Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Johnson County 14 Letcher County 6
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Johnson County 8th and Johnson County 7th both defeated Letcher County by identical scores tonight at Johnson Central. Way to go Eagles, you gave a great effort and we are proud of you. Letcher County has no reason to be ashamed, they played their heart out.
:eek:

Sounds like a good'un!
Looks like LCC has played two tuff games in a row, my hat's off to them. The New Harlan Patriots play Johnson Central in the Operation Unite bowl at Leslie County in a few weeks.
Wow, kinda surprising. I was told that the Cougars got wore out on both sides of the ball.
it was a defensive battle the whole game both LCC and JC had trouble moving the ball
Ring'Em Up,
Well the Cougars lost for sure. How in the world do you get 14-6 getting wore out on both sides of the ball. This was the worst I have seen the Cougars play this year and I honestly think it had a lot to do with the fact that they didn't have their team leader for the past two season on the field with them. The looked like they were lost most of the game to me. Coach has a huge job on his hands getting this team back together so they can play as a team. If not, this will be a long season for the Cougars. But Ring'Em Up, come on, if winning 14-6 is considered wearing somebody out in your opinion you really don't know that much about the game. Give a lot of credit to Johnson Central though, that team will hit you in the mouth for 32 straight minutes and they are as aggressive as a pitbull. I think the Cougars overlooked them and expected to roll into Paintsville and get an easy win and you see where that got them.
It has been a tough couple of weeks indeed for the Cougars. They have a lot of work ahead of them, since losing one of their leaders to an injury, but I think that this group of young men are tough and will pull it back together. We have a lot of Cougar Pride here in Letcher County. Keep your heads up! :Thumbs:
As you like to do...

Lambert #1,
Re-read my post and you will see that I said I was told that, not my opinion.
Who is the team leader you are talking about not being out there? An injury?
Ring'Em Up Wrote:As you like to do...

Lambert #1,
Re-read my post and you will see that I said I was told that, not my opinion.
Who is the team leader you are talking about not being out there? An injury?
I believe he is referring to Sam Sergent, LCC's 8th grade RB, he suffered a shoulder injury against New Harlan and is out for the season.
That's who I was referring too guys. He's a great kid and wonderful leader. He was the backbone of this whole consolidation that took place in Letcher County. 84 kids from 5th - 8th grade from all 4 corners of the county knew it didn't matter which school he came from because he just wants to play football regardless of where his team-mates come from. From what I hear he will be back on the sidelines next week against Perry cheering/coaching/motivating his team-mates to their 4th win of the season and put them right back in the drivers seat of the Big Sandy Conference. Sam Sergent is the real deal, let's just hope the doctors can get him fixed up and ready to go before next season starts. Keep this kid in your prayers because I hear it's a pretty bad shoulder injury that may require surgery.
This surprises me. I am sure the loss of Sergent hurt LC alot. However, the two times I have seen them this year I would of thought they could beat JC pretty handedly. However, I am sure JC has another great team as they always do year in year out. I surely hope this LC team can pull it back together. When they play team ball one of the most exciting Middle School teams I have ever seen.
This team should have won that game and I agree that when they play team ball they are sure fun to watch. I also agree that Johnson Central always puts a good team on the field but from what I have heard and it supposedly came from the coach over there this is one of his weaker teams in the past few years. I know that Perry beat them in OT and Sebastian beat them easily earlier in the season. I watched LCC beat Sebastian and Hazard and based on those wins I just assumed they would get a win over at Johnson Co. The loss of Sergent hurts a lot but I wouldn't have thought it would hurt that badly.
Lambert #1 Wrote:This team should have won that game and I agree that when they play team ball they are sure fun to watch. I also agree that Johnson Central always puts a good team on the field but from what I have heard and it supposedly came from the coach over there this is one of his weaker teams in the past few years. I know that Perry beat them in OT and Sebastian beat them easily earlier in the season. I watched LCC beat Sebastian and Hazard and based on those wins I just assumed they would get a win over at Johnson Co. The loss of Sergent hurts a lot but I wouldn't have thought it would hurt that badly.

When you look at the 5 previous classes that came from the middle school, this 8th grade class does have a lot to measure up to. However, I am sure that there are many kids on this 8th grade team that you will see contibuting to JCHS on Friday nights. Also, JCMS is missing two kids that would be on their offensive line in Matt King and Rusty Baldridge, both of whom are out with injuries. Injuries are a part of football and good teams must overcome them. I hope teams continue to overlook JCMS and consider them weak.
THOMCAT Wrote:When you look at the 5 previous classes that came from the middle school, this 8th grade class does have a lot to measure up to. However, I am sure that there are many kids on this 8th grade team that you will see contibuting to JCHS on Friday nights. Also, JCMS is missing two kids that would be on their offensive line in Matt King and Rusty Baldridge, both of whom are out with injuries. Injuries are a part of football and good teams must overcome them. I hope teams continue to overlook JCMS and consider them weak.

Thomcat, it is easy to see why people think JC is weak, when 75% of the coaches for that team will stand and talk to about anyone who will listen about how weak they are. I for one find it offending. I feel like they are getting better every week and with a healthy line will be fine. We have played LC, Sebastion, andPC and in my biased oppinion were the best team on the field in all three games.
Does anyone know anything about a Little League Bowl @ Letcher County High School ?
I would like to have a copy of the schedule.
There is a Little League Bowl tomorrow at LCCHS. Sorry I don't have a schedule.
Thanks CougarBabe
Eagle Pride 90,

I would like to possibly correct what it sounded like I was saying in my post earlier on in the week. I said that I assumed LCC would come over there and get a win because I had heard you all were down this year. AFTER watching your team play I would agree that you all are much better than I had heard you were. Your big, strong, physical and I loved your little running back, I think his number was 34. You all can beat any team in the conference on any given night in my opinion. I am sure your coaches were just giving the old "Coach Speech" when they were telling people that you were down this year, all coaches are guilty of doing that so don't be so hard on them. I for one think that the playoffs will be something to watch because I know that JC was the ones that got LCC head's screwed back on after they wore us out last week. Our boys rebounded with a huge win against Perry County last night 20-6. I think that Perry, Letcher, JC, Sebastian and I hear Belfry can get a win on any given night and win the whole thing this year. You've got a good little team over there and I am sure your high school coaches are more than willing to take this bunch of 8th graders and keep on building where the Junior High coaches have taken them.
Lambert, I in no way took offence to any thing you said. I feel like LC was a much better team than what they showed against JC. The playoffs should be interesting to say the least. As far as this being a weak group at JC, I have heard it sense they were in the 5th and 6th grade. I have a son on the 7th grade team and a son on the 8th grade team, it just gets old hearing about how "untalented" this group is. They play hard and are getting better every game. I see this as at least a four team race for supremacy buy year's end.
Great game players. Cant wait to see the next.