Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Big Sandy Fans Let's talk football!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Over here in Letcher County we are able to keep up with Perry County, Hazard and Sebastian but we are not hearing much about the Johnson Central, Martin Co, and Belfry's Junior High programs. If you are a proud fan tell us all how their seasons are coming along.

Right now the Cougar Junior High team is 3-0 with big wins against Clark County, Hazard and Sebastian. They have got a real hard test this coming Thursday against a loaded New Harlan team on the road. This could tell us how strong the Cougar team really is.
Lambert #1 Wrote:Over here in Letcher County we are able to keep up with Perry County, Hazard and Sebastian but we are not hearing much about the Johnson Central, Martin Co, and Belfry's Junior High programs. If you are a proud fan tell us all how their seasons are coming along.

Right now the Cougar Junior High team is 3-0 with big wins against Clark County, Hazard and Sebastian. They have got a real hard test this coming Thursday against a loaded New Harlan team on the road. This could tell us how strong the Cougar team really is.

Paintsville had a rough outing against P-Burg 28-0, They have Hazard coming up. how good r they? This same bunch of Tigers beat them when they was in 5th and 6th grade football 2 years ago. But they also beat P-Burg when they were in 5-6 grade. Whats the scouting report?
ThugLife,
Well I only watched half the game and left because of a total monsoon. When I left Letcher Central was up 24-0. The score ended up being 36-6 and the Cougars were able to run the football pretty much at will. The rain may have played a part in the score though. Hazard possibly has the best QB I've seen in the mountains in a long time in the Olinger kid. He's big and physical on both sides of the ball and throws a real nice pass. They went from that spread and I'm sure if they meet again it will be a different ballgame. They have two or three really talented backs that are really quick but the rain seemed to hurt them more than the Cougars. Hazard was picked early as the favorite in the Big Sandy for a reason and I'm sure they will bounce back like they always seem to do after a loss. Coach Lyndon has his kids prepared on both sides of the ball and you will be in for a real good game in my opinion.