Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Who will win the Big Sandy Conference
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
OK lets hear your predictions. Who are the three top teams and who will bring the trophy home? If you can, tell us why.
1)LCC Middle
2)PCC Middle
3)Sebastian Middle
1)LCC middle
2)NEW HARLAN middle
3)PIKE middle
Pcc Or Lcc.
1Lcc
2Pcc
3JCMS
Griffin,
Don't forget about Sebastian and Johnson Central. Perry and Letcher are good but not two years in a row my friend.
LCC will win the Big Sandy. Coach Howard has done a fine job putting the whole county together and they are playing like a championship team.

Go Get'em Cougars....
Letcher county cougar all the way.
Lcc
Pcc
Jcms
I think the LCC COUGARS
Lcc
Pcc
Jc
How can you have LCC over JC when JC beat them earlier?
Martin County
Hard to call! Right now it's up in the air but I know that LCC on top of the standings because they have only lost one conference game and so has Perry Co. LCC has the tie breaker because they beat LCC in the so that has them on top. I know JC and Sebastian both have two L's in the win loss column.

Honestly though I think that it could be a true four horse race like someone else said on another thread. Johnson Central beat LCC and took Perry to overtime earlier on. In my opinion the strongest most physical team is Sebastian and God knows how good Perry could be because they were missing a couple of players when LCC beat them the other night. Don't forget about Hazard boys and girls, they have been down a few players and when they get them back they will be a new team and as strong as people picked them in the pre-season. So who knows, let's just sit back and watch these boys fight it out for that trophy in late September. I for one think the Big Sandy is the strongest conference from top to bottom this side of Lexington. Way to represent the mountain guys we are proud of all of you no matter which county you are from.
Pcc
Jc
Lcc
LCC
LCC IMO if they can stay defense minded. With all this cosolidation and looking into the future all that they are missing is the D. It has plagued there Highschool team. You can put up all the points in the world but if the opponent is returning the favor it is not significant. Most Coaches get sucked in to big plays and offense. If a team can dress enough talent to average 30 points a game its good. I would then concentrate as much talent as possible to fill in that defense. Keep the other teams offense out of the game and it takes the heart right out of them.
I completely agree...when they played us it felt like we could pass all day until they knew that a pass was coming.
Hilbily and Eagle Sports Fan,

In all due respect, Defense has not been a problem for the LCC Junior High Cougars this year.

Clark Co. allowed only 6 points Final score 50-6 (subs in early 3rd qtr)
Hazard allowed only 6 points Final score 36-6 (Subs in early 3rd qtr)
Sebastian allowed 0 points Final score 16-0 (Great gane)
Johnson Central allowed only 14 point Final score 14-6 (Loss-Great game) Where was all the passing then?????
New Harlan only allowed 8 points Final score 8-6 (Best game I've seen in a long time)
Shelby Valley allowed only 6 points Final score 42-6 (Played 7th graders to start 2nd half
Pikeville allowed 0 points Final score 45-0 (Subs in late 2nd qtr)
Perry allowed only 6 points Final score 22-6 (Great game)
Belfry allowed 24 points but hung up 42, not sure where the "D" was that night

If my math is correct that's only 70 points allowed in 9 games and that's somewhere between 7 and 8 points per game guys. Last time I checked that's a pretty good defense no matter where your at. Take away the ugly defensive effort against Belfry and those numbers go way down. However, I do agree, the pass defense better tighten up before tournament time or it may be a quick tourny for the Cougars.
The passing was there all night when u played JCMS...If u haddent noticed allmost all of there conversions were passes!!!
Two 2-point conversions is not a lot of passing. Your team is better than ours and I agree but it's not like you hung a bunch of points on our weak little defense. I hope these two teams get to hook up again in the tourny. Our team is playing much better and it's due to the loss to you guys, you got our heads back on straight and I guarantee you will see a much improved team this time around. Looks like LCC came out with the #1 overall seed in the Big Sandy Conference and If I'm right Perry is #2 and you all will probably be the #3 seed and that will mean a bye for LCC and Perry and #3 will play #6 and that will put you guys coming back to LCC after their bye and that will be a huge game for both teams, I bet you all bring over all of Paintsville and hopefully LCC will have most of Letcher County out that night. Not sure who will win this game?????
1. JCMS
2. BMS
3. SMS
4. LCC

go Eagles!!!!!!
im going to go with sebastian after there impressive win over perry i think there ready to talke on letcher.there first meeting was a vey good game but at the time sebastian didnt have there offence going but now there a double thret.sebastian is also probably the most physical group in there confrence
I think it will be a very hard hittin' close game with LCC and Sebastian.

LCC will end up with the win!!!!!
Lcc
I have watched alot of LCC games this year, they have played alot of good teams.They have one of the best offensive lines I have seen for this age of kids playing ball.They have some good backs and a great coaching staff.My prediction is that LCC will win the big sandy just because the coaches have brought six schools together and they play as one team.These kids play like they have been playing together for years.Good Luck boys I will see you at the game saturday
LCC all the way.
The answer to that is:
SMS
LCC
PCC

I think SMS will win because we want it so badly and we have a very talented team and we're tired of everyone putting us down.

Good Luck to everyone and let's have some good clean competition over there on Saturday!

GO CATS! WIN!
:rockon:
The Bobcats will win the 8th grade championship game. On ? we are coming to play football.
Ahh poor little SMS, is everybody putting you down. Well it's nice to see that SMS has the support of their mommies because come saturday night their gonna need plenty of it. They're especially gonna need support to walk off the field sat. night after LCC gets done pounding them. LCC is too big and too strong for SMS especially on the line. It will be close early but LCC will eventually take over and walk over SMS to be the Big Sandy Champs. LCC easy win by 3 TD's!!! Better luck maybe next year Bobcats.
Pages: 1 2