Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 14th Region 2009
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Yeah ur extreme exaggeration is really funny haha
powell has talent this year and they will have a good shot this year
Protect_This_House26 Wrote:Agree totally.

taylor swift sucks at singing
L-MAC#1 Wrote:powell has talent this year and they will have a good shot this year

so r urs hurtin yet
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:I think they will too, but the extreme exaggeration helped to make my point, haha!

I understand completely. Smile
643DP Wrote:I believe Powell will win more than six games, but still some good points. :thumpsup:

Me too. They DID lose some good players but return some talent. Coach Varney does a good job of preparing his kids for the season and I expect them to have a decent year. The 14th will be full of teams who could pull off some upsets. But JRS does bring up some valid points.
I ball like swoosh Wrote:taylor swift sucks at singing

TAKE IT BACK
Its' really a toss up this year. Everyone has a lot of talent at key positions but its about who gets on their streak and when... Main thing is to keep everyone healthy.
Yoshi#3 Wrote:Its' really a toss up this year. Everyone has a lot of talent at key positions but its about who gets on their streak and when... Main thing is to keep everyone healthy.

i agree with you on this one yoshi
I think a young Letcher Central team, behind one of the best coaches in the state in Bryan Dean, will win the region this year. But Hazard, Perry Central and Estill County will also be knocking on the door as well.
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:I think a young Letcher Central team, behind one of the best coaches in the state in Bryan Dean, will win the region this year. But Hazard, Perry Central and Estill County will also be knocking on the door as well.

With Freeman on the mound I would say Estill is the favorite, But I agree, it should come down to those four teams.
Lcc New Field Looks Like It Will Be Homer Friendly. Lcc Will Be Tough To Beat At Home. Brock Can Throw Smoke.
I agree with kymom regarding Boggs kid. He's one of the best incoming freshman around. Big asset for PCC! Watched him play in regional and he's got a terrific arm and knows what to do with the ball.
Protect_This_House26 Wrote:TAKE IT BACK

Smile
IMO Estill will win region.
Protect_This_House26 Wrote:TAKE IT BACK
she sucks, but her looks make up for it Smile
Hazard will be much stronger than expected.... they have 4 or 5 power hitters and from what i here there fielding is going to be great so watch out for hazard to make a run at the region championship
Bigthings11 Wrote:Hazard will be much stronger than expected.... they have 4 or 5 power hitters and from what i here there fielding is going to be great so watch out for hazard to make a run at the region championship

I think that is very possible, and I also think with the talent that LCC has coming up and the simple fact that they have the best coach in the region leading them, they will have a great shot at winning their 2nd title in 3 years...
I have to agree with Estill winning the 56th but if there is any team to make the upset it has to be Lee. Lee is a very good team and could make a run if not win the 14th region All A this year. I have to give credit to Estill but cannot wait for the season to start.
I have to agree that LCC will be tough this year, with them not losing but one player last year and they got a transfer from JBS who was probably one of their best hitters last year.
IDK, what many people think, but i think the 56th will be real strong in the regional tourney, with estill and lee having a strong lineups with alot of experience. So watch out for the 56th this year!
Hit&Run32 Wrote:IDK, what many people think, but i think the 56th will be real strong in the regional tourney, with estill and lee having a strong lineups with alot of experience. So watch out for the 56th this year!

The 56th use to have 3 teams that were generall strong every year, but now they really only have Estill. Lee doesn't have the pitching to win or make a very good showing in the region, and Powell hasn't even made the regional tournament the past two seasons. They have really dropped off the map since Dean left, and well Owsley just won't ever be any good just based on geographical reasons.
I wouldn't count the 53rd district out of anything yet they have 2 teams in KCC and LCC that could easily compete for the region. KCC finally got king eligible and lcc is solid at every position. So don't count either one of these teams out.
baseballfan24 Wrote:I wouldn't count the 53rd district out of anything yet they have 2 teams in KCC and LCC that could easily compete for the region. KCC finally got king eligible and lcc is solid at every position. So don't count either one of these teams out.

I don't think anyone has counted them out, what are you talking about? As a matter of fact there are a lot of posts on here that say LCC has a shot at winning the region this year, that is hardly counting them out, but to say that KCC has that same shot is a little crazy. They barely won a game last year, and i know they are turning things around there, but that is not going to happen in one season, it will take atleast 2 or 3 possibly 4 depending on the talent pool.
I disagree jbs played lcc to a 3-0 game in the district finals with king on the mound and knott got three of jbs's best players. Knott played a tough schedule last year also. KCC also has mullins returning who is a very talented player. The other young players also gained a ton of experiance against good teams. So don't underestmate this talented KCC team.
Yeah I think Knott will be a pretty descent team this year but definately not a title contender...........their still the second best team in the 53rd, and probably will be as long as dean is at letcher. But, yeah they could definatley pick off a team in region with potter on the mound.
It will be Estill and PCC in the run for the title this year
baseballfan24 Wrote:I disagree jbs played lcc to a 3-0 game in the district finals with king on the mound and knott got three of jbs's best players. Knott played a tough schedule last year also. KCC also has mullins returning who is a very talented player. The other young players also gained a ton of experiance against good teams. So don't underestmate this talented KCC team.

Hard schedule? You can't be serious? This is hardly a tough schedule, and I would even go as far as saying it is probably one of the easiest schedule I have seen in awhile. For everyone else who would like to see who they played last season here is the link.

http://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/kh.../?id=26983

The only two games KCC won all year was against South Floyd, who did not win one game the entire year, and Cordia, who had KCC on their schedule so many times only because they thought it would be an easy win for them.

These are not exactly the teams that people should be talking about as contenders. That's just a crazy thought all together..
JRS you seem to be an expert in all areas. KCC will have the same battery that held LCC to 3 runs in district last year, plus they will have a better supporting cast this year, so dont act like LCC will dominate KCC this year. Those days are over Im afraid. KCC is on the rise for several years. It may take them a while getting started with their new coach and all, but look for Coach Couch to have them ready by tournament time. they will compete with the best teams in the region, they may not win it but they should be in the thick of it with their pitching. KCC shouldnt have the problems they have had in the past of not getting the players out. Dont get me wrong, LCC is probably better right now and will be a top 3 team this year, just dont underestimate the KCC team, they have good YOUNG talent that should keep them in the hunt for the next 4 years at least.
Golden Nugget Wrote:JRS you seem to be an expert in all areas. KCC will have the same battery that held LCC to 3 runs in district last year, plus they will have a better supporting cast this year, so dont act like LCC will dominate KCC this year. Those days are over Im afraid. KCC is on the rise for several years. It may take them a while getting started with their new coach and all, but look for Coach Couch to have them ready by tournament time. they will compete with the best teams in the region, they may not win it but they should be in the thick of it with their pitching. KCC shouldnt have the problems they have had in the past of not getting the players out. Dont get me wrong, LCC is probably better right now and will be a top 3 team this year, just dont underestimate the KCC team, they have good YOUNG talent that should keep them in the hunt for the next 4 years at least.

Well first you have to prove it because as of right now in time they are one of the worst teams in the region and until that changes they always will be.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8