Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Middle Tenn. State @ Kentucky - Sept. 13
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This is a very dangerous game for the Wildcats as MTSU defeated Maryland this past Saturday.

Kentucky- 27
MTSU- 13
Uk 17
Mtsu 7
UK Better be ready.

UK-28
MTSU-13
Mtsu-28 Uk-17
Uk-31
Mtsu-14
ballcrazy Wrote:Mtsu-28 Uk-17

Not trying to be a smart*** but just wondering if you are a betting man, if so let me know.
UK 42

MtSt 8
Well i think this will be a slow and boring game much like the Louisville game. as long as Hartline or Cobb do not make mistakes UK wins in a nailbitter. 20-17 OT
Tubby Hater Wrote:Not trying to be a smart*** but just wondering if you are a betting man, if so let me know.

Me too.

UK - 31
MTSU - 10

Hartline will start the game, but look for Cobb to get the majority of the snaps.
Rich Brooks has got to be smiling after what happened on Saturday.

You just went out and beat up some team by 35 points, and maybe you're worried that your team might get the big head. Afraid that with a team from the powerhouse conference called the Sun Belt up next, that maybe your guys won't come out and practice hard this week.

Then, said Sun Belt squad goes out and knocks off a big-time BCS school in Maryland, a team that played in the Orange Bowl a few years ago. You think Brooks will have any trouble getting his guys to pay attention this week now?

Uk comes out focused and determined to assert their dominance on the ground. UK rolls up 200+ rushing yards and wins going away.

UK 27
MTSU 6
ballcrazy Wrote:Mtsu-28 Uk-17

You can't honestly think that UK's defense is going to allow 28 points, do you? :confused:

I mean, they give up a total of 3 points in the first two games combined, and you think suddenly they're going to allow four touchdowns to Middle Tennessee?

Sorry, I just don't see any possible way that happens.
I think UK wins a fairly close game..I think it will be close until UK puts a late TD on the board to pull out a 24-13 win..
Yeah this will be a tough game for UK. Brooks will have the team ready and focused on the job at hand and UK will pull out a hard fought victory.

Kentucky- 28
Middle Tennessee- 21
UK comes out focused and this ones over at halftime
Cats-41
MTSU-0
-STAT- Wrote:Yeah this will be a tough game for UK. Brooks will have the team ready and focused on the job at hand and UK will pull out a hard fought victory.

Kentucky- 28
Middle Tennessee- 21

Guys, I know MTSU just beat Maryland, but I just don't see them scoring like that against us. Our defense is too stout to allow some Sun Belt team to waltz in and score 3-4 touchdowns.

I think that if this game is close, it'll be because the offense gets bogged down into a low-scoring affair. But I just can't see MTSU scoring that much unless it's on turnovers for scores.
uk by 17
UK 35
M.T. 21
I think this is the game everyone really starts having confedence in Cobb and Hartline. They work well as a team. Heck, this is their first year and they are awesome to be in the position they are in. If they are this good now, just taking over, think of how good they will become with experience. If Brooks can find a weakness he will beat them to the ground defensively and thrash them with offense.
Kentucky 28
Middle Tenn. 3

I haven't really taken a deep look at the game yet, however..
Uk 28
Mts 10
this will be a scary game.
More Cowbell Wrote:Guys, I know MTSU just beat Maryland, but I just don't see them scoring like that against us. Our defense is too stout to allow some Sun Belt team to waltz in and score 3-4 touchdowns.

I think that if this game is close, it'll be because the offense gets bogged down into a low-scoring affair. But I just can't see MTSU scoring that much unless it's on turnovers for scores.

The turnovres is what will win the game for MTSU.:yikes:
I hope the game isnt close...I'll be there!
ballcrazy Wrote:The turnovres is what will win the game for MTSU.:yikes:

Just because they scared the crap out of Louisville last year does not mean that they will beat Kentucky.

UK's defense is just too good to allow MTSU to score more than 13 points at the most, so UK's offense won't have to take a lot of chances with the ball. Just control the game with Smith and Locke, sprinkle in a safe pass here and there, then have Cobb do a few QB runs to mix things up. Nothing fancy, that should limit the turnovers.
At the end of this game UK will be 3-0. UK 40 MTSU 20.
Go Cats!
ballcrazy Wrote:The turnovres is what will win the game for MTSU.:yikes:

:lmao:
TidesHoss32 Wrote:I think UK wins a fairly close game..I think it will be close until UK puts a late TD on the board to pull out a 24-13 win..
Agreed! Facing a solid team today!
Maryland is up 14-0 early on Cal right now. That should put the fear into some people. I hope the UK players come ready tonight.
Appears some posters are taking MTSU pretty lightly..........Don't be suprised when this is a ballgame. A toss up at that. Having said that I will go with......UK 31, MTSU 24
More Cowbell Wrote:You can't honestly think that UK's defense is going to allow 28 points, do you? :confused:

I mean, they give up a total of 3 points in the first two games combined, and you think suddenly they're going to allow four touchdowns to Middle Tennessee?

Sorry, I just don't see any possible way that happens.

You mean 2 points...?

UK 40
MTSU 14
Pages: 1 2