Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 14th Region 2009
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
No offense, but KCC will have to be on the rise. They were pretty much on the bottom last year. LCC has a great coach and some very talented players.
They are going to be tough this year. Just wait and see. And btw check out LCCs schedule this year, very hard one, but this only helps them prepare for tournament time.
thebomb Wrote:No offense, but KCC will have to be on the rise. They were pretty much on the bottom last year. LCC has a great coach and some very talented players.
They are going to be tough this year. Just wait and see. And btw check out LCCs schedule this year, very hard one, but this only helps them prepare for tournament time.

i agree with you Coach Dean is known for loading up his schedule during the regualr season to help his team during tournament time because by the time the post season comes around they have seen most situations. When you have schedules like KCC's it almost like they are more worried about a record than how you finish, and that is the big difference in how LCC is run. coach Dean would rather go 4-32 and win the regional championship than go 32-4 and get beat the first round of the district. It's all a matter of mind set and how you look at things I guess.
Your right they do have to prove it, but you cant say as of right now they are one of the worst teams in the region. Because they have at least 3 new starters coming in, and all three will be there top 3 pitchers, along with 2 or 3 they already had. Just watch out for them, and as for their schedule, its a little weak, but i'd say that was for confidence purposes, and they still face some tough teams in the region, They will prove it this season, im pretty sure of it. I know coach Couch , and he was a heck of a player, and was a catcher at that, and I think catchers make good coaches. If Im not mistaking he played college baseball with coach Dean at ALC.
Golden Nugget Wrote:Your right they do have to prove it, but you cant say as of right now they are one of the worst teams in the region. Because they have at least 3 new starters coming in, and all three will be there top 3 pitchers, along with 2 or 3 they already had. Just watch out for them, and as for their schedule, its a little weak, but i'd say that was for confidence purposes, and they still face some tough teams in the region, They will prove it this season, im pretty sure of it. I know coach Couch , and he was a heck of a player, and was a catcher at that, and I think catchers make good coaches. If Im not mistaking he played college baseball with coach Dean at ALC.

You might want to check your source on the ALC thing, but as far as KCC goes, yes i can consider them one of the worst and so should everyone else until they prove otherwise. Just because you get some transfers doesn't automatically put you in another category, if so why even play the games. There is a lot more that goes into it, and KCC has been on the downfall for quite sometime, and last year was absolutely rock bottom, and like someone else said they don't have a choice but to go up because the only option is to just fold the program because it couldn't get any worse. Who knows what will happen, but as of right now they are one of the worst until they prove to people that they are a different team, and you won't find that out until they games start.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:Well first you have to prove it because as of right now in time they are one of the worst teams in the region and until that changes they always will be.

I agree they do have to earn everyone's respect, including yours, if possible. You seem to be against Knott regardless. So lets see what happens when the season gets going. The 53rd is seeding this year and Letcher and Knott will see each other twice during the year. Maybe then we can see whether Knott deserves any more respect. Letcher is solid, no doubt, they have a good young group that has played together since little league. And Dean is a good coach, not sure if he is "all world" like you repeatedly state on here but he is good.
Lets quit bashing KCC because of last year. From what I am hearing these kids are excited about the upcoming season and lets wait and see what happens.
FBIMAN Wrote:I agree they do have to earn everyone's respect, including yours, if possible. You seem to be against Knott regardless. So lets see what happens when the season gets going. The 53rd is seeding this year and Letcher and Knott will see each other twice during the year. Maybe then we can see whether Knott deserves any more respect. Letcher is solid, no doubt, they have a good young group that has played together since little league. And Dean is a good coach, not sure if he is "all world" like you repeatedly state on here but he is good.
Lets quit bashing KCC because of last year. From what I am hearing these kids are excited about the upcoming season and lets wait and see what happens.

This is rediculus i am not against KCC, im not even from LCC, actually i live no where close to Letcher County, however, fact is fact, and you guys are automatically putting KCC atop the district before the season ever starts, and not even 7 months ago KCC was finishing up a terrible season and the worst in the district. You have put them up on a pedistal before they even play a game, and you can't do that. I am all for waiting until the season starts because they whole argument is stupid. For the record Coach Dean is one of the best coach's in the state and until you are around him and no why people say that about him then you can't knock him because you have proven your thought are entirely biased to begin with.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:This is rediculus i am not against KCC, im not even from LCC, actually i live no where close to Letcher County, however, fact is fact, and you guys are automatically putting KCC atop the district before the season ever starts, and not even 7 months ago KCC was finishing up a terrible season and the worst in the district. You have put them up on a pedistal before they even play a game, and you can't do that. I am all for waiting until the season starts because they whole argument is stupid. For the record Coach Dean is one of the best coach's in the state and until you are around him and no why people say that about him then you can't knock him because you have proven your thought are entirely biased to begin with.

He said Dean was a good coach? Who said KCC was atop the district? I wished you would get your facts straight because Cordia had worse record in district than KCC.
Benchwarmer Wrote:He said Dean was a good coach? Who said KCC was atop the district? I wished you would get your facts straight because Cordia had worse record in district than KCC.

Actually, before you start throwing insults you need to get your facts straight. KCC was 1-3 in the district with their only being against Cordia by a score of 8-3, and Cordia was 1-6 in the district with their only win being against KCC by a score of 15-2. Cordia's overall record was 6-18, KCC's overall record was 2-25, so add in the head to head matchup and Cordia becomes ranked higher than KCC because of the 15-2 score and the overall record. Regardless they are both terrible and two of the worst teams in the region.

Just because Cordia played more district games during the course of the year and KCC only played 4 doesn't make them a better team, one was 1-3 and one was 1-6, and if I was guess i would say if KCC would have played 7 district games their record would have been 1-6 also, but like i said if you really want to get technical about something stupid like this than go ahead, and just in case you want to tell me i don't know what im talking about again heres the link so you can look it up yourself......

http://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/kh...ba08/26911

Can we start talking about teams that actually matter now?
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:Actually, before you start throwing insults you need to get your facts straight. KCC was 1-3 in the district with their only being against Cordia by a score of 8-3, and Cordia was 1-6 in the district with their only win being against KCC by a score of 15-2. Cordia's overall record was 6-18, KCC's overall record was 2-25, so add in the head to head matchup and Cordia becomes ranked higher than KCC because of the 15-2 score and the overall record. Regardless they are both terrible and two of the worst teams in the region.

Just because Cordia played more district games during the course of the year and KCC only played 4 doesn't make them a better team, one was 1-3 and one was 1-6, and if I was guess i would say if KCC would have played 7 district games their record would have been 1-6 also, but like i said if you really want to get technical about something stupid like this than go ahead, and just in case you want to tell me i don't know what im talking about again heres the link so you can look it up yourself......

http://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/kh...ba08/26911

Can we start talking about teams that actually matter now?

Why did you bring up regional and overall records? You are the one who brought up district play and Cordia. Know you bring up IF KCC had played 7 district games they would have lost. How do you know? KCC 1-3 in district play 33% winning percentage. Cordia 1-6 in district play that is 16% winning percentage.
Benchwarmer Wrote:He said Dean was a good coach? Who said KCC was atop the district? I wished you would get your facts straight because Cordia had worse record in district than KCC.

Benchwarmer Wrote:Why did you bring up regional and overall records? You are the one who brought up district play and Cordia. Know you bring up IF KCC had played 7 district games they would have lost. How do you know? KCC 1-3 in district play 33% winning percentage. Cordia 1-6 in district play that is 16% winning percentage.

Actually you are the one who brought up Cordia just look at your first post to me. Do you just forget or are you just trying to be like that on purpose? Those winning percentages don't mean anything because in order to get placement you have to take head to head and overall records because they didn't play the same amount of district games. Look your obviously a kid so im not going to waste my time arguing about this anymore, because quite frankly neither one of these teams are worth arguing about and it's really getting on my nerves arguing with someone who doesn't know what their talking about. So let's just leave it at this and not argue anymore.
You know you may not always agree with the slim rabbit, but you gotta respect him.
Kyboy13 Wrote:You know you may not always agree with the slim rabbit, but you gotta respect him.

Haha, thanks buddy for coming to my defense....
Lol no problemo......
Kyboy13 Wrote:You know you may not always agree with the slim rabbit, but you gotta respect him.

Respect what? That he get on here and downs kids? I guess he can't be happy since Powell Co. was a better team than LCC was last year.
Benchwarmer Wrote:Respect what? That he get on here and downs kids? I guess he can't be happy since Powell Co. was a better team than LCC was last year.

Im not downing any kids! I am just stating the facts about what your talking about, im sorry if you don't agree with what im saying but there's no reason to try and take personal shots at people. If you want to have a discussion we can, if you want to have a ****ing contest then i'm really not interested.

Powell County had a good team last year and they should have actually made it farther than they did, and with LCC as young as they were yea they were probably better last year than LCC. I don't know what that has to do with anything but i agree with you about that.
Benchwarmer Wrote:Respect what? That he get on here and downs kids? I guess he can't be happy since Powell Co. was a better team than LCC was last year.

Lol your nuts man he's probaly the only person on this forum who makes a pick and can actually support it eith facts..........Unlike somke people who just pick their team..........I mean i don't know JRS or even know were he's from(some where 200 mile away from letcher co. or at least so he says lol) but atleast he makes educated non bias picks............so yea I respect him unlike you an immature kid.

Lol your nuts man he's probaly the only person on this forum who makes a pick and can actually support it with facts..........Unlike somke people who just pick their team..........I mean i don't know JRS or even know were he's from(some where 200 mile away from letcher co. or at least so he says lol) but atleast he makes educated non bias picks............so yea I respect him unlike you an immature kid.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:Im not downing any kids! I am just stating the facts about what your talking about, im sorry if you don't agree with what im saying but there's no reason to try and take personal shots at people. If you want to have a discussion we can, if you want to have a ****ing contest then i'm really not interested.

Powell County had a good team last year and they should have actually made it farther than they did, and with LCC as young as they were yea they were probably better last year than LCC. I don't know what that has to do with anything but i agree with you about that.

You are the one that is taking cheap shots at KCC. Cheap shots at kids that are working to get better. They don't need people on here telling them they are rock bottom kids, like you said. You know an awful lot about a coach (LCC Coach) that is 200 miles away?
Kyboy13 Wrote:Lol your nuts man he's probaly the only person on this forum who makes a pick and can actually support it with facts..........Unlike somke people who just pick their team..........I mean i don't know JRS or even know were he's from(some where 200 mile away from letcher co. or at least so he says lol) but atleast he makes educated non bias picks............so yea I respect him unlike you an immature kid.

Go ahead and respect a man that sets behind a computer and tells kids that they are awful and bottom feeders that can't get any better.
Its a fact that KCC is at rock bottom.........doesn't get much worse than 2 wins, so why gt so tore up just let it go....... I dunno if you play at KCC but I'm pretty goo friends with a couple kids over there and they'll plain tell ya they stunk last year, but they know there gonna get better this year so calm down...... sometimes the truth hurts.
Benchwarmer Wrote:You are the one that is taking cheap shots at KCC. Cheap shots at kids that are working to get better. They don't need people on here telling them they are rock bottom kids, like you said. You know an awful lot about a coach (LCC Coach) that is 200 miles away?

I have never once said anything about a kid being a bottom feeder. I have said that the team was, but never once pointed any individual kid, and I never will. Your obviously trying very hard to figure out who i am, and I can tell you that it is really a lost cause. If you want to pm i will tell you who i am, but just to ease your mind no, I have no associations with LCC other than the fact that I do know one of their football coaches. That is the only thing about LCC i am connected to.

I really can't believe a moderator hasn't shut you up yet to be honest.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:I have never once said anything about a kid being a bottom feeder. I have said that the team was, but never once pointed any individual kid, and I never will. Your obviously trying very hard to figure out who i am, and I can tell you that it is really a lost cause. If you want to pm i will tell you who i am, but just to ease your mind no, I have no associations with LCC other than the fact that I do know one of their football coaches. That is the only thing about LCC i am connected to.

I really can't believe a moderator hasn't shut you up yet to be honest.

Shut me up for what? Taking up for some kids. I don't care who you are. All teams start out with a 0-0 record so let the chips fall as they may. If KCC is one of the worse teams this year so be it. I wish all teams good luck in the future. I know that last years records mean nothing and some teams will be better than last.
Benchwarmer Wrote:Shut me up for what? Taking up for some kids. I don't care who you are. All teams start out with a 0-0 record so let the chips fall as they may. If KCC is one of the worse teams this year so be it. I wish all teams good luck in the future. I know that last years records mean nothing and some teams will be better than last.

Good! Then please stop trying to make remarks regarding who I am because all your doing is making a fool out of yourself.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:Good! Then please stop trying to make remarks regarding who I am because all your doing is making a fool out of yourself.

Fool? I was not trying to make remarks about who you are. It's called sarcasm-Coaches are always right.
Benchwarmer Wrote:Fool? I was not trying to make remarks about who you are. It's called sarcasm-Coaches are always right.

Ok then.........
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:This is rediculus i am not against KCC, im not even from LCC, actually i live no where close to Letcher County, however, fact is fact, and you guys are automatically putting KCC atop the district before the season ever starts, and not even 7 months ago KCC was finishing up a terrible season and the worst in the district. You have put them up on a pedistal before they even play a game, and you can't do that. I am all for waiting until the season starts because they whole argument is stupid. For the record Coach Dean is one of the best coach's in the state and until you are around him and no why people say that about him then you can't knock him because you have proven your thought are entirely biased to begin with.

If you say your not anti-KCC then I'll take your word for it, your posts seem to IMO to say otherwise. I'm not trying to say KCC is jumping to tops in the Region, but if you have watched these new kids they have coming in and understand that KCC does have some good players already there you should admit they will be much improved. Considering the district they are in it will be between LCC and KCC to decide the district.
LCC is the top team in the district until someone beats them which I don't think has occured since they consolidated. I didn't knock Coach Dean and never have, again I agree Coach Dean is a good coach, I've seen his teams play for several years and they are fundamentally solid and play the right way.
I will state I think by the time district comes around this year KCC will be ready and it will be a game to see between them and LCC for the district title this year.
Coach Couch will do a good job at KCC. With the addition of the three players from JBS, and a regular season under Couch, KCC will not be an easy out for anyone in the regional tournament. Which will be good for the 53rd District as a whole.
FBIMAN Wrote:If you say your not anti-KCC then I'll take your word for it, your posts seem to IMO to say otherwise. I'm not trying to say KCC is jumping to tops in the Region, but if you have watched these new kids they have coming in and understand that KCC does have some good players already there you should admit they will be much improved. Considering the district they are in it will be between LCC and KCC to decide the district.
LCC is the top team in the district until someone beats them which I don't think has occured since they consolidated. I didn't knock Coach Dean and never have, again I agree Coach Dean is a good coach, I've seen his teams play for several years and they are fundamentally solid and play the right way.
I will state I think by the time district comes around this year KCC will be ready and it will be a game to see between them and LCC for the district title this year.

We can disagree and just because we disagree doesn't mean that I am anti anything. That's what people on here don't realize. Just because you make a factual statement about a team that may not be favorable doesn't mean you are anti that team.
JRS, just for your info, my source is straight from the horses mouth. The 2 coaches did play a season or two together at ALC. But none of this really matters. Knott County will not be in the basement this year, or for that matter wont be near it. They will easily be a top 10 team, maybe top 5-8. Wait and see.
Golden Nugget Wrote:JRS, just for your info, my source is straight from the horses mouth. The 2 coaches did play a season or two together at ALC. But none of this really matters. Knott County will not be in the basement this year, or for that matter wont be near it. They will easily be a top 10 team, maybe top 5-8. Wait and see.

Im not saying he didn't play there, I am saying there is a big difference in playing and being a part of a team, but that makes no difference anyway. The only Top 5 Knott County is going to be in this year will be the Top 5 in Knott County. There is no way they will be one of the top 5 teams in the region.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8