Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 14th Region 2009
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
I don't see how anybody can say Estill is not the preseason favorite because they are! They picked the region apart last year but like I've said a million times it always comes down to 4 or 5 teams that can win on any given night..... even last yr estill when estill did pretty much dominate they were only one or two breaks away's from losing on several occasions....... they were stacked last yr and lost alot.....IMO this region is about as even as it gets.
Baseballkid10 Wrote:Estill no doubt in my mind, and the 2nd place could be between powell or lee. Owlsey hasnt had the best of seasons the past couple years.

i think powell would have to do some serious reconstruction if they wanna make it regions... they lost alot of good players
Kyboy13 Wrote:My friend did you watch any games in the 14th last year????? Your lack of knowledge frustrates me.

Yes, Perry will be good and possibly the preseason fav. but by no means will they walk through the region........Letcher Co. played PC to a one run game in the region tourny. R. Brock pitched the majority of the game for the Cougars. Also Cook who was the only player letcher lost had no hits and an error so basicly Letcher Co. played Perry to a ONE run game with the help of only returning players. IMO if you match Letcher up to Perry position to position the cougars win. Also lets not forget the fact they have Bryan Dean in the dugout who is by far the best coach in the 14th. Also Perry lost to a weaker Hazard team last year who lost only 2 players. Perry nor Estill, Hazard, or Letcher will walk through th region NO ONE WILL! As always the 14th will have an entertaining season full of upsets, heartbreaker losses, and total meltdowns! However in the end it will come down to 4 or 5 teams who can pick one another off on any given day. I can literally not wait wait until Feb. This year has the potiental to be a great one for alot of teams! Good luck to all!.......IMO Letcher Co. Central Cougars win 2nd region title in 3 yrs.

No way Letcher wins region. Perry has a much better shot because they are the more rounded team. No one in the region has an infield as stacked. Napier and Goodson are some of the best players in the region. Napier getting my vote for either 1 or 2. Ashworth is a good catcher. Jordan Amis is very good also. So if Perry and Letcher play, as long as perry plays how they are supposed to....it wouldn't be very pretty for letcher.
frankie21 Wrote:No way Letcher wins region. Perry has a much better shot because they are the more rounded team. No one in the region has an infield as stacked. Napier and Goodson are some of the best players in the region. Napier getting my vote for either 1 or 2. Ashworth is a good catcher. Jordan Amis is very good also. So if Perry and Letcher play, as long as perry plays how they are supposed to....it wouldn't be very pretty for letcher.

They both have the same basicly the same teams back this year. last year they bet letcher by one run on a game LCC should have won!......also they played early in the season which ended I think in the 3rd because of rain and it was all tied.........Amis and ashworth are avg. players thats obvious if you watch them play.......goodson is good and Napier's very good. But there's no better coached team east of Lexington than Letcher and they return 8 starters..... Smith outplays ashworth behind the plate anyday.......and sextons a great shortstop......just as good defensively as napier.....(flash back to 14th region semi finals 07' sexton as a 8th grader! 4 attempts no error's to napier's two E's) also letcher has the best defensive center fielder in the region in chase adams.......Letcher won't be a flashy team....they never are but they'll be solid at every postion and won't make many errors......throw in coach Bryan Dean and he'll have his team pumped, drilled, and ready to play. This will be a team extremly similar to the regional championship team. They'll play error less small ball that I believe will lead them to their second regional title. It takes a team to win not a bunch of goood players. Napier no matter ho good he is can't do it alone......and niether can freeman from estill......Letcher will be the best TEAM imo
Kyboy13 Wrote:They both have the same basicly the same teams back this year. last year they bet letcher by one run on a game LCC should have won!......also they played early in the season which ended I think in the 3rd because of rain and it was all tied.........Amis and ashworth are avg. players thats obvious if you watch them play.......goodson is good and Napier's very good. But there's no better coached team east of Lexington than Letcher and they return 8 starters..... Smith outplays ashworth behind the plate anyday.......and sextons a great shortstop......just as good defensively as napier.....(flash back to 14th region semi finals 07' sexton as a 8th grader! 4 attempts no error's to napier's two E's) also letcher has the best defensive center fielder in the region in chase adams.......Letcher won't be a flashy team....they never are but they'll be solid at every postion and won't make many errors......throw in coach Bryan Dean and he'll have his team pumped, drilled, and ready to play. This will be a team extremly similar to the regional championship team. They'll play error less small ball that I believe will lead them to their second regional title. It takes a team to win not a bunch of goood players. Napier no matter ho good he is can't do it alone......and niether can freeman from estill......Letcher will be the best TEAM imo

I think this is the best post on this thread. It is very true that napier and freeman cant make their teams win. so i still say no1 has even earned a spot in the title game yet... It will be a great year to watch the 14th region
Kyboy13 Wrote:They both have the same basicly the same teams back this year. last year they bet letcher by one run on a game LCC should have won!......also they played early in the season which ended I think in the 3rd because of rain and it was all tied.........Amis and ashworth are avg. players thats obvious if you watch them play.......goodson is good and Napier's very good. But there's no better coached team east of Lexington than Letcher and they return 8 starters..... Smith outplays ashworth behind the plate anyday.......and sextons a great shortstop......just as good defensively as napier.....(flash back to 14th region semi finals 07' sexton as a 8th grader! 4 attempts no error's to napier's two E's) also letcher has the best defensive center fielder in the region in chase adams.......Letcher won't be a flashy team....they never are but they'll be solid at every postion and won't make many errors......throw in coach Bryan Dean and he'll have his team pumped, drilled, and ready to play. This will be a team extremly similar to the regional championship team. They'll play error less small ball that I believe will lead them to their second regional title. It takes a team to win not a bunch of goood players. Napier no matter ho good he is can't do it alone......and niether can freeman from estill......Letcher will be the best TEAM imo

I agree with you in one respect. Dean is a great coach. But best east of Lexington....that may be stretching it. There are some great coaches in the 16th. Boyd's Ben Maynard is a very good coach. Taking his team to the final four recently. And I also agree with Napier and Freeman not being able to carry a team on their own. And letcher does have a good team no doubt to that. Great team idk about that. Maybe eventually because to my understanding they are still young. Being as good as their region chamoionship team idk about that either. Tucker, Hogg, and Adams were very good. Along with the pitcher( can't remember the name but I knwo he is at cumberland). They were a [B]Great[B] team. They were also playing inspired baseball. That team beat me in the region tournament that year they won it . But first off....whether that freshman played errorless ball or not...DEFENSE DOES NOT SCORE RUNS IN BASEBALL...and no one in the region could produce like Napier at the plate. And with the right hitters in front of him like AMIS a solid lead off guy with good contact and speed and ASHWORTH an also very solid two guy with gap to gap power and good contact. Perry Central will have a very good team this year and improved form last year. Letcher and PCC i think will be the best TEAMS in the region. But it is to early to tell which one will be better. That will have to be decided on gameday. Which I am very much looking forward to. It will be a very good year in the 14th.
frankie21 Wrote:No way Letcher wins region. Perry has a much better shot because they are the more rounded team. No one in the region has an infield as stacked. Napier and Goodson are some of the best players in the region. Napier getting my vote for either 1 or 2. Ashworth is a good catcher. Jordan Amis is very good also. So if Perry and Letcher play, as long as perry plays how they are supposed to....it wouldn't be very pretty for letcher.

And what if LCC plays to there potential as well? Only time shall tell. Like mentioned previously, going to be a VERY FUN year in the 14th this year..
Baseballer Wrote:didnt they get like a million dollar field?

Yes they did. I will make a update post on the thread to show pictures.
cougarpride08 Wrote:Yes they did. I will make a update post on the thread to show pictures.

post it on thread that asks for pics of baseball fields
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:[/B]

And what if LCC plays to there potential as well? Only time shall tell. Like mentioned previously, going to be a VERY FUN year in the 14th this year..

That will only make for a more exciting game. If one of the teams doesn't show up to play then it could get ugly.
frankie21 Wrote:That will only make for a more exciting game. If one of the teams doesn't show up to play then it could get ugly.

Teams can have off days guys, if all teams play to their potential it will be a good Tourny. Estill, PCC, LCC, Hazard and whoever else, the 14th is a tough region.
I'd also like to add that here at Estill we beefed up our schedule a bit. We play Lex Catholic twice in regular season this year, we also play Beechwood. How do you guys feel abou Estill vs. Lex Catholic i know catholic lost some good guys
Catholic is always loaded but id say 8 to 3 Catholic
I think we made a statement when we played Bryan Station and won. This year we play dunbar and shelby county. Coach Dean isn't afraid to play anyone in the state.
Baseballkid10 Wrote:Estill no doubt in my mind, and the 2nd place could be between powell or lee. Owlsey hasnt had the best of seasons the past couple years.

i think that powell will win it and estill will be second
jammin33 Wrote:i think that powell will win it and estill will be second

honestly, Estill blows the District out of the water IMO. and powell probably takes 2nd with Lee then owsley. If you remember last year, Lee upset powell and Estill went on to Mercy Lee.
lcc will surprise everyone. Having some kids playing in the fall season helps.
I think Powell should be a little bit higher then 9
youcantseeme85 Wrote:I think Powell should be a little bit higher then 9

powell should be higher than 9th, they have the same record as pcc. The 56th district is tough guys. Give em some credit. Im from Estill and i even think they should be at least 5
Baseballkid10 Wrote:powell should be higher than 9th, they have the same record as pcc. The 56th district is tough guys. Give em some credit. Im from Estill and i even think they should be at least 5

Yes they should be.. They are returning some good players in Rison, Dotson, Mastin, Creech, Reed... Good luck to the Pirates this year!!!
Powell should be way higher then 9th. I mean come on seriously.
i say they we were puit 9th becuz 4-9th is a toss up and they think we cant recover the loses of the five seniors last year
catsfan08 Wrote:i say they we were puit 9th becuz 4-9th is a toss up and they think we cant recover the loses of the five seniors last year

Estill loss 5 seniors and 4 starters. They return loads of talent but we lost just as much players as powell and we still remain 2nd? wtf give powell some cred.
Baseballkid10 Wrote:Estill loss 5 seniors and 4 starters. They return loads of talent but we lost just as much players as powell and we still remain 2nd? wtf give powell some cred.

I agree with you man. Powell is getting ripped with them ratings.
Baseballkid10 Wrote:Estill loss 5 seniors and 4 starters. They return loads of talent but we lost just as much players as powell and we still remain 2nd? wtf give powell some cred.

the funny part is.... A kid from estill said that lol
this is my last post on baseball guys, i apologize if i said anything rude. cant wait till this year starts cya out there.
good luck cougars. I know you guys are working hard in the off season. Can't wait till season starts.

If powell wants credit I guess they are going to have to earn it.
frankie21 Wrote:If powell wants credit I guess they are going to have to earn it.

I'd say they will earn it this year. They may be young but I think they will surprise some people and be contenders in the 14th region.
balla03 Wrote:I'd say they will earn it this year. They may be young but I think they will surprise some people and be contenders in the 14th region.

i completely agree with you
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8