Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Bluegrass Conference
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Who are some of the best teams in this conference? Who should win it?
Scott County won the North Division last year. Madison Middle won the south. Elkhorn should be a contender also.
Clark Middle usually plays for the championship in this conference.
I think that Scott County is the best team in the Northern division. What does the southern side of the conference look like? Madison took the 7th grade championship last year.
McNabb beat Clark Middle 26-6 in the 7th grade game, and 49-34 in the 8th grade game last week. Madison and Clark-Moores are always tough in the Southern Division. Last season McNabb and Madison played in the 7th grade championship after McNabb beat Scott Co. in a close game. the top 3 teams in the South are all pretty close.
I saw Scott Co. beat Clark-Moores 26-8 through three quarters. the game wasn't even close. Scott County must be pretty good.
I hope that we can develop a nice rivalry with some of the local teams surrounding the Shelby, Anderson, Oldham, Henry, Scott and Franklin County area. We're always looking for games at Shelby West Middle School

Indians40

Who won between Madison and Bourbon County 7th and 8th grade?
madison won. any other scores or news from this conference?
new harlan patroits is the best this team is 7-0 and can play with anyone... with backs big as trucks to tailback 5'11 190 Turner #5 5'10 210 Boggs #25 and 5'9 225 Lewis #19 best backs in eastern kentucky
New Harlan is not in the Bluegrass Conference. As far as other news, McNabb and Bourbon are tied for first in the 7th grade Southern Division, and there is a tie in the 8th grade between 4 teams (Madison, McNabb, Clark, and Clark Moores). I'm not sure how the Northern Division is shaking out.
just because you have big kids doesnt mean anything. whoever new harlan is would not match up with the speed of lexington or louisville schools.

the conference standings for the northern side of the bluegrass are as follows

NORTHERN DIVISION

1. GEORGETOWN (5-0)
1. ELKHORN (5-0)
3. SCOTT COUNTY (4-1)
4. WEST JESSAMINE( 3-2)
5. WOODFORD COUNTY(2-3)
6. ROYAL SPRINGS (1-3)
7. HARRISON COUNTY (0-5)
7. EAST JESSAMINE ( 0-5)

elkhorn and georgetown play this week
Quote:just because you have big kids doesnt mean anything. whoever new harlan is would not match up with the speed of lexington or louisville schools.

Easy there big guy..... let's not let the post of one over zealous middle schooler make you say things you don't know anything about.
I have seen new harlan play along with other eastern ky teams (corbin, meece etc). i have also saw loads of central kentucky teams play. there is just a different level of football being played. more speed more athletes in lexington, louisville and surrounding counties.
New Harlan Beat a school in Lex. Last year or the year before 55-7. Just a fact, they can compete!
I would love to take a New Harlan, Letcher Central, Bell, or a Johnson Central team and go play some flat landers. Mountain football is on the rise. Can I get a witness?!

Quote:whoever new harlan is

When did you see them play? You talked like you had never heard of them?
newballcoach08 Wrote:just because you have big kids doesnt mean anything. whoever new harlan is would not match up with the speed of lexington or louisville schools.

the conference standings for the northern side of the bluegrass are as follows

NORTHERN DIVISION

1. GEORGETOWN (5-0)
1. ELKHORN (5-0)
3. SCOTT COUNTY (4-1)
4. WEST JESSAMINE( 3-2)
5. WOODFORD COUNTY(2-3)
6. ROYAL SPRINGS (1-3)
7. HARRISON COUNTY (0-5)
7. EAST JESSAMINE ( 0-5)

elkhorn and georgetown play this week
COME ON DOWN LETCHER CENTRAL GOT SPEED AND ARE BIG.:runtouchd :closed:
I dont know,,, I would love to play more teams outside our area... I know that we are not listed or recognized as a Mountain School.... But I would have to agree,, There is a different game of football on the Eastern side...... Great combination will be hard to beat......

I would love to have games with teams all over the state but of course that is not going to happen... I am thankful that our boys got to play Belfry and NHC.. I am hoping to get to come to the Estill County CHOO CHOO bowl but i dont think they will have room for us. I just hope and pray for an opening... that will be the only way we can play is if someone drops out....... I would like to see some mid-state teams in this one... and better yet.. would love to play some of them......
McNabb vs Clark Moores Results
8th Grade
McNabb 41, Clark Moores 24
7th Grade
McNabb 44, Clark Moores 0
elkhorn vs georgetown results

7th grade
georgetown 16
elkhorn 14

8th grade
elkhorn 60
georgetown 12
That is a big win for elkhorn. Playing the 7th grade game that close is impressive also. Georgetown's 7th grade had not played a close game yet.

As far Bell playing a "flatlander" school they did last year and lost in overtime to Georgetown. Georgetown did say it was the best MS program they had ever witnessed before
Unofficial Bluegrass Standings

Northern Division

1. Elkhorn (6-0)
2. Georgetown (5-1)
2. Scott County (5-1)
4. West Jessamine( 3-3)
5. Woodford County(2-4)
5. Royal Springs (2-4)
7. Harrison County (1-5)
7. East Jessamine ( 0-6)

Southern Division

1. Madison (5-1)
1. Mcnabb (5-1)
1. Clark (5-1)
4.conkwright (4-2)
4. Clark-moores (3-3)
6. Bourbon (2-4)
7. Powell (0-6)
7. Estill (0-6)
any scores from thursday?
elkhorn beats woodford 54-6
scott county beats georgetown 22-14

both scores in 8th grade action
7th Grade
McNabb 43, Bourbon 0

McNabb's 7th grade clinches the Southern Division Championship and will host a playoff game next Tuesday.

8th Grade
McNabb 30, Bourbon 7

McNabb's 8th grade locks up number 2 in the South and travels to Elkhorn next Thursday.
With Elkhorn locking the top seed in the Northern Division, who took 2nd?
Scott I think. They beat Georgetown
playoff games are set

Madison (1s) vs. Scott co. (2n)
Elkhorn (1n) vs. Mcnabb (2s)