Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 14th Region 2009
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
1. Perry Central (25-9) regional runner-up. Napier, Ashworth, Jordan Amis, John Amis, Goodson, Mullins, and Smith return. Lost to graduation: Gay.
2. Estill County (24-4) defending regional champs. Freeman, Benedict, Singleton, Clowers, Fagin, and Williams return. Lost Napier, Christopher, Boain, and Isaacs to graduation.
3. Hazard (21-9) regional semi-finals in '09. Slone, Olinger, Martin, Grigsby, Searcy, Combs, and Feltner return. Teague graduated and Meehan transferred to LCA.
4. Letcher Central (22-12) lost in 1st round. Return C. Adams, M. Adams, Smith, Sexton, Watts, N. Adams, and Brock. Lost Cook to graduation.
5. Lee County (17-14) regional semi-finals in '09. Campbell, Wise, Davis, Baker, Estes, and Frye are among returnees. Lost Drake to graduation.
6. Breathitt County (20-11) lost in 1st round. Return Ritchie, Lawson, Z. Epperson, Back, Huff, Terry, Allen, Roberts, and Creech. Wes Epperson was lone senior.
7. Knott Central (2-25) new coach Jamie Couch. If Potter and King are ruled eligible they could make a run.
8. Jackson City (15-7) back-to-back 55th dist. champs.
9. Powell County (25-9) Lost Proffitt, Ryan, Pelfry, Brewer, and Kinser to graduation. Rison and Dotson return with McIntosh, Reed, Creech, Mastin, and a strong freshman class.
10. Leslie County (11-14) Lost Poloni and Wells, Jimmy Joe Morgan returns with a young cast. Only lost to Hazard 5-1 in the opeing round of the 54th district tournament with Morgan on the hill last year.
wen u tlk about leslie saying morgan has young guys hows that???
hoot owl Wrote:1. Perry Central (25-9) regional runner-up. Napier, Ashworth, Jordan Amis, John Amis, Goodson, Mullins, and Smith return. Lost to graduation: Gay.
2. Estill County (24-4) defending regional champs. Freeman, Benedict, Singleton, Clowers, Fagin, and Williams return. Lost Napier, Christopher, Boain, and Isaacs to graduation.
3. Hazard (21-9) regional semi-finals in '09. Slone, Olinger, Martin, Grigsby, Searcy, Combs, and Feltner return. Teague graduated and Meehan transferred to LCA.
4. Letcher Central (22-12) lost in 1st round. Return C. Adams, M. Adams, Smith, Sexton, Watts, N. Adams, and Brock. Lost Cook to graduation.
5. Lee County (17-14) regional semi-finals in '09. Campbell, Wise, Davis, Baker, Estes, and Frye are among returnees. Lost Drake to graduation.
6. Breathitt County (20-11) lost in 1st round. Return Ritchie, Lawson, Z. Epperson, Back, Huff, Terry, Allen, Roberts, and Creech. Wes Epperson was lone senior.
7. Knott Central (2-25) new coach Jamie Couch. If Potter and King are ruled eligible they could make a run.
9. Powell County (25-9) Lost Proffitt, Ryan, Pelfry, Brewer, and Kinser to graduation. Rison and Dotson return with McIntosh, Reed, Creech, Mastin, and a strong freshman class.
10. Leslie County (11-14) Lost Poloni and Wells, Jimmy Joe Morgan returns with a young cast. Only lost to Hazard 5-1 in the opeing round of the 54th district tournament with Morgan on the hill last year.

Looks good...I think Leslie could be a little better than 10. Meehan from Hazard transfer to LCA, Lexington Christian Acd.??? Also the big Freeman kid from Estill returns, thought he was a senior last year.
Inexperienced might have been a better word than young. They don't have the 2-3 year starters returning, like in 2006 and 2007 (Quentin Morgan, Riley Hedrix, Howard, Hubbard, Roberts, Baker, Bowling, or Gavin Wells for example).

Drew Freeman is a senior this year, 2008-2009.
I personally think Powell should be a little better than 9.
Watch out for knott central with the new additions in Potter and Adams and maybe King. The Pats will be a good looking ball club
i think powell will be higher just becuase they are more experienced than knott and some of the other teams ranked above them. But there not going to be the powell co team that competes for the region in my opinion. At least not this year, they lost to much last year
Knott might not have much experience, but they have some talented players
Im a player at knott co and we might have a new coach but were going to be looking real good and the talent is wonderful but we have lost 4 players from the 2007-2008 season but we got boys that would and will take there place.
The Boggs kid from jackson city went Perry Central. He pitched in the breathitt an jackson city dist championship game an held breathitt for a 3 to 1 win. Will be in the 9th this year. PCC got a strong pitcher.
MVP2 Wrote:Looks good...I think Leslie could be a little better than 10. Meehan from Hazard transfer to LCA, Lexington Christian Acd.??? Also the big Freeman kid from Estill returns, thought he was a senior last year.

Meehan is at Lex Christian, and Freeman is a senior this year
paintball 25 Wrote:I personally think Powell should be a little better than 9.

I agree. They will show that they are a much better team than 9.
Estill should have a very good baseball team this year.
Freeman for Estill Co. is a Senior this year. he was a junior last year
Estill should be the Regional Champs again this year. bc the ones they lost last year didnt do anything and the big Freeman kid for Estill is a senior this year.
Estill lost their second basemen, shortstop and center fielder and mayber some more. I think you could say that they did something last year
In all honesty i see Perry walking right through region....
Perry will NOT walk right through the region this year. Nobody will walk through the region. It is as balanced as it has EVER been...Up for anyone to win it this year!
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:Perry will NOT walk right through the region this year. Nobody will walk through the region. It is as balanced as it has EVER been...Up for anyone to win it this year!

Besides Estill, who lost alot, no one will play with PCC. Perry didn't lose any one except Gay who was not even a key player. They are just stacked.
Go 'Neers!! :]
liveordie20 Wrote:Besides Estill, who lost alot, no one will play with PCC. Perry didn't lose any one except Gay who was not even a key player. They are just stacked.

My friend did you watch any games in the 14th last year????? Your lack of knowledge frustrates me.

Yes, Perry will be good and possibly the preseason fav. but by no means will they walk through the region........Letcher Co. played PC to a one run game in the region tourny. R. Brock pitched the majority of the game for the Cougars. Also Cook who was the only player letcher lost had no hits and an error so basicly Letcher Co. played Perry to a ONE run game with the help of only returning players. IMO if you match Letcher up to Perry position to position the cougars win. Also lets not forget the fact they have Bryan Dean in the dugout who is by far the best coach in the 14th. Also Perry lost to a weaker Hazard team last year who lost only 2 players. Perry nor Estill, Hazard, or Letcher will walk through th region NO ONE WILL! As always the 14th will have an entertaining season full of upsets, heartbreaker losses, and total meltdowns! However in the end it will come down to 4 or 5 teams who can pick one another off on any given day. I can literally not wait wait until Feb. This year has the potiental to be a great one for alot of teams! Good luck to all!.......IMO Letcher Co. Central Cougars win 2nd region title in 3 yrs.
EngineerFan Wrote:Estill should be the Regional Champs again this year. bc the ones they lost last year didnt do anything and the big Freeman kid for Estill is a senior this year.

Engineerfan, do u live in Estill? I'm a player and if u think that losing our 2nd basemen, shortstop and right and center fielders doesnt mean anything...sorry but ur wrong. I do understand what u mean though..probably our greatest loss was Boian our center fielder.
I agree with Kyboy, no one will simply walk right through the region...if i had to guess though probably Estill and PCC in the Finals. We lost alot at Estill but we still got lots of talent and good ball players.
hoot owl Wrote:1. Perry Central (25-9) regional runner-up. Napier, Ashworth, Jordan Amis, John Amis, Goodson, Mullins, and Smith return. Lost to graduation: Gay.

i think it is a lil cocky to be puttin hazard as already a semi finalist for this up coming season but i would have to say 4th thru 10th is a toss up
Hazard lost there Ace pitcher the Meehan kid IMO they have to find another pitcher because they used him alot. Jackson city had them beat until they brought him in . That was in the all A . The best i could recall jackson city had a 8th grader on the mound . So yes hazard is over rated JMO
Perry will win region imo
I wanna see who prevails in 56th to make to regions
lcc will make some noise this year with the new field, and only loosingone starter from last year.
didnt they get like a million dollar field?
Baseballer Wrote:I wanna see who prevails in 56th to make to regions

Estill no doubt in my mind, and the 2nd place could be between powell or lee. Owlsey hasnt had the best of seasons the past couple years.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8