Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 1st Annual "Operation Unite" Bowl
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

1st Annual
[SIZE=6] "Operation UNITE"[/SIZE]
[SIZE=5]BOWL[/SIZE]
[SIZE=4]October 4th, 2008 Leslie Co. High School[/SIZE]

10:00- Leslie Co. Middle vs. Clay Co. Middle
12:00- Herald Whitaker Middle vs Hazard
2:00- Knox Middle vs. Meece Middle(Somerset)
4:00- New Harlan 5/6 vs. Russell 5/6
6:00- New Harlan 7/8 vs. Johnson Central 8th

Operation UNITE works to rid communities of illegal drug use through undercover narcotics investigations, coordinates treatment for substance abusers, provides support to families and friends of substance abusers, and educates the public about the dangers of using drugs. UNITE’s goal is to educate and activate individuals, by developing and empowering community coalitions, to no longer accept or tolerate the drug culture.
THE DEVILS ARE COMING, THE DEVILS ARE COMING....... GREAT TO SEE THE NAMES ON THE LIST....

I GUESS THAT THE MATCH UP BETWEEEN THE NEW HARLAN PATRIOTS AND THE RUSSELL RED DEVILS- "MAROON MACHINE" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Should be a barn burner or either someone winning by 1.... Not knowing the other teams out there but I can say that this match up should be a DDOOOOOOOZIE !!
I'm looking forward to both games that New Harlan will be playing. This will be a great day of football.
I knew that Mama Bear would be posting on here..... Glad to see you made it!!!!
I also agree that that day should be a blast. I can not wait.......
Where is a good place to eat dinner down there? or do you guys want to tail gate at the bowl.. I think that a tail gate would be fun to do... It would give everyone a chance to spend the day together and watch football.

Also please post directions to the stadium so we may get there.....
RT 23 south from Ashland to start.... Tahnks and yea I am getting butterflies about this BOWL.......

Bluegrassrivals Tail gate at the O.U.B. !!!!!!!!!!!
I will be there with Johnson Co.
Hows Johnson Co looking this year.. I may have to stay and watch you guys....
We have had alot of injuries. Hopefully we will be back at full strength for this game. We play Letcher tonight.
Johnson Co. 8th beat Letcher co. 14-6 tonight.
Sounds like a good game,, Congrats
[quote=DEVILOLOGIST]I knew that Mama Bear would be posting on here..... Glad to see you made it!!!!
I also agree that that day should be a blast. I can not wait.......
Where is a good place to eat dinner down there? or do you guys want to tail gate at the bowl.. I think that a tail gate would be fun to do... It would give everyone a chance to spend the day together and watch football.

Also please post directions to the stadium so we may get there.....
RT 23 south from Ashland to start.... Tahnks and yea I am getting butterflies about this BOWL.......

Bluegrassrivals Tail gate at the O.U.B. !!!!!!!!!!![/QUOT

To get to Leslie County High school which is where the games will be played coming from Asland I would imagine you would get on the Mountain Parkway and make it to Hazard someway. Leslie's field is probably twenty miles or so from Hazard. You could also come down I-75 to London and get on the Hal Rogers Parkway. I'm not sure what is the best route you may want to mapquest it. The town is call Hyden. As far as eating, Hazard has an applebee's but after that it is just fast food. A good gathering of Harlan County Black Bear fans have tailgated before their first two game and after wards and it has been a blast we may just have to plan a big tailgating event. Coming from Hazard or London you will be on the Hal Rogers Parkway and you just take the Hyden exit and get on Tim Couch Pass (a road that takes you over the hill from the parkway to Hyden) at the end of Tim Couch pass you take a left toward Hyden on US 421 go through the town (one traffic light) stay straight and as soon as you leave town you will pass a rite aide pharmacy and an advanced auto parts on the right go around the curve and Leslie County High will be on the Left you can't miss it. I hope that helps.
We would be coming down 23 to Paintsville way.. Then cutting across that way.. it said on mapquest it took 3 hours.
DEVILOLOGIST Wrote:We would be coming down 23 to Paintsville way.. Then cutting across that way.. it said on mapquest it took 3 hours.

In paintsville would you be getting on 80? around Hazard that road just tuns into the Hal Rogers Parkway (same road). Good four lane mostly straight road. Safe travels.
Okay thanks,,,, We play at 4pm so we should leave around 12 noon to be able to get there in plenty of time. Thanks so much again. I am sure that we will be in contact again.
Stay on 23 past Prestonsburg. Then get on Route 80 toward Hazard. Stay on 80 til you see signs toward Hyden. go toward Hyden and i couldn't tell you where the field is in Hyden.

Also, the last game should be a dandy between New Harlan and Johnson Co. Two great teams on a neutral field.:letsparty
I love games like this! I'll tell you another great middle school team playing in this is Knox Co. They are a very talented bunch.
MR. Slate Wrote:Stay on 23 past Prestonsburg. Then get on Route 80 toward Hazard. Stay on 80 til you see signs toward Hyden. go toward Hyden and i couldn't tell you where the field is in Hyden.

Also, the last game should be a dandy between New Harlan and Johnson Co. Two great teams on a neutral field.:letsparty

just drive thru Hyden the road will take you right to the field.its about 2 or 3 miles its across the river on the left.
Watch out for Clay County they bring horses. Older horses.
Smile Not Shetland ponies huh???
Meece has cancelled out of the 2:00 game with Knox Middle. Fuel problems or something. Never fear, though. Possible replacements include Letcher Central, and a LOADED JAckson Co. Will know by tomorrow. The other nine teams are ready to rock and roll. I've already got shirts sizes for them.
Heres the final line-up for the UNITE BOWL.

12:00- Herald Whitaker vs. HAzard
2:00- KNox Middle vs Sebastian Middle School
4:00- New Harlan 5/6 vs. Russell
6:00- New Harlan 7/8 vs. Johnson Central

Fuel Prices really played HAVOC with scheduling. Never the less, a great group of teams and should be 4 really good games. We'll also start lineing up teams and commitments for next years bowl as well.
The 2:00 game is KNox MIddle vs. Leslie Co.

Not Sebastian Middle School. I don't know why I typed that. I think because Clay beat them 36-0 last night.

12:00- Herald Whitaker vs. Hazard
2:00 - Knox Middle vs. Leslie
4:00 - New Harlan 5/6 vs. Russell
6:00 - New Harlan 7/8 vs. Johnson Central
I Rule The World Wrote:Heres the final line-up for the UNITE BOWL.

12:00- Herald Whitaker vs. HAzard
2:00- KNox Middle vs Sebastian Middle School
4:00- New Harlan 5/6 vs. Russell
6:00- New Harlan 7/8 vs. Johnson Central

Fuel Prices really played HAVOC with scheduling. Never the less, a great group of teams and should be 4 really good games. We'll also start lineing up teams and commitments for next years bowl as well.

Is Leslie County not playing?
Yeah, read the post after that one. It's been a long week.