Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 14th Region 2009
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Golden Nugget Wrote:JRS, just for your info, my source is straight from the horses mouth. The 2 coaches did play a season or two together at ALC. But none of this really matters. Knott County will not be in the basement this year, or for that matter wont be near it. They will easily be a top 10 team, maybe top 5-8. Wait and see.

My side hurts...
Still not sure what you meant by the playing together comment, but other than Hazard, PCC, LCC, Estill, give me a team that Knott wont be able to beat. Breathitt, Powell, Lee? maybe or maybe not. I think they will will be able to beat those teams and be an overall better team. Which will put them near the top 5. Evidently , you have not done your homework on who all is playing at Knott this year, but you will find out soon enough. They may be a long shot to win Region, but on any given day could knock off one of the top 4 with the right matchup.
We all have heard how Tate cox is playing baseball this year. He is a pretty good baseball player but its still going to take more than him and the JBS boys to put KCC at the top of the region.
Golden Nugget Wrote:Still not sure what you meant by the playing together comment, but other than Hazard, PCC, LCC, Estill, give me a team that Knott wont be able to beat. Breathitt, Powell, Lee? maybe or maybe not. I think they will will be able to beat those teams and be an overall better team. Which will put them near the top 5. Evidently , you have not done your homework on who all is playing at Knott this year, but you will find out soon enough. They may be a long shot to win Region, but on any given day could knock off one of the top 4 with the right matchup.

Haha! Your killing me, this will never end with you will it. You know apparently baseball has been so bad for so long in Knott County that they also have forgotten how to evaluate talent because most of the kids that transferred over to KCC this year wouldn't even be in the starting lineup for most of the top teams in the region, so I don't know how you can take that and run with it like you did, but in order for them knock off some of the top teams they are going to have to have more than what they have and more than what came over.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:Haha! Your killing me, this will never end with you will it. You know apparently baseball has been so bad for so long in Knott County that they also have forgotten how to evaluate talent because most of the kids that transferred over to KCC this year wouldn't even be in the starting lineup for most of the top teams in the region, so I don't know how you can take that and run with it like you did, but in order for them knock off some of the top teams they are going to have to have more than what they have and more than what came over.

I don't see Knott in top 5 in the region right now, but IMO by season's end I believe they could be, time will tell. The comment about whether these kids couldn't start on some of the top teams in the region, I will disagree with your opinion on that one, The Kincaid kid from what I hear will be starting at LCC as he probably should but i think the other 3 kids which went to Knott are as good as he was. But that is your opinion, nothing wrong with that.
I think what I'm seeing is a lot of excitement about KCC baseball again, I agree with you they (KCC) have some respect to earn and all this talk about how good they are "GOING" to be is premature.
They will nead to earn everyone's respect before including themselves with the best in the region
FBIMAN Wrote:I don't see Knott in top 5 in the region right now, but IMO by season's end I believe they could be, time will tell. The comment about whether these kids couldn't start on some of the top teams in the region, I will disagree with your opinion on that one, The Kincaid kid from what I hear will be starting at LCC as he probably should but i think the other 3 kids which went to Knott are as good as he was. But that is your opinion, nothing wrong with that.
I think what I'm seeing is a lot of excitement about KCC baseball again, I agree with you they (KCC) have some respect to earn and all this talk about how good they are "GOING" to be is premature.
They will nead to earn everyone's respect before including themselves with the best in the region

I agree with you, but i do disagree about the other kids being as good as kincaid. Unfortunately i don't think they are as good as him, and I am still going to stick to my position on i don't think the ones that went to KCC could start at the better programs
Kincaid was the best player on the JBS team good glove and GREAT stick slower than granny though! Haha sorry dude!............Potter is the next best imo.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:Haha! Your killing me, this will never end with you will it. You know apparently baseball has been so bad for so long in Knott County that they also have forgotten how to evaluate talent because most of the kids that transferred over to KCC this year wouldn't even be in the starting lineup for most of the top teams in the region, so I don't know how you can take that and run with it like you did, but in order for them knock off some of the top teams they are going to have to have more than what they have and more than what came over.

I believe that if any of the three individually transferred to a top team in the region they would start. It might be difficult to get ALL THREE in the line-up every day.

Potter, sophomore - would be in the pitching rotation for any team in the region, and could play any position in the outfield, ss, 3b, or 2b. He threw a no-hitter against PCC as a 7th grader. Coach King did a good job of taking care of his pitchers arms last season at JBS. Coach Hammonds, a great coach, was more old school, and when you schedule a tough schedule playing 5-6 games a week you have to be careful not to over pitch kids today. Before the 1990 season there was no pitching limit, not strange to have a 3 man rotation.

King, sophomore - would also be in the pitching rotation for any team in the region, and could play any position on the field. Nice left handed stick - imo, the best hitter in the JBS line-up a year ago.

Adams, freshman - has a lot of upside, can play middle infield and he caught when King pitched. I think he would be in the line-up of any of the top teams as well, depending on who was pitching for them that day.
rawlingsfan Wrote:I believe that if any of the three individually transferred to a top team in the region they would start. It might be difficult to get ALL THREE in the line-up every day.

Potter, sophomore - would be in the pitching rotation for any team in the region, and could play any position in the outfield, ss, 3b, or 2b. He threw a no-hitter against PCC as a 7th grader. Coach King did a good job of taking care of his pitchers arms last season at JBS. Coach Hammonds, a great coach, was more old school, and when you schedule a tough schedule playing 5-6 games a week you have to be careful not to over pitch kids today. Before the 1990 season there was no pitching limit, not strange to have a 3 man rotation.

King, sophomore - would also be in the pitching rotation for any team in the region, and could play any position on the field. Nice left handed stick - imo, the best hitter in the JBS line-up a year ago.

Adams, freshman - has a lot of upside, can play middle infield and he caught when King pitched. I think he would be in the line-up of any of the top teams as well, depending on who was pitching for them that day.

I'm sorry Im not wanting to knock any of these kids but you are giving them a lot more credit than they deserve, or have earned. You can have your opiinion, and that is fine, but I still think that Kincaid would be the only one who would be able to play for the better teams in the region.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:I'm sorry Im not wanting to knock any of these kids but you are giving them a lot more credit than they deserve, or have earned. You can have your opiinion, and that is fine, but I still think that Kincaid would be the only one who would be able to play for the better teams in the region.

All these kids are solid players, and you are entitled to your opinion, I have seen all of them play a lot and I disagree with your opinion. Not sure what you are basing your opinion on but I doubt you've seen them play more than a few games. But I guess that's why they are called opinions. I wish ALL of them the BEST for this upcoming season.
FBIMAN Wrote:All these kids are solid players, and you are entitled to your opinion, I have seen all of them play a lot and I disagree with your opinion. Not sure what you are basing your opinion on but I doubt you've seen them play more than a few games. But I guess that's why they are called opinions. I wish ALL of them the BEST for this upcoming season.

Well I can tell you what I base it on, and it's exactly what most people base it on, and that's talent.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:Well I can tell you what I base it on, and it's exactly what most people base it on, and that's talent.

As you should, but you have to see more than a couple of games to know what they can do. No matter, these kids are all good players in my opinion, and again I hope each of them have their best season ever.
JRS, You evidently dont know talent yourself. So why dont you keep your opinions to yourself. These boys are very solid and only sophomores and Freshmen, and all 3 will play at the next level, unless they choose not too, so its a good thing you dont coach because your judgement of talent is not to keen. Their biggest contribution will be pitching, and any coach knows good pitching can keep you in games. So get off your Peter Gammons high horse and talk about something you actually know about. Everyone can bring up the past. Just ask the Miami Dolphins how they did last year, and look at them now.
Golden Nugget Wrote:JRS, You evidently dont know talent yourself. So why dont you keep your opinions to yourself. These boys are very solid and only sophomores and Freshmen, and all 3 will play at the next level, unless they choose not too, so its a good thing you dont coach because your judgement of talent is not to keen. Their biggest contribution will be pitching, and any coach knows good pitching can keep you in games. So get off your Peter Gammons high horse and talk about something you actually know about. Everyone can bring up the past. Just ask the Miami Dolphins how they did last year, and look at them now.

Wow! So now your comparing Knott County Central to the Miami Dolphins, you people are way out of touch with reality. I do appreciate the Peter Gammons compliment, that means a lot, but there should be a curfew on here for people under a certain age not too be able to post after a certain hour, and if you even knew what you were saying you would even be laughing about your comments too.
i know exactly what he is saying... pitching does win you games an thats what he saying, he just needs to get rid of all that other stuff bout the dolphins
thanks, im glad someone realizes my point. With 3 new pitchers, that makes a huge difference. Maybe the Dolphins thing wasnt a good comparison, but my point on that is, that you cant always look at what happened last year. especially with some new faces in the picture. Anyway, I really dont want to argue this any more. I just feel they will have potential to be a dangerous team. Maybe they wont do as good as I expect, but you have to think they will do much better with the additions they have. And the region shouldnt be all that strong after the top 3 or 4 teams. Right or wrong?
Golden Nugget Wrote:thanks, im glad someone realizes my point. With 3 new pitchers, that makes a huge difference. Maybe the Dolphins thing wasnt a good comparison, but my point on that is, that you cant always look at what happened last year. especially with some new faces in the picture. Anyway, I really dont want to argue this any more. I just feel they will have potential to be a dangerous team. Maybe they wont do as good as I expect, but you have to think they will do much better with the additions they have. And the region shouldnt be all that strong after the top 3 or 4 teams. Right or wrong?

The 14th is never a strong region, usually it is one of the worst regions in the state, but you don't want to play 4th or 5th place. I understand what you are saying but all in all they still have to play the games, so saying that you "hope" and you "think" they will do good is one thing, but already saying they will be a powerhouse or dangerous team is not accurate because they still have to show up and play the games, and who knows what kind of season those kids will have this year, but i wish them well regardless, i have nothing against them at all.
yeah and LCC PCC Hazard and Estill still has to show up and play too. right? I dont think no one said they(KCC) would be a powerhouse. I think it was just said they might be dangerous and could be a top 5-8 team. thats someone's Opinion, which you seem to have an opinion too. I dont think Knott will even be close to as bad as they were last year. Look at their last 8 games or so of the season and add 3 to 5 key players to that. MY OPINION here these would be the other teams competing for the top 8. other than the 4 mentioned above. Powell, Lee, Leslie,Breathitt, and maybe Jackson City or Wolfe? I do honestly think Knott will be in the mix with this caliber of teams and will be able to beat any of them on a given day. So maybe we can revisit this topic at seasons end. Anyway, the season will be here before you know it, I cant wait to get out and watch some games this year.
Golden Nugget Wrote:yeah and LCC PCC Hazard and Estill still has to show up and play too. right? I dont think no one said they(KCC) would be a powerhouse. I think it was just said they might be dangerous and could be a top 5-8 team. thats someone's Opinion, which you seem to have an opinion too. I dont think Knott will even be close to as bad as they were last year. Look at their last 8 games or so of the season and add 3 to 5 key players to that. MY OPINION here these would be the other teams competing for the top 8. other than the 4 mentioned above. Powell, Lee, Leslie,Breathitt, and maybe Jackson City or Wolfe? I do honestly think Knott will be in the mix with this caliber of teams and will be able to beat any of them on a given day. So maybe we can revisit this topic at seasons end. Anyway, the season will be here before you know it, I cant wait to get out and watch some games this year.

Actually im pretty sure you've been saying the would finish a lot higher.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:Actually im pretty sure you've been saying the would finish a lot higher.

I dont think I have ever said that. If you can find where I said that then please show me. Someone else may have but I dont think I did.
Hit&Run32 Wrote:IDK, what many people think, but i think the 56th will be real strong in the regional tourney, with estill and lee having a strong lineups with alot of experience. So watch out for the 56th this year!

Estill has all the experience they need in Coach Woods, Lee is missing experience in coaching, its hard to coach basketball and baseball, the season and conditioning overlap.
hohoho Wrote:Estill has all the experience they need in Coach Woods, Lee is missing experience in coaching, its hard to coach basketball and baseball, the season and conditioning overlap.

I dont think thats the case......Jewell has done pretty good making the region his first 2 seasons in a very competitive district.........if anything lee will not be in the top 3 because of lack of pitching
Golden Nugget Wrote:I dont think I have ever said that. If you can find where I said that then please show me. Someone else may have but I dont think I did.

Oh yea my bad you just compared them to the Miami Dolphins, that's all!
Don't under estimate Powell guys! When have a strong freshman group that went undefeated their whole entire middle school career! I say Powell will surprise a lot of people this year. GO PIRATES!!!!!!!!!![/COLOR]
piratefan24 Wrote:Don't under estimate Powell guys! When have a strong freshman group that went undefeated their whole entire middle school career! I say Powell will surprise a lot of people this year. GO PIRATES!!!!!!!!!![/COLOR]

they were not undefeated there whole middle school career, close but no cigar
piratefan24 Wrote:Don't under estimate Powell guys! When have a strong freshman group that went undefeated their whole entire middle school career! I say Powell will surprise a lot of people this year. GO PIRATES!!!!!!!!!![/COLOR]

There is nothing to underestimate! Powell hasn't made the regional tournament in the past two years, and they have argueablly had one of the best teams in the region the past two years. However, this year they will be at the bottom of the district as one of the 3 and 4 seeds. They need to surprise some people because that program is on the verge of taking a really bad spiral turn downward if they don't change something. I don't even remember the last time Powell failed to make the regional tournament two years in a row, I couldn't even tell you the last time they failed to make the tournament at all before two years ago. That program is really low on talent compared to what they have had in the past, and I look for them to have one of the worst seasons ever at Powell County this year. I hope I am wrong, but I don't think I will be, but I do wish them luck because I would hate to see that program get run into the ground.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:There is nothing to underestimate! Powell hasn't made the regional tournament in the past two years, and they have argueablly had one of the best teams in the region the past two years. However, this year they will be at the bottom of the district as one of the 3 and 4 seeds. They need to surprise some people because that program is on the verge of taking a really bad spiral turn downward if they don't change something. I don't even remember the last time Powell failed to make the regional tournament two years in a row, I couldn't even tell you the last time they failed to make the tournament at all before two years ago. That program is really low on talent compared to what they have had in the past, and I look for them to have one of the worst seasons ever at Powell County this year. I hope I am wrong, but I don't think I will be, but I do wish them luck because I would hate to see that program get run into the ground.
Are you trying to say Coach Varney is running the program into the ground?
JustTrying Wrote:Are you trying to say Coach Varney is running the program into the ground?

Not at all! I have no idea how he is running anything there at Powell, but I do know the talent they have had there the past couple of years, and there was no reason why they should have finished they way they did. I don't know if that has anything to do with Varney or not, it could be that the players just didn't show up, but if you take that, plus everything they have lost after the past two seasons, then it is going on a downward spiral.
After Bryan Dean Left Powell things have gone down hill fast........Minus the one region title of course haha!
LOL..look at gold_glove's reason for editing....
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8