Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: AMAZING Article
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
From John Clay at the LHL.

Boo to you, spoiled UK fans
I totally agree. I told my wife just before the half started that if Hartline comes out to start the second half that he would get booed and sure enough it happened. It kills me that UK fans would do this to their own team. Either you totally, completely support the team, or you don't. You can't be cheering for them one minute and then booing them the next or else you are not a true fan. A true fan cheers and congradulates whether they agree with decisions or not. For those that decided to let out the boo birds, grow up.
That is a heck of an article. Speaks the truth for sure.
I'm a big fan of John Clay, and this article shows why. He's not afraid to write the truth, regardless of people will think. It is a shame people would boo, whether they were booing Mike Hartline himself or Coach Brooks for putting him in, it was WRONG! Not only was Brooks p***ed, but other players showed their disgust in the act as well. Excellent article!
This is a great article.
Probley the best article I have read in a LOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time. You know I have actually been impressed with Hartline. I mean there is a kid who has sat in the shadows of Woodsen then had to sit really in the shadows of Pulley because everyone thought Pulley deserved the starting spot. Did not even know where his future layed going into this season then comes out the first two games of the season. Makes zero mistakes and still gets heckled by his teams "fans". Absolutley absurd. I hope those who read that article that did BOO Brooks and company got embrassed for several people calling them out.
I can't stand Clay. He is a whiner with delusions of grandeur. I think the booing was stupid too. But its not that big of a deal. I'm sure Hartline can handle it. Lets face it the world is full of idiots. You just have to learn to live with them.
I think this was a great article, and it absolutely needed to be written. All those people who booed Saturday night aren't real Kentucky fans. They're just big babies, crying because they didn't get what they wanted.

I'm sick of hearing excuses for that behavior.
- "They were booing the coach!" Really? I bet they all made sure to let Mike Hartline know that the booing wasn't meant for him.
- "They just felt Cobb gave UK a better chance to win!" Glad to see everyone knows more about coaching than Brooks. Boo, then maybe he'll change his mind.
- "They paid for the ticket, they have a right to boo." I suppose that's right. But it doesn't make that person a UK fan, just a seat-filler.

It might be one thing if it was all the student section doing the booing, maybe you could chalk it up to immaturity. But there were plenty of grown adults doing their share as well. Good example they set for the kids in attendance.

Bottom line, that just shouldn't happen in your home stadium.
Great Article
Every thing he talked about is true. Great article.
Great Article.
John Clay can write all the amazing articles he wants for the next 2 weeks and it will not stop the UK fans from BOOING if Hartline walks on the field to start against WKU.