Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: USC vs. Ohio State Predictions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Who do you think will win this big time matchup?
USC by 2-3 touchdowns.

Ohio State is overrated IMO. Ohio just about beat them and they didn't play that good in the season opener either.
I am going with USC by 2-3 touchdowns. But if Beanie Wells plays and plays good it could be closer than that.
USC-31
Ohio State-21
A lot of hype surrounding this game seeing it pits two of the most prestigious College Football programs in history. But with all the hype this game should be well in hand for USC. Ohio State showed that they are nothing without Beanie and they more than likely won't be nothing with Beanie at less than 100%. SC's defense will step up huge in this one, although Ohio State will keep it considerably close, I see USC coming out on top.

USC- 35
Ohio State- 24
USC- 35
Ohio State- 14
USC will rock them!!!
I prefer my Buckeyes to be underdogs.

Going into this game all I've heard about is Ray Maualuga. How he's just as good as Laurinaitis, how it didn't make a difference if Beanie played because Rey would stop him. Rey's fast and strong, built like a safety, there's one issue. Beanie Wells is such a rare combination of speed and power, hardly anyone can stop him. If he wants to overpower Rey he can, if he wants to outrun him he can, it's Maualuga's job to try to guess which one he does.

Then, you've got Terrelle Pryor. I don't think I've ever been so excited about an incoming freshman, he's got talent. He stiff armed a defensive player to the ground in the Ohio game, I thought it was a fullback with the ball. He's going to mix in a little, and confuse the Trojans defense by either running it himself, handing it to Chris Wells, or throwing it to the nation's most polished receiver, Brian Robiskie, or Brian Hartline. Boeckman brings the same game, he just doesn't run.

Then you've got Mr. James Laurinaitis. The speedy, strong, shove the ball down your throat linebacker. Malcolm Jenkins and the returning Donald Washington will handle Mark Sanchez and the passing, Marcus Freeman and James Laurinaitis will take care of Joe McKnight.

It's that simple, they're predicted to lose because they choke. Ohio State struggles against spread offenses. USC doesn't have one, they either going to pass, in which Ohio State's DB depth can take care of, or run... and #33 is the game-changer there.

Maybe it's because I watch and analyze Ohio State so much, after all they ARE my team, but I've gotta take the Buckeyes, 27-14.
Oh lets see who is gonna win the patty cake bowl...
USC by 2 TD's
Should be a great game..

Ohio State: 24 (UNDER-DOGS)
Southern California: 20
Ohio State wont let USC win by 2-3 TDs but USC will win.

USC-21
Ohio State-10
Now Beanie Wells is cleared to play and he was quoted as telling his coach that he wanted 45 carries on Saturday. With him in the backfield and healthy it makes a big difference.
NIKE2010 Wrote:Now Beanie Wells is cleared to play and he was quoted as telling his coach that he wanted 45 carries on Saturday. With him in the backfield and healthy it makes a big difference.

Unless they have Archie Griffin and Eddie George to help Beanie out, it will not matter...Too many good players for USC....Trojans 35 "the" Ohio State 21.
Usc 38
Osu 28
USC-34
Ohio St-17
Belfry0304 Wrote:I prefer my Buckeyes to be underdogs.

Going into this game all I've heard about is Ray Maualuga. How he's just as good as Laurinaitis, how it didn't make a difference if Beanie played because Rey would stop him. Rey's fast and strong, built like a safety, there's one issue. Beanie Wells is such a rare combination of speed and power, hardly anyone can stop him. If he wants to overpower Rey he can, if he wants to outrun him he can, it's Maualuga's job to try to guess which one he does.

Then, you've got Terrelle Pryor. I don't think I've ever been so excited about an incoming freshman, he's got talent. He stiff armed a defensive player to the ground in the Ohio game, I thought it was a fullback with the ball. He's going to mix in a little, and confuse the Trojans defense by either running it himself, handing it to Chris Wells, or throwing it to the nation's most polished receiver, Brian Robiskie, or Brian Hartline. Boeckman brings the same game, he just doesn't run.

Then you've got Mr. James Laurinaitis. The speedy, strong, shove the ball down your throat linebacker. Malcolm Jenkins and the returning Donald Washington will handle Mark Sanchez and the passing, Marcus Freeman and James Laurinaitis will take care of Joe McKnight.

It's that simple, they're predicted to lose because they choke. Ohio State struggles against spread offenses. USC doesn't have one, they either going to pass, in which Ohio State's DB depth can take care of, or run... and #33 is the game-changer there.

Maybe it's because I watch and analyze Ohio State so much, after all they ARE my team, but I've gotta take the Buckeyes, 27-14.

That is a very good analysis. :thumpsup:
I'll take Ohio state 20-17.
With or without Beanie Wells, Ohio State doesn't have a chance....USC rolls...42-14
USC but not by much.
Wells isnt playing against USC today, Like it matters though.
Low scoring, boring game!
osu 10
usc 7