Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: E. Carolina 24 - (8) WVU 3 - FINAL
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Wow.

...and the students rush the field.
wow. shocking one there. ECU might be good this year. or is it WVU?
E. CAR beat Virginia Tech last week, and then WVU this week. I think E. Car. might just be that good.
well well, go pirates
Wow! East Carolina lost Chris Johnson, the speedy back, and still upset 2 ranked teams?
Coach Holtz Jr. has his team playing very well
This Team is for real
I didnt see this one coming.
great 2 weeks for ECU.
I am now a huge fan of this team. I don't want to miss a game of theirs. However, they do not play anymore ranked teams (as of now) for the rest of the season. But other than UK they are my favorite team. GO PIRATES!
HaHa
Wow....VERY surprised to see this happen. Didn't expect it at all. But ECU played a great game!!
I don't think ECU is just that good, I think Sean Glennon for VT is horrible and VT isn't really that good of a team this year either. IMO the hype of a possible upset got to WVU, plus it help ECU playing at home. I'm not dissing them but I just don't believe they have all that much talent. I can't believe they whooped WVU like that though...
Huge win for ECU. They have a dynamic QB in Patrick Pinkney who has put the Purple Pirates on his shoulders and led them to victory. Congrats to the Pirates on the huge W.
Here is ECU's schedule, they have already beaten the toughest teams on the schedule and proven to the nation that they are for real...if they can run the table could we see a possible national championship appearance?

Virginia Tech- W
West Virginia- W
@ Tulane
@ NC State
Houston
@ Virginia
Memphis
@ UCF
Marshall
@ Southern Miss
@ UAB
Texas El-Paso
ECU has a dam good chance of running the table with that schedule left. I could only see UCF or So. Miss even challeging the Purple Pirates. Back the question I dont see ECU in the National Title game tho even if they go undeafted, kinda like the Bosie St team a few years back. ECU would be in a BCS game but not the National Championship.

*Side Note, How many people think Skip Holtz, will have a new home next season at a BCS School.
Even running the table won't get them a National Championship appearance. BCS bowl probably, but no title shot.
gish_7 Wrote:Here is ECU's schedule, they have already beaten the toughest teams on the schedule and proven to the nation that they are for real...if they can run the table could we see a possible national championship appearance?

Virginia Tech- W
West Virginia- W
@ Tulane
@ NC State
Houston
@ Virginia
Memphis
@ UCF
Marshall
@ Southern Miss
@ UAB
Texas El-Paso
I doubt we see a national title appearence but a BCS bowl isnt out of the question if BYU loses. The ECU fans better enjoy this because it wont be long before a bigger school in a bigger conference comes calling for Skip Holtz.
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:I doubt we see a national title appearence but a BCS bowl isnt out of the question if BYU loses. The ECU fans better enjoy this because it wont be long before a bigger school in a bigger conference comes calling for Skip Holtz.

Don't forget about Fresno State.
Anyone see those cops beatin' the crap out of a few students when it showed the fans rushing the field at the end of the game?
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Don't forget about Fresno State.

They'll lose to Wisconsin this weekend.
Huge win for ECU! I hope they play this good the rest of the season!