time it has ever happened.