Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Who Wins the SEC?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Who wins the SEC in '08?

The experts say that Auburn will be the team that sweeps through the west and wins the SEC. I know that a lot think that its between Georgia & Florida, but what about LSU? These are all things to consider when picking.

I'll say that Florida wins it because of how much athleticism they have, their defense also has more experience from last season.
The winner of the UGA/UF game in Jacksonville will win the SEC Title and go on to play for the BCS title.
It's Florida. UF will win the SEC and the national champ...LSU shouldn't really be considered since they don't have a QB and I just don't think Georgia will beat Florida.
UF will win the SEC. But I would like to see UK win the SEC.
Florida without a doubt. After watching them today v.s. Hawai'i they just flat out dominated. They have so much speed and power it isn't even funny, and the D has improved drastically from last season. Plus the special teams is at it's best as well. Gators have all the tools and a smart head coach in Urban Meyer to win the National Championship.
-STAT- Wrote:Florida without a doubt. After watching them today v.s. Hawai'i they just flat out dominated. They have so much speed and power it isn't even funny, and the D has improved drastically from last season. Plus the special teams is at it's best as well. Gators have all the tools and a smart head coach in Urban Meyer to win the National Championship.

And didnt have Havey or Spikes today. Florida will be tough to beat.
MVP2 Wrote:And didnt have Havey or Spikes today. Florida will be tough to beat.

Nor did they have Percy Harvin on the offensive side of the ball. No doubt they will be tough to beat, even tougher when they get those mentioned players back and healthy on the field.
Georgia, Florida, LSU, Auburn, and Alabama all made a case for themselves as each looked dominate yesterday.
Gotta go with Florida
I am going with Florida this season. They looked UNREAL yesterday and with the way UGA done them last season, you could only imagine the hype this year when these 2 teams meet.
After the teams from the East beat each other to death, the West winner Auburn will win the conference.
Roll Tide!
Tennessee!
I'll say Florida, but pulling for Georgia.
Tebow all the way.
As much as I hate to say it, I'm gonna have to go with Florida. They just have too many weapons on both sides of the ball.
Its a toss up between uf and uga. But don't forget Auburn.
South Carolina will be right there in the end. So will Auburn.
Pupaw Wrote:South Carolina will be right there in the end. So will Auburn.

I am going wit Tebow and the Gator.

Pupaw I am a huge SC fan. However, I am going to have to disagree with you, to many inconsistences at the QB position not only there but the whole offense, as of now they just have to hope the D comes to play ever night other wise it is going to be a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG season for Spurrier and the Cocks.
I think Florida will.
As for LSU, well its always a rough season after you have won a national championship (most of the time)
I'm going with Florida, however I think LSU will represent the West, they are to good even with to young QB's, plus the only thing they lost on D was Ali Highsmith and Dorsey, their Defense is amazing. Someone explain to me the logic of Auburn though, their not even the second best in the West in my opinion.

East
1. Florida
2. Georgia
3. Tennessee
West
1. LSU
2. Alabama
3. Auburn
I think it will be Florida and Alabama playing for the SEC championship