Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Brevard College (NC) - 20 Pikeville College - 17
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pikeville led 10-7 at halftime but Brevard ended up capturing the 3 point win. Pikeville had 24 rushes for only 48 yards (I think). With just under 2 minutes left in the 4th quarter, Pikeville had a 4th and 15 on Brevard's 38 yardline, and Pikevilel quarterback Wideman threw in interception. Tough loss for the Bears. Good luck nexy week in your home opener versus Lambuth!
IMO, Pikeville College will only win 2 games this year with the starting quarterback that they have. The kid is just too young still and makes too many dumb mistakes. Very athletic, so may should be used at another position. The second string quarterback looked 100 percent better, hands down. Also, the defensive secondary is going to have to be able to stop the big pass plays too or its going to be a long year for the Bears.
Is pikeville better or worse than they were last year?
The QB is over 21 yrs old....shouldn't be making those mistakes.
Dan Wideman is a very atheltic player. He can run and throw. The problem is the offensive line doesn't block, and when they do (which isn't often), the receivers are completely lost (with the exception of Jamerson and Lamb). It's not the QB, it's the OL and the WR.
StrikeoutKing Wrote:Dan Wideman is a very atheltic player. He can run and throw. The problem is the offensive line doesn't block, and when they do (which isn't often), the receivers are completely lost (with the exception of Jamerson and Lamb). It's not the QB, it's the OL and the WR.

One of the other receivers is true freshmen Montrelle Jones. You can excuse him for being lost.
PC_You_Know Wrote:One of the other receivers is true freshmen Montrelle Jones. You can excuse him for being lost.
Can I? If he's lost, why is he playing? I'm not dissing the kid. If he doesn't know what's going on, then he just doesn't know. I have watched him play, and he's very gifted and should have a great career. But if you're going to play ball at the collegiate level, it is YOUR responsibility, not the coaches, to learn the routes, the playbook, and do what you have to do to give your team the best chance to win. These receivers are not helping Wideman at all. Of course, he has no time to throw the ball, and the coaching staff calls plays that are more conservative than George Bush!
I must retract on my statment above. The quarterback does seem to be getting better every week. He still needs alot of work, but he is not bad. They seem to have so many talented athletes though. Could the past 2 losing seasons and maybe this years losing season, be blamed strictly on the coaches? If they dont win some games (at least 5) this year I think the administration should go huntin'.