Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Norfolk St. vs. Kentucky - Sept. 6
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
First UK home game of the 2008 season, hopefully the offense will be able to move the ball against a weak D-2 opponent. I expect the defense to totally dominate this game also.

Me & BlackcatFootball will be making the trip to this one, anyone else going?

UK- 41
NSU- 0
Ill say UK-28 Nst-14
I am going...Tailgating early!
38-3 Uk
Uk - 35
Nfst - 7
I just hope this game is on tv in lville.
UK-42
Norfolk St.-6
I will be going to this game. This is my first season as a season ticket holder. Hope the offense makes some improvements.
UK-42
Norfolk-7
I look for UK to move the ball better after watching film and so forth.

Does anyone know when Aaron Boyd will return? I heard he may be back for this game.

Ohh....and UK by 35+.
Just wondering... do we really need a poll for who we think will win? Big Grin

Maybe the poll should be for margin of victory. I'll say that Hartline and the running game both get to stretch out a bit, and Randall Cobb plays several snaps at QB. Cats by 38.

Kentucky 45
Norfolk St. 7
UK-34
Norfolk State- 10
This will be a great game for UK to work on their offense.
Giving to much credit to UK. I know we beat lville but lville sucks.
Kentucky!! Go Cats!!
I'm gonna say UK gets a shutout.

UK-42

Norfolk St-0
RavenBoy Wrote:Giving to much credit to UK. I know we beat lville but lville sucks.

So does Norfolk State Big Grin
I'll be there, as I too purchased season tickets. I look for UK to pick up where we left off defensively. Also, I think the offense will be much improved. The Louisville game showed us some weak points and we will learn from them...but I'm not too disapointed by the offensive struggles from yesterday. The Cards have a new DC from Michigan and were just shooting gaps that took away a lot of the inside running game we have been used to....but Louisville and Norfolk St. aren't the same teams. UK by as many as they want.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:First UK home game of the 2008 season, hopefully the offense will be able to move the ball against a weak D-2 opponent. I expect the defense to totally dominate this game also.

Me & BlackcatFootball will be making the trip to this one, anyone else going?

UK- 41
NSU- 0

Norfolk St. is a really fast team, no way we'll shut them out. They are a powerhouse in D1AA, I think that's what they're in.

UK 38
N St. 14
vundy33 Wrote:Norfolk St. is a really fast team, no way we'll shut them out. They are a powerhouse in D1AA, I think that's what they're in.

UK 38
N St. 14

I don't think they're a powerhouse, they went 8-3 last season with losses to Rutgers (59-0), Howard (17-10), and Delaware St. (28-21).

2007- 8-3
2006- 4-7
2005- 4-7
2004- 1-8
2003- 1-11
2002- 5-6

Doesn't look like no D-2 powerhouse to me.

Their offensive stats aren't so good either after their win over Virginia State.

Passing:
D. Brown - 12-30 126yds 1td

Rushing:
D. Branche - 20 carries 90yds 3tds

Total offense: 378
Total Defense: 103 (did give up 122yds rushing to VSU's Hampton)

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId=282432450
Kentucky wins 28-7 in a sluggish game.
I can't wait for this once since its the home opener. Guys that are going, don't forget about the Cat Walk.

Kentucky will get it's offense worked out a little, and they win 45-10.
Cats will beat Norfolk, but it will be ugly...I'll say 41-17
UK-45
N. St-10
Go Cats 30+
After the amazing defense I saw on the Louisville game they will dominate norfolk!
I bet Norfolk St is better than Lville.
I'll be there at this game as well, up at the main top but still there lol..
I'll say Cats struggle a little with the offense but still comes out on top 31-7
RavenBoy Wrote:I bet Norfolk St is better than Lville.

I'll take you up on that bet. Smile No way Norfolk St. is better than L-ville. With that being said.. I say UK wins by as many as they want.

UK-45 Norfolk St.-10 (late points)
UK by 5 td's
I just hope there is a big crowd. In the past there would always be a big drop off in attendance when weaker non conference teams would come into Lexington. That doesn't happen with the elite programs in the country.
Pages: 1 2