Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Best offensive Line?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Who's out there?
Letcher county has a good offensive line able to keep the QB from getting hit for at least 6 sec. but one stands above the all of them The LG Willie smith he will blow anyone of the line of scrimmage and still want more.:flame::thumpsup: they recently beat hazard 36 to 6
way to go cougars....Smile
Lcc.
Raceland has a big O Line this year...i dont know how powerful it is...but its a big line...
heard from the grapevine they have a foreign exchange student who is 6'5" 250lbs...
Letcher County Jr. High has the biggest O-line ever, the front five are like a brick wall, D-line is really good when the right players are on there.
RDEVIL07 Wrote:Raceland has a big O Line this year...i dont know how powerful it is...but its a big line...
heard from the grapevine they have a foreign exchange student who is 6'5" 250lbs...

I dont think he is allowed to play Middle Schol ball since he is a senior this year.
Cougar LT #77 Wrote:Letcher county has a good offensive line able to keep the QB from getting hit for at least 6 sec. but one stands above the all of them The LG Willie smith he will blow anyone of the line of scrimmage and still want more.:flame::thumpsup: they recently beat hazard 36 to 6

What # is this Willie Smith
there small,,,but tough,,,
Fairview Middle School
LCC COUGARS has the best
Bath 8th grade looks like they have a good disciplined line.
I have to give PROPS to my 6th grade team,, our backs would not have the yardage they get if not for their line!!!!!!!!!!

I know I have said this before but I am blessed to have such a line.........

Our 6th grade line can average 165 pounds from end to end with certain kids in there.... And these kids play.. Our left tackle is 250 pounds, right tackle is 220 pounds, right tackle is a catcher on the Kentucky Little League baseball 11 year old team from Russell-Flatwoods this year.. He also plays center field.. he can move and he is a 5th grader...... Our guards are solid kids and our ends can run the ball or catch.... what ever they are charged to do..
Like I said,, you dont get these STAT numbers with a crappy line........
LCC - ladies and Gents,
Our Junior High team (8th grade team) has a really solid line that has held up pretty well this year. When coach goes with his ground/pound offense it's real big, mean and violent. Willie Smith 6'2-230, Corey Neace 6'4-225, Blake Knight 6'1-230, Charlie Stanley 6'3-240, Clayton "Fuzz" Johnson 6'2-245 and the two runts of the bunch but possibly the best of the crop is Grant Horn and Trevor Napier, boy these two are small and don't have much lead in their britches but boy can they get down on the backers and clear the lanes for the boys with the ball. Our backs realize and appreciate the hosses up front and give credit daily to their protectors up front. All the credit has to go to Coach Howard's linemen coach Mr. Chad Bates, in my opinion the best line coach in the mountains at the Junior High level. Kids love him and give him their hearts daily, he's a great role model and we are lucky to have him with our program. Just hope we can keep him, the high school program came calling this year and he turned them down.
Leaving forthe Shelby valley Bowl...... LOook for the Yellow DEVILS hat if you want to meet me today, we play at 11am.
Lambert #1 Wrote:LCC - ladies and Gents,
Our Junior High team (8th grade team) has a really solid line that has held up pretty well this year. When coach goes with his ground/pound offense it's real big, mean and violent. Willie Smith 6'2-230, Corey Neace 6'4-225, Blake Knight 6'1-230, Charlie Stanley 6'3-240, Clayton "Fuzz" Johnson 6'2-245 and the two runts of the bunch but possibly the best of the crop is Grant Horn and Trevor Napier, boy these two are small and don't have much lead in their britches but boy can they get down on the backers and clear the lanes for the boys with the ball. Our backs realize and appreciate the hosses up front and give credit daily to their protectors up front. All the credit has to go to Coach Howard's linemen coach Mr. Chad Bates, in my opinion the best line coach in the mountains at the Junior High level. Kids love him and give him their hearts daily, he's a great role model and we are lucky to have him with our program. Just hope we can keep him, the high school program came calling this year and he turned them down.

I too will give props to Coach Bates. He has done a fantastic job with these young men.If I am not mistaken this o- line consist of kids from every school that was consolidated-whitesburg,west Letcher and East Letcher.Some of these kids had to learn a completely different system and they have all stepped up to the plate.Every one knows that the line is a hard place to be. I personally think we have the best o-line in the mountains. With these kids there are no big I's and little U's they play as a team.Chad Bates could not be a better role model, He cares about all of these kids and they think the world of him.Keep up the good work coach Bates! GO COUGARS!!!!!
I totally agree with you Lambert. These guys have been responsible for these big runs all season. LCC has some great running backs, but these unsung linemen are a critical reason for much of the success.
SFMS has a really strong line. both tackles are 250 plus with good foot work and speed, the guards are both close to 200lbs. and have good speed so i think they prolly have the best offensive line in floyd county....
Seen that #75 play the other night against Belry. Man was he tough
WAY TO GO 75 KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK FOR YOUR COUGAR TEAM.
Jcms
eagle dad 2014 Wrote:Jcms

JCMS is deep with Trent Horsley, Rusty Baldridge, Matt King, Trey Conley, Josh Whitaker, JOsh Amburgey, Quade Ward and others.
cougar_chick Wrote:Letcher County Jr. High has the biggest O-line ever, the front five are like a brick wall, D-line is really good when the right players are on there.

I think Morgan countys JR.High has a awesome o line they dominate time at the clock and win games and help there QB#3 out alot!! The only thing is they do not pass alot all they do is run and trample everybody they got strenght and alot of speed they have some of the fastest people i have seen even there secondary is just as good as there first string #9 can run and#33 runs jus as fast as #19 and #12 there QB also has some speed to wich helps them out alot!!
For a team to produce over 5,642 yards rushing and over 865 yards passing as a 5/6th grade team is phenomenal !!!!!
I know I have given props to my line on here before but here goes the finals!!!!
Center- Brandon Scott
Guards- Cory Grubb and Landon Arnold
Tackles- Sammy Smith and Timmy Hammond
Ends-Maverick Dixon and Garion Robinson

These kids play hard every day, every down and also play both sides of the ball.... They rotate with more great kids, Adam Luxon, John Goerge at centers, guards- Jacob Moore, Brett Williams, tackles- Brant Smith, Sammi Khoudoud and Jacob Adams, Ends - Andrew Hoback, Seth Cole, Jacob Bryant or Dylan Peterman or Wil Peterman...
It is hard to play only 11 or 7 linemen but they play hard and roptate accordingly and win games.... I would like to thank them for their hard effort this year and get ready for next year... It is going to be tougher next year guys so get ready !!!!!

I know that Linemen do not get the credit they deserve but it is nice when the backs come back in the huddle and thank the linemen for the blocks ,,, and do not yell at them if they get nothing... I just know from my son being in the huddle,,, the linemen run the show and the backs take it as far as they can... Most imes it is for at least 7 a carry, which shows how good the line is.!!!!
Evarts 5th/6th grade line.... don't let the size fool ya. they may not be the biggest but these boys are tough!!!