Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: LCC vs Perry Co Junior High game???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How about those predictions? Let's all give reasons not just scores.

I say Perry by 2 TD's in this one. LCC can win this game but not like they played against Johnson Central last Thursday night. I still say that unless someone steps up and replaces Sergent as the leader of this team they may not win 6 games this year and they already have 3 wins. It will be a big game and Perry is jacked up because of the win by their high school Friday night against the big boy Cougars. This game should have been much more hyped but with the loss to Johnson Central some of the luster of the match-up is gone.

Let's hear those predictions boys and girls.
I believe that this will be a tough game. I think the Cougars will win by a TD. They are hungry for a win after coming off two losses. Plus the boys on the team from Whitesburg Middle want to settle things up from their championship loss last season.

GO COUGARS!!!!!!! :Wave:
I am going to take Perry Central 36-14. I think the Cougars may not recuperate from the loss of a true leader. This may have a drastic effect on them for the rest of the season. I just don't think they have the coaching staff too bring them out of it effectively. Remember just my opinion.
I think this will be a great game, with the Commodores edging out the Cougars.

Perry Middle 22
Letcher Middle 16
Leonardo,
You may be right about the coaches not being able to bring the back. I think they need to try to find a leader on that team to somehow get everyone back on the same page. I've followed this team and I can't think of any players that can step up as a leader at this point. I guess they have to challenge them and see if one steps up. Not sure if you meant it as a jab at the coaches or not so I will not comment on the later part of your post. Those boys have lead there team to some pretty good seasons and they pulled 12 wins out last year when they lost the best 8th grader in the mountains in Logan Johnson so I guess time will only tell if they can find one this year.
agreed
Don't give up on the Letcher team just yet! Those boys can play some football, they just gotta get their heads on right. No good team is built around one player. I suspect that Letcher may have lost their glue but will find it soon enough. What number was the Sergent kid?
Sergent was #43, the RB/MLB that played so well. He was the kid that went down on the last play of the game. He was their captain last year as a 7th grader and walked the talk, that's why the other kids followed him into the flames if he called for it. I think your right though, the coaches will hopefully work this week on finding that leader and if one steps up they will be alright. How has New Harlan done since our game? I saw that they beat Leslie the other night pretty well.
Lambert 1 and Leonardo,
I don't think that you are giving the Cougar team enough credit. I agree with Mama Bear that one person doesn't make a team. I will agree that Sam is one heck of a leader both on and off the field. BUT, new leaders will emerge, just give it a little time.
I hope so Cougar Babe. However, there isn't much time to get it together. This team has a rigorous schedule. Yes they can do it. Unlike Lambert I do believe there are several players that can step up and take leadership roles, but the question is will they do it. Lots of talent on that team and one kid is just a small part . I will say this they have some gutsy kids indeed. Many of those played on last years Whitesburg club in which I think had more guts than anyother MiddleSchool program I have ever seen. Lets keep our fingers crossed that not only one kid will step up, but several. If they can do this before Thursday my earlier prediction on the game will cause me to eat crow no doubt. Because if they play team ball like usual then Perry County could be in some deep trouble. I guess we will see.
Lcc Big In This One
:rockon: :ChairHit:
Leonardo Wrote:I am going to take Perry Central 36-14. I think the Cougars may not recuperate from the loss of a true leader. This may have a drastic effect on them for the rest of the season. I just don't think they have the coaching staff too bring them out of it effectively. Remember just my opinion.

:confused: :devilflam
Leonardo,
You don't read close enough into other peoples posts. If you would scroll up my friend you will find in my fourth sentence that I state that "I think your right though, the coaches will work this week on finding that leader and if one steps up they will alright" . I am not a negative person just a realistic one. The last game was an embarrassment and I think the Cougars would tell you that if you could ask them. They know they can play much better ball and understand themselves that they must step up and take control like they did earlier, I know it can be done but it takes the kids believing in themselves to do so. If not it will be a long season for them and this is all that I have been saying.
Leonardo Wrote:I am going to take Perry Central 36-14. I think the Cougars may not recuperate from the loss of a true leader. This may have a drastic effect on them for the rest of the season. I just don't think they have the coaching staff too bring them out of it effectively. Remember just my opinion.

Don't think they have the coaching staff? Take a look at our "coaching staff's" record and statistics. Then tell me we don't have the coaching staff. And as the leaders are concerned, we have several 8th grade boys on that team that are capable of leading the team. A few that stand out to me are Caleb Baker, Rusty Lewis, and Cody Conn.
Amen, Letcher Central 23. I think our coaching staff is more than capable of making the needed adjustments after Sam's injury. Our coaching staff was able to bring 6 different schools together at the end of July and pull off a huge win against Clark Co. about 3 weeks later. So in my opinion they seem to know just a little about motivating kids and playing football. As for kids stepping up, it will happen, just give them a chance.:coach:
Lambert,

Sorry my "friend" I didn't read it that way the first time. My fault.
LetcherCentral23 Wrote:Don't think they have the coaching staff? Take a look at our "coaching staff's" record and statistics. Then tell me we don't have the coaching staff. And as the leaders are concerned, we have several 8th grade boys on that team that are capable of leading the team. A few that stand out to me are Caleb Baker, Rusty Lewis, and Cody Conn.

And a few others that stand out to me Grant Horn, Trevor Napier, Chris Tyree and Dalton Taylor.
How about that. Coach Howard did find a leader, not only one but several they all stepped up tonight against Perry Central and won the game 20-6. Looked like the Cougars of old, I can say with the most confidence that they are back. I guess Leonard you were a little wrong, the coaches did pull them out of it and stepped up in a big way tonight and led those boys to a big win.

Leonardo, I like you a lot, your not afraid to speak your mind and say the controversial things that a lot of people stay away from. Even when you don't agree with me you have good points and I can appreciate that.
How 'bout them COUGARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Big win tonight. If I'm not mistaken Perry Co. was undefeated going into this one. Great to see the Cougars back on top of their game.

Great job team and coaches.:ilikeit:
Well last night was an awful game. Perry had no chance on us, coming in to our house. We won 20-6, but they would not have scored if we hadn't put our seventh grade in in the fourth quarter. They kept their starters in on offense and we still almost stopped them.
Congrats to the Cougars. Glad to hear they are back on track. Good teams will always overcome adversity!
lcc 20 pc 6

Our coaching staff is the best there is. And we do miss our leader but he is with us no matter what. We pulled off another win when alot of people didn't
think we would. We do have alot of talent on the team ,
Thanks Lambert. You are correct I was wrong about several things. And like I said I will eat crow and enjoy every minute of it. Yes the coaching staff did a woderful job indeed. One thing I was very correct about though. Several players must step up and they truly did. I am not even from Letcher County, but I fell in love with this team when they played Harlan County. They play team ball and a team does never relies on one player. However, 50% of success in football is mentally and I was afraid Letcher may fall prey to this. It truly happened to them in the JC game, but thanks goodness they appear to of recuperated. This is truly an amazing team. Now they must continue to go all out. Go COUGARS.........
Cougars Has Got It Back On Track.
The Cougars
Good job Dalton tTaylor#20 and Cody Conn#5
The Cougars dominated.