Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Rumor: New Harlan vs. Harlan Ind.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I heard Harlan Independent is trying to to get a game against the New Harlan Patriots.

Any word or thoughts about a possible game?
is this a problem?? Seems that they would play anyway....
DEVILOLOGIST Wrote:is this a problem?? Seems that they would play anyway....

It's not a problem for the Patriots.

They have refused to play our teams the past couple of years....for whatever reason.Rolleyes Apparently a "daddy" tried to call and schedule a game that he was obviously not authorized to do, because the head coach would NOT return numerous phone calls and emails. Got a lot of the kids foaming at the mouth for no reason.

Same ole same ole.....

We play at Leslie Thurday.
same ole song and dance.guys, they dont want to play the Patriots.
According to what I have heard they should not play the Patriots. I for one watched the Patriots play LCC the other night and if my information is correct they would get someone hurt if they did choose to play the Patriots. Mama Bear/Patriot am I correct to say that Harlan Ind. is way outmatched as far as athletes goes? I watched the play last year and I for one saw that they do not belong on the field with you guys. I also would want to think that you all would not want to waste a date that you could play one of the upper level teams in the mountains to show off that unbelievable talent that you all have on that side of the mountain.
You are correct Lambert #1. It's just a Harlan County thang! LOL
It's an old rivalry that I fear is gone forever. Things get said about how they have the team to beat us "this year", ect, ect and the kids would love to prove them wrong. It wouldn't be a good game. Somebody could get hurt and if you have a limited amount of players to begin with then that wouldn't be productive.
Like I said, their coach, in his infinite wisdom, didn't return any calls.

We have a full schedule. I'd like to know more about this Johnson Central team that we are supposed to be playing in the Operation Untie Bowl at Leslie. Knox County has a very good team that beat us last year in the last seconds of the game. You talk about a defensive battle!!! The game stayed on the 50 yd line most of the game. We play them twice this year I believe.
Well I will let you know...
Harlan Independent plays Russell at home then we play Harlan County at Leslie County a week in between......
Russells 7/8 grade team doesn't play New Harlan. This is what we are referring to , athough I feel confident that our little guys would be a mismatch too for the Independent school, but not as much as the 7th and 8th grade. I'm betting that if they come up there, you all will have your way with them.Big Grin
Sorry,, I can not tell who you guys are referring to when you say Middle School... Our 6th grade is in the middle school but not classified as a middle school team.
Just saying that our 5/6th grade play both.......
I wish the Green Dragons would put there money where there mouth is.
Just trying to stir up some chatter, I would love to see the rivalry continue, but I believe we will find some better talent like Letcher or Bell to form a rivalry. But it seems Bell is kind of like Harlan Ind. they only want to play us when they can win. We have played them for the last couple of years and then when they are to come play us they back out. Go figure at least we have Letcher Central.
Patriot/DaBears/Mama Bear,
I can assure you of one thing. I am close to Coach Howard and he will play you year in and year with his LCC Junior High team regardless of whether he is up or down on talent. He just loves a good physical ballgame and he knows that a win or loss against you guys will make his team better in the long run. He realizes it's not about himself or the wins and losses because he's just trying to prepare athletes that can play at the level that matters and that's for his uncle Hillard and Cousin Ben up at the big house with the big boy Cougars.