Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: (12)Louisville 31 Kentucky 24
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
WOW.. this was a great game... I wish the Cats would have won though...
They look a lot better than last year though
The Cats played REALLY well in the second half and showed a lot of heart. Looks like things could be better than expected...as in like 5 wins maybe.

C-A-T-S!
I wished for a win too but I am so proud that Kentucky did as well as they did.
31 to 24 isn't that bad.
They will only improve as the season goes on. So happy about the outcome. Was very afraid of a HUGE disappointment.
4th largest crowd in history there.
AND Dave Jones got some playing time and did well.
I am real proud of the Cats !!! They have nothing to hang their heads about at all. It wasn't the blowout that the cards fans thought it would be.

UK put it all on the line today, they have alot of heart and alot of leadership. This UK team will suprise someone this year.... Louisville got a wake up call today...

Go Big Blue !
great game today by the cats they can hold thier heads high, also louisville looked awesome they have a legitamite shot at going undefeated and making some noise in the BCS but overall i was impressed with the cats play today and look for them to continue to improve! 8)
My CATS played one heck of a game today. Like youall, although they lost, they showed A LOT of potiential (sp) and I expect them to do more that first thought this season. 8)
"thetribe" Wrote:4th largest crowd in history there.

Scoreboard said 6th largest crowd...
"MR.INCREDIBLE" Wrote:great game today by the cats they can hold thier heads high, also louisville looked awesome they have a legitamite shot at going undefeated and making some noise in the BCS but overall i was impressed with the cats play today and look for them to continue to improve! 8)

I hope you're joking..Louisville looked terrible....You can't honestly say they played like the #12 team in the nation today...Their defense has tons of problems in the secondary, and Brohm missed 5 open receivers today...The only bright spot for Louisville was Mike Bush and the O-line...When you're a 3+ touchdown favorite and win by one then you don't look "awesome"...They are over-rated something fierce and will lose at least 2 games this season...
"alfus21" Wrote:
"thetribe" Wrote:4th largest crowd in history there.

Scoreboard said 6th largest crowd...
Hmm...tv said 4...oh well.

70,000 STRONG!! that's all that matters. I bet the atmosphere was GREAT!
Yea that's where I heard it from too Beef. That's why I said 4th..TV reporters said so. Thanks for responding, I didn't see that post soon enough.
Nice game by the cats. Did anyone go watch it?
"thetribe" Wrote:Yea that's where I heard it from too Beef. That's why I said 4th..TV reporters said so. Thanks for responding, I didn't see that post soon enough.

Not that it matters, but Alfus hates to be wrong so here you go...

A crowd of 70,752 fans attended Sunday’s game, which ranks as the sixth-highest crowd in Commonwealth Stadium history.

http://www.ukathletics.com/index.php?s=&...e_id=16116
:|
"alfus21" Wrote:
"MR.INCREDIBLE" Wrote:great game today by the cats they can hold thier heads high, also louisville looked awesome they have a legitamite shot at going undefeated and making some noise in the BCS but overall i was impressed with the cats play today and look for them to continue to improve! 8)

I hope you're joking..Louisville looked terrible....You can't honestly say they played like the #12 team in the nation today...Their defense has tons of problems in the secondary, and Brohm missed 5 open receivers today...The only bright spot for Louisville was Mike Bush and the O-line...When you're a 3+ touchdown favorite and win by one then you don't look "awesome"...They are over-rated something fierce and will lose at least 2 games this season...
have you seen thier schedule? nobody in the big east will come close to them they will win the big east and go to a bcs bowl they will get better every week and brohm will improve every week im sorry if i "offended" you but that is my opinion and come january we will see who is right!
one more thing it was the first start of brohms career in the first game of the season in an atmosphere that would have choked even the most seasoned quarterback of course thats just my opinion i could be wrong
I hope that it stays 70,000 strong and the place continues to rock every game!! Man, bet that would really help the team. Make it like going to the Swamp or something. A REAL homefield advantage!
I think it will remain the same....

There is a new sense of pride at UK. They showed so muck teamwork, heart and dedication. Its a shame that UK got stripped of the game like that. But, I am so excited about this season....
With the crowd like it was yesterday...I now think Louisville knows what "70,000 Strong" means !!!

I would have loved to have been there. The noise was deafening in Commonwealth stadium. I had'nt heard it that loud since the Cats and Tim Couch upset Alabama and the goalposts came down. It put chillbumps on me to hear all them Cat fans sound that good. It showed the rest of the country that us catfans are just as passionate of our football as we are as our basketball !!!

Go Big Blue !!

C - A - T - S, Cats ! Cats ! Cats !
I thougth Kentucky would pull it out once they cut it to 7. Should have but that fumble on the goal line sealed the deal. Mike Bush was too strong with his back against the wall, he played a great game. Woodson surprised me throwing the ball, but needs to learn to hang on to it. Beach played well, as did Tamme, Burton, Abdulla and several others. The UK line needs to improve to make them a legit contender....six sacks or seven, idk how many the boy had...but that is rediculous. Heads up though, I really do think UK may make a bowl this season.
"JKWON33" Wrote:I thougth Kentucky would pull it out once they cut it to 7. Should have but that fumble on the goal line sealed the deal. Mike Bush was too strong with his back against the wall, he played a great game. Woodson surprised me throwing the ball, but needs to learn to hang on to it. Beach played well, as did Tamme, Burton, Abdulla and several others. The UK line needs to improve to make them a legit contender....six sacks or seven, idk how many the boy had...but that is rediculous. Heads up though, I really do think UK may make a bowl this season.
Elvis Dumervil had a school record 6 sacks, definitley need improvement from the o-line, they are really young and inexperienced, also no micah jones he played well last year in limited action
"MR.INCREDIBLE" Wrote:
"alfus21" Wrote:

have you seen thier schedule? nobody in the big east will come close to them they will win the big east and go to a bcs bowl they will get better every week and brohm will improve every week im sorry if i "offended" you but that is my opinion and come january we will see who is right!

Their schedule is pretty easy, but if they had issues with UK yesterday then I'd hate to see what happens when the play West Virginia and Pitt...Brohm will improve, but not enough to make them unbeatable...
"alfus21" Wrote:
"MR.INCREDIBLE" Wrote:
"alfus21" Wrote:

Their schedule is pretty easy, but if they had issues with UK yesterday then I'd hate to see what happens when the play West Virginia and Pitt...Brohm will improve, but not enough to make them unbeatable...
now i am not arguing with ya or anything but if you are judging by thier week 1 performances,like you are judging louisville, Pitt and Wvu dont exactly pose a threat to anyone they both looked far worse than the cards did. wvu at morgantown will be a tough game no doubt but i just dont see them getting beat with that schedule IMO. :?: Arrow :?: