Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 15th Region
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Who brings it home in 2009?

Johnson Central has my vote
JC
Paintsville has my vote!!
LC again
Paintsville
JC or LC. I think the 57th brings it home again. LC returns a lot of their offense and not too mention the best pitcher in the region. JC also will have a strong #1 in Conley, but I just think that LC's offense will be too much.
I say JC but I hope to see Pike Central do good this year. They have talent.
JC
I think Lawrence county will take the 15th again..They return two starting pitchers, and most of their offense, and they have alot of young kids that will step up..
DAWG lc Wrote:I think Lawrence county will take the 15th again..They return two starting pitchers, and most of their offense, and they have alot of young kids that will step up..
They will be one of the favorites, and have two good returning pitchers, but your puzzling me with the statement that they return most of their offense. I guess Hayes, Laney, Cyrus and gang was nothing. They may still have some offensive firepower but they lost a bunch of it too.
How does the pitching appear to shake up next year for the front runners? =
So, What is your question? ...lol
pitching for the 57th will appear as follows:

Paintsville-Austin Lyons
LC-Chandler Shephard (I heard he is moving to a school in Cincinnati after football season???)
JC- Mike Conley
Belfry-Robert Runyon
Prestonburg-???
Betsy Layne-???
AC-Crowder
Pikeville-Luke Huffman or Steven Layne (it's a toss-up)
Magoffin-???
Pike Central-Brandon "Buck" Martin
Phelps-Dillon Stiltner
SC-???
East Ridge-Joel Meade
Shelby Valley-Floyd??
South Floyd-???
bbaseball08 Wrote:pitching for the 57th will appear as follows:

Paintsville-Austin Lyons
LC-Chandler Shephard (I heard he is moving to a school in Cincinnati after football season???)
JC- Mike Conley
Belfry-Robert Runyon
Prestonburg-???
Betsy Layne-???
AC-Crowder
Pikeville-Luke Huffman or Steven Layne (it's a toss-up)
Magoffin-???
Pike Central-Brandon "Buck" Martin
Phelps-Dillon Stiltner
SC-???
East Ridge-Joel Meade
Shelby Valley-Floyd??
South Floyd-???

Chandler won't be going anywhere he will be playing for Cincinnati Midland this summer though that's prolly what u heard...
Triple Crown Wrote:Chandler won't be going anywhere he will be playing for Cincinnati Midland this summer though that's prolly what u heard...

someone told me that his father said that he was moving to Cincinnati after football season and was going to play baseball there. I don't even have any idea of the slightest, what they were going on about. I just want to know if the rumors were true. If so, why so?
bbaseball08 Wrote:someone told me that his father said that he was moving to Cincinnati after football season and was going to play baseball there. I don't even have any idea of the slightest, what they were going on about. I just want to know if the rumors were true. If so, why so?

Rumor as usual-he is going to try to play at Cincinnati Midland next summer but he is not moving to Cincinnati. That info comes straight from his parents.
My prediction is LC. They're a great team with alot of heart. I'm really excited to see them play this year.
LC back with another regional title.
DAWG lc Wrote:I think Lawrence county will take the 15th again..They return two starting pitchers, and most of their offense, and they have alot of young kids that will step up..

true but their 5 star catcher is now a Cardinal. I sware he could throw faster than their starting pitcher. lol

I was told his throw down time was like a 2.4 from sound of the mitt, to the shortstops glove. Very impressive
If...Then Wrote:true but their 5 star catcher is now a Cardinal. I sware he could throw faster than their starting pitcher. lol

I was told his throw down time was like a 2.4 from sound of the mitt, to the shortstops glove. Very impressive
You must not be too knowlegeable about the subject. A 2.4 is not a good time at all. I suspect it is much better than that.
I've heard numerous times that Hayes's pop-time was 1.9.
2.4 is quite average, and definitely not a D-1 pop-time.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:You must not be too knowlegeable about the subject. A 2.4 is not a good time at all. I suspect it is much better than that.

I have been out of the game for awhile and I think I could still throw a 2.4 down to second.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:I have been out of the game for awhile and I think I could still throw a 2.4 down to second.
I'm going to say you could probably do it left handed too.Smile
SC has Brady Horn on the mound and they will be fine this year
The dawgs will win it again.....
No doubt LC.
Kyboy13 Wrote:No doubt LC.

I don't know about no doubt, but they will be the favorite. Pikeville will be no slouch having Huffman back and few other young kids. JC will be fine as well, and not too mention Paintsville has a bunch of young talent coming up that could shock some people. Right now I would say it is in those three's hands, but I still have to give the edge to LC. Mainly because of Shepherd, and Cody Moore, who will be up there in the top 5 pitchers in the region before it's all said and done. Also Tate Banks is up and coming as well and could win a first game for you in the region, and if that's the case, then no one will touch them through the region again this year. It may not be a 29 run outscoring your opponent campaign like last year in the post season, but they should be just fine.
JC or LC, its hard to call right now.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:I have been out of the game for awhile and I think I could still throw a 2.4 down to second.

So your saying 2.4 isnt fast?

From the sound of the mitt, getting the ball, standing up, and raring back takes about 1 and travel time about 1 to the sound of the fielders mitt.

thats good.
IMO LC won't win it again.

They graduated too many last season.

But their in good shape on pitching
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6