Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Best middle school running backs playing in 2008?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
bulldogs rule Wrote:I remember that team they came down to Lawrence County and crushed us but I thought that the big Smith kid played on the 3rd grade team that year and also I dont remember the Korzep kid playing at all.If I remember correctley the backfield was Messer, Mckee, Robinson, and May. I beleive that Messer and Robinson only ran the ball one time and both ended in a touchdown and the rest of the time they were used as blocking backs. I have read stuff on the Messer kid but have not read anything on the McKee, May or the Robinson Kids have they moved or are they just not playing anymore?

Sammy Smith is a 5th grader, we did not play anyone last year so when you guys last saw Sammy he was in the third grade.

Bronson Korzep's mother passed away 2 years ago and his father is a single parent with on ein college, one in high school and then Brawny... Brawny had other things on his mind 2 years ago , and football was not one of them...He has since became an intricate part of the Russell Red Devils. He is the starting catcher on the 11 year old STATE team and plays basketball and does very well.

Jacob McKee is actually a 5th grader too and he is still in the JFL. He made the JFL cut with a good birthday. You will deal with him next year.

May is our QB and runs the offense very well, you may not hear much about him but he gets the job done and just when you forget about him,, he will either throw a TD or make a fantastic defensive stop..

Garion Robinson has been out due to broken wrist and played last week. He also had a broken patella in baseball season that knocked him out of the All-Stars.. He is a great kid and now that he is healthy he has been taking reps in the backfield to run every position....
weston little from sfms has had a great year so far. hes kind of a small kid but lightning fast and extremely smart, had 13 TD's in his first 3 games on 18 carries, pretty impressive.
i think that LC #'s 25 and 12 are worth mentioning, those guys got it
Pruitt from Pike Central
ryan timmons from elkhorn middle school he is the best athlete ive seen in a long time. great hands excellent field vison. he will have an impact on the high school level as a freshman
ukfanatic_37 Wrote:i think that LC #'s 25 and 12 are worth mentioning, those guys got it
who is lc ?Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
The Lewis kid from NHC 5/6th grade team was very good too.
Jared Wheeler JCMS 7th Grader
lc???????????????? why lewis county of course.........
Bart horne he will be a stand out player next year for the jcms 8th grade team
eagles sports fan Wrote:Bart horne he will be a stand out player next year for the jcms 8th grade team

We are blessed at JCMS.
Devon Turner-Fairview
Caleb Bentley-Lawrence County
Cody Watts-Ashland
Slater Swift-Ashland
Evan Yongue-Ashland
Austin Hunt-Russell
#23 (unsure of name) East Carter

I would like to see someone start a thread about all-purpose players. That would be interesting to see.
Bart Horne & Jarred Wheeler JCMS
HALL, from betsy layne has the best speed of any back ive seen all year. he wont go around you, he will run you over.
blake newsome ,i think is is avg is 3-4 tds a game and about 160-200 rushing pre game
#35 from Knox Central. Best Ive seen this year. That includes Tucker lewis. He would be my # 2. Jake Middleton from Evarts is a good runner, but he has little help on the line.
Daddycat27 Wrote:#35 from Knox Central. Best Ive seen this year. That includes Tucker lewis. He would be my # 2. Jake Middleton from Evarts is a good runner, but he has little help on the line.

You should see that#35 from Knox play baseball also. He's just a good athlete in general. New Harlan plays their 7/8 tomorrow night. They contained him pretty good in their first meeting, but if he gets some open air, he is gone. Jake Middleton is an all-round good athlete too. I think that Lewis is a powerful running back and if he'll continue to work hard, he could be really good. Also Turner #5, Boggs #25, Chorak #21, Bond #26 for New Harlan are all good runnning backs.

Did the 5/6 play their 7th graders or did Knox field a 5/6 grade team? I thought they just had league teams that young in Knox County. That would be good experience for a group to play before tournament.
The Back At South Floyd Is Super Quick.
Mojo Maximus Wrote:Devon Turner-Fairview
Caleb Bentley-Lawrence County
Cody Watts-Ashland
Slater Swift-Ashland
Evan Yongue-Ashland
Austin Hunt-Russell
#23 (unsure of name) East Carter

I would like to see someone start a thread about all-purpose players. That would be interesting to see.

Out of the backs I've personally seen play this year, I was most impressed with the same guys mentioned here along with Raceland's QB #5, Boyd County's Arnett #20 and Madden #25
knox is simple.. they have not got it together at football yet! the new school has helped. but still you need to get your middle school up and running. football that is.. they lose alot of key players to corbin each year.. do you know why? simple at corbin theirs tradition that your parents want to rub off on you!
Mama Bear,
I dont know. They were bigger than any 5th-6th ive seen. They spanked our bottoms. Their coach said they were all 12, but i have my doubts!!!!
40,5,4,9 perry co
Daddycat27 Wrote:Mama Bear,
I dont know. They were bigger than any 5th-6th ive seen. They spanked our bottoms. Their coach said they were all 12, but i have my doubts!!!!

LOL' 12 if they were all 12 then I must be 16 again........and we know thats not right!!!!!:dontthink
easternkysportsguru Wrote:Straight Up, Caleb Bentley - Louisa Middle 8th Grade

he is good but i got to brag on Morgan county middle 8th grade running backs

#12 joe holbrook and #19 walker crase

they are hard running backs and run with all they got and #12 can run very fast :rockon:
I would have to say that the sleeper in the 7th grade that no one hears about unless you play Russell,, is Mac Boggs. Mac is 6'0", 165 pounds and he is a true 12 year old. Mac has been tall all his life , as far back as i can remember, just not coordinated, well now he has grown into his body and he is a BEAST. He will absolutely demolish you when you are trying to tackle him.
http://www.martyconleyphotography.smugmu...6746_b7Z4F

Check out some of the pitures here: he is number 30,,, great kid and never in trouble..Humble and good hearted.
pike central middle school- colt pruitt
Ryan Collect #2 ( Bell Co.)
easternkysportsguru Wrote:Straight Up, Caleb Bentley - Louisa Middle 8th Grade

i think joe holbrook and walker crase for morgan county middle school 8th grade #12 and #19:Thumbs:
Lewis From New Harlan/ 22 From Lcc
dj jones from powell. he ran for about 300 in one game against estill. by the way we beat them 52 to 8.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7