Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: FINAL---UK 41 Idaho St 29
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The Cats kind of flat...as one might expect after the Louisville game.
Im just glad they were able to win the game. I was worried at halftime is was going to be Ohio all over again.
i am very happy UK won this game, but from what i heard on the radio they showed no effort. they should have put this team away early.
A lot of injuries for Kentucky, hopefully they aren't season ending.
I've been watching the re-run and have been seeing David Jones quite a bit on special teams.
At least we got a win. Congrats to the cats.
Crap didn't know the replay was on just picking it up with 8 to go in the 3rd.
any news on the injuries?
Haven't heard anything since I've been watching. Whom all got hurt?
Is idaho st that good. Im sitting here watching the delayed replay and ky is down with 5 mins to go in the game. 29-28
"torQQue" Wrote:Is idaho st that good. Im sitting here watching the delayed replay and ky is down with 5 mins to go in the game. 29-28
i dont think that its because they are really good, but coming off an emotionally draining game with a short week, and also playing a team that from what it sounded like on the radio had uks defense spread out all day would make for a tough game, just glad the cats kept thier composure and got the win.
Man what a way to pull it out in the end.
Way to go Cats!!!!!
After listening to this game on the radio, I bet Rich Brooks ends up getting fired at the end of the season.
he is most definitley on the hot seat, if he dont win some big games this year they will more than likely make a change, i for one think that is unfortunate. they are showing signs of being able to recruit better, and given the fact that he inherited a team that was under probation he has not yet gotten a chance to build the team that he wants to. lets face it, they are in the toughest conference in college football, that makes it very hard to rebuild, but more importantly what coach COULD come into that program and make immediate progress with this team. they are very young, they showed that yesterday by struggling with a supposedly "inferior" team, but they kept thier heads and pulled off the victory. i wish the team and coach brooks the best of luck the rest of the season.
"Superman" Wrote:After listening to this game on the radio, I bet Rich Brooks ends up getting fired at the end of the season.

I don't think you can tell that just by listening to the game on the radio, but I think that he is on the hot seat as well...
Guys all I am going to say about this game is that we were lucky to beat a average Divison 1-AA team and we suffered some injuries in this game to key players that we are going to be feeling the rest of the season.
I know one of the injuries for UK was a season ending injury. I'm not sure who it was but I heard them say that the player tore his patella tendon and was out for the season.
test
I agree...I don't think that Brooks is on the hot seat as long as he gets 3 wins or so. He has STRONG young players and this team has already been hit hard by the injury bug. I hope they give him at least one more season (maybe 2). Gotta have some stability in a program in order to get kids to come play. Noone wants to come if they think that htye will be changing coaches and systems every couple of years!

GO CATS!
"UKCATS" Wrote:I agree...I don't think that Brooks is on the hot seat as long as he gets 3 wins or so. He has STRONG young players and this team has already been hit hard by the injury bug. I hope they give him at least one more season (maybe 2). Gotta have some stability in a program in order to get kids to come play. Noone wants to come if they think that htye will be changing coaches and systems every couple of years!

GO CATS!

I agree with you 100% but unfortnatly a lot of UK fans don't see it that way. We need some consisteny and bringing in a new head coach with a new staff would be a HUGE blow to the program. If Brooks does resign after this season, Barnhardt better give the the job to Joker or Mike Archer.

As far as the injuries so far this season, here is a list:
DT-Lamar Mills-tore his ACL in the UofL game, out for the season, HUGE loss
FS-Marcus McClinton-tore up his knee in the ISU game, gone for season
WR-Keenan Burton-broken bone in his foot, out 4-6 weeks, HUGE loss
WR-Tommy Cook-Dislocated knee cap, out 4-6 weeks, big loss from a leadership point of view
DT-Myron Pryor-Day to day, has had problems with cramps all year
DT-Ricky Abrem-Should be back for the UF game at the latest we need him BAD, may play this weekend
DT-Jason Leger-Expected to play at IU
CB-Bo Smith-I don't know his injury but he is listed as day-to-day and he is out best CB so we need him bad

We have been hit very hard by the injury bug. Everyone has been looking at 06 as the season when UK will be a threat for a bowl game...UK WILL be a good team next year and if there is anything good that can come out of all of these injuries to some of our key players is that a lot of good underclassmen with a lot of potential are now going to get playing time and have them prepared for next year. When you look up and down the UK roster, it is very encouraging to see all the talent we have in the fresham nad sophomore classes, not to mention we will bring in a great class this year. The future of the UK football program is looking bright, we just need to get thru this season.
Smith plays a big part in UK's defence. He had 15 tackles against Louisville.
Not only is UK suffering from injuries, but they are suffering from bad coaching. I know a lot of people thought after the UL game that Brooks had turned the program around, but I think it was simply that our players wanted it so bad, that they tried harder than ever before.

Brooks is a terrible coach, and as for Idaho State, D 1-AA players are often in that division because they cannot fulfill academic requirements at 1-A schools. It is sad that Idaho State played us that close, but what more could you expect from a coach with an overall losing record.....and that was BEFORE he came to UK.
"The ***father" Wrote:Not only is UK suffering from injuries, but they are suffering from bad coaching. I know a lot of people thought after the UL game that Brooks had turned the program around, but I think it was simply that our players wanted it so bad, that they tried harder than ever before.

Brooks is a terrible coach, and as for Idaho State, D 1-AA players are often in that division because they cannot fulfill academic requirements at 1-A schools. It is sad that Idaho State played us that close, but what more could you expect from a coach with an overall losing record.....and that was BEFORE he came to UK.

Brooks is not a terrible coach. He turned Oregon into a west coast power and they play on Rich Brooks Field. It would not matter who was the coach at UK the past 3 years they would not have done any better. Probation is meant to punish the program and that is what it did to the UK football program and it will take TIME to get that turned around. If you want to know who is a terrible coach, then I will give you a great example Ron Hudson, and Brooks saved himself a few more years at UK by getting rid of him. Brooks is not a great coach, I think everyone is aware of that, but he has put together a very good coaching staff at UK and they are bringing in more SEC caliber players at UK than I can ever remember, plus he doesn't cheat and does it the right way and the players love him. Guy Morris would have been a good coach for UK except for one problem he is a horrible recruiter. Granted there are better coaches out there that would be better for UK than Coach Brooks but they are not at UK. Coach Brooks is our coach and anyone that knows football can look down our roster and look at all the talent in the freshman and sophmore classes and realize that the program is in better shape right now than it was when he came to Lexington. If Barnhardt gets a new head coach he better hire within the system and get Joker or Archer or we will be starting all over again. Coach Brooks has put good coaches around him and they are off to a great start this year in recruiting and this coaching staff will turn the program around if they are given the time.