Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Kentucky 20 - MTSU 14
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Final score.

GO CATS!
Crazy game.

Unbelievable last second play!
Almost snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

You think coach Brooks may have their attention in practice this week.
Almost a remake of LSU a few years back, lucky to get out of Commonwealth with a win.
Holy Crap!

That would have been the worst possible way to lose...

And I ought to know, I was there for the LSU debacle a few years ago!
More Cowbell Wrote:Holy Crap!

that had to be a terrible trip home from commonwealth.
That was crazy, all you had to do was run a play at the end and the game is over. None the less the Wildcats hang on and Cobb has 2 weeks to heal and I hope to goodness we dont have to watch Hartline run the offense the rest of the year.
More Cowbell Wrote:Holy Crap!

I was there as well standing 10 feet from the guy when he crossed the goal line, I even made the front page of the Lexington Herald, and I must say that was a very long ride home.
Tubby Hater Wrote:That was crazy, all you had to do was run a play at the end and the game is over. None the less the Wildcats hang on and Cobb has 2 weeks to heal and I hope to goodness we dont have to watch Hartline run the offense the rest of the year.

Yeah, 254 yards with a couple of TD's and no turnovers (none through 3 games) is pretty awful to watch. Especially when the receivers have dropped about 12 open passes from him this year. He's doing fine.
alfus21 Wrote:Yeah, 254 yards with a couple of TD's and no turnovers (none through 3 games) is pretty awful to watch. Especially when the receivers have dropped about 12 open passes from him this year. He's doing fine.

Check your stats he dropped the ball dropping back for a pass and turned it over tonight when we were driving for a score, and I dont care what anyone wants to say this team cannot score consistently with Hartline running the offense.
We lived inside MTSU territory the whole 2nd half tonight and just could not put points on the board.
Tubby Hater Wrote:Check your stats he dropped the ball dropping back for a pass and turned it over tonight when we were driving for a score, and I dont care what anyone wants to say this team cannot score consistently with Hartline running the offense.

Yeah that is right, but I'll tell you this much. Check your stats Tubby Hater. Last I checked we're 3-0 and Hartline is doing a fine job and 3-0 is the only stat I could give a crap about at this point.

Either get behind him or jump ship because he's the QB and until he actually screws up he will continue to be the QB. I'm sure Cobb and him will split time this season but Hartline has done a great job in his first season as QB after losing 3 of the top receivers and filling in for a QB like Woodson.
Tubby Hater Wrote:We lived inside MTSU territory the whole 2nd half tonight and just could not put points on the board.
Dropped passes and missed play calls by the inexperienced recievers had alot to do with that. Mike Hartline is not a bad QB.
Tubby Hater Wrote:We lived inside MTSU territory the whole 2nd half tonight and just could not put points on the board.

That might have something to do with 4 missed FG's.

I'd like to have seen some touchdowns too, but this team is expected to go through growing pains after being hurt like they were to graduation. MTSU is no pushover and they stepped up. UK wasn't prepared as a whole for this game and until we can get a consistent ground game going you're not going to be able to spread the field and pass it.

UK ran as a team for a 2.9 yards per carry average. It's hard to open up the field and spread it around when there is no rushing attack.

Hartline put us there several times, but he wasn't the only one that couldn't finish. The whole team struggled in the Red Zone including the RB's, WR's, and the O-line was just letting MTSU run right in there.

We won, and Brooks isn't going to be happy about it but for now I am. They have a week off to work on WKU and I'm sure they'll figure some things out. Until then I'm not going to sit around complain about a win.
alfus21 Wrote:Yeah that is right, but I'll tell you this much. Check your stats Tubby Hater. Last I checked we're 3-0 and Hartline is doing a fine job and 3-0 is the only stat I could give a crap about at this point.

Either get behind him or jump ship because he's the QB and until he actually screws up he will continue to be the QB. I'm sure Cobb and him will split time this season but Hartline has done a great job in his first season as QB after losing 3 of the top receivers and filling in for a QB like Woodson.

I have been a season ticket holder for 15 years, I couldnt make tonights game, but will always be behind the Cats and Brooks is the best thing that has ever happened to this program. The QBs will more than likely continue to split time but you just set back and watch Cobb move on past Hartline as the season goes on because he can make things happen. Cobb can make things happen and has a strong arm, Hartline cant scramble and doesnt make the defense respect him as a scrambler and he struggles with anything down the field. Joker was forced to go to a short passing game tonight to acomodate Hartline and we still struggled to put points on the board.
alfus21 Wrote:That might have something to do with 4 missed FG's.

I'd like to have seen some touchdowns too, but this team is expected to go through growing pains after being hurt like they were to graduation. MTSU is no pushover and they stepped up. UK wasn't prepared as a whole for this game and until we can get a consistent ground game going you're not going to be able to spread the field and pass it.

UK ran as a team for a 2.9 yards per carry average. It's hard to open up the field and spread it around when there is no rushing attack.

Hartline put us there several times, but he wasn't the only one that couldn't finish. The whole team struggled in the Red Zone including the RB's, WR's, and the O-line was just letting MTSU run right in there.

We won, and Brooks isn't going to be happy about it but for now I am. They have a week off to work on WKU and I'm sure they'll figure some things out. Until then I'm not going to sit around complain about a win.

I agree the kicking situation is horrible and we must make some changes there, if you hit those field goals you win easily tonight.
Tubby Hater Wrote:I have been a season ticket holder for 15 years, I couldnt make tonights game, but will always be behind the Cats and Brooks is the best thing that has ever happened to this program. The QBs will more than likely continue to split time but you just set back and watch Cobb move on past Hartline as the season goes on because he can make things happen. Cobb can make things happen and has a strong arm, Hartline cant scramble and doesnt make the defense respect him as a scrambler and he struggles with anything down the field. Joker was forced to go to a short passing game tonight to acomodate Hartline and we still struggled to put points on the board.

It's going to be an interesting year, let's just agree on that Big Grin Be interesting to see how it plays out.
What is wrong with a 2 QB system?

It worked for Florida and LSU the last two National Champions!!!

Hartline and Cobb can and will take UK a long way this season. This year could be the best UK has had in a long time.

Go Cats!!
RedRaiderNation Wrote:. This year could be the best UK has had in a long time.

:eek: I love that we're 3-0 but come on man. We just squeaked by a Sun Belt team by 1 yard. We haven't beaten anybody, and we have honestly yet to look that impressive in my opinion.

I'm just saying don't get your hopes up going into SEC play if you honestly believe this could be the best year UK has had in a long time.
The main goal of this program is getting over the hump and by that I mean going to 3 staright Bowl games. With a win over WKU we will have 4 wins and only needed 2 more to be bowl eligible and I think we can get atleast 3 wins in the conference.
Tubby Hater Wrote:Check your stats he dropped the ball dropping back for a pass and turned it over tonight when we were driving for a score, and I dont care what anyone wants to say this team cannot score consistently with Hartline running the offense.
Ever thought of changing your name to "Hartline Hater"?
A win is a win is a win...MTSU is no joke people..We beat a solid football team tonight and have done what we have needed to do so far..3-0 is not too much to complain about!
Hartline look real good tonight so do not blame him. If anyone is to blame its Lones Seiber for missing 3 kicks which should of put the game out of reach.
UK played horrible tonite. Too many dropped balls on passes, couldn't cover anyone, no pressure from the front four. Then you have 2 blocked FG's and one that was way off. We are going to have to get it together if we want to win against etter teams.
Middle Tennessee is a solid team. ESPN said before the season started that they(MTSU) were no pushover. They went to Maryland and beat them and Maryland beat Cal today.

When is everyone going to see that College Football has more parody that ever before.
UK is 3-0 and who cares by how many you win by, you win. UK is a school that is still learning to win games.
Isn't it funny how we have become so picky about our wins...Used to be that we would be going crazy about being 3-0, now it's like we are so critical even when we win...I think Hartline is doing a good job, but I believe he is limited in what he can do, whereas Cobb is a thrill to watch athletically, but he is a freshman and the playbook is limited and his playmaking will be erratic...In other words, you will have to put up with his mistakes and successes (but oh what pretty succeses they are and will be.)...The kicking sucked...On the final, almost fateful FG, did you see how long it to Lones to approach the ball, and the blocking on the left side of the line on the outside was terrible...but instead of a loss we have a victory, and when you look at the way to bowlville, the record is all that counts...Lay off Tubby Hater, you might hurt his feelings, but at least his Blackcats and Rebels are doing good.
bucslover68 Wrote:Isn't it funny how we have become so picky about our wins...Used to be that we would be going crazy about being 3-0, now it's like we are so critical even when we win...I think Hartline is doing a good job, but I believe he is limited in what he can do, whereas Cobb is a thrill to watch athletically, but he is a freshman and the playbook is limited and his playmaking will be erratic...In other words, you will have to put up with his mistakes and successes (but oh what pretty succeses they are and will be.)...The kicking sucked...On the final, almost fateful FG, did you see how long it to Lones to approach the ball, and the blocking on the left side of the line on the outside was terrible...but instead of a loss we have a victory, and when you look at the way to bowlville, the record is all that counts...Lay off Tubby Hater, you might hurt his feelings, but at least his Blackcats and Rebels are doing good.
Nice Post and very true!
wow, this game was close!!
Seiber has to be the worst kicker in D1 football. Can UK really not recruit a kicker better than that. Dang, give Masthay or the Tydlacka a shot. I don't know if I spelled either of their names right but they can't be any worse.

Hey Tubby Hater. Since Tubby has been run off and Hartline isn't nearly as bad as you make him out to be. Why not change your name to Seiber Hater.
Congrats Kentucky.
Pages: 1 2