Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Best middle school running backs playing in 2008?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Go Hounds!!!
Sorry, that i posted so many posts about the same topic. " boy i feel stupid " little slow here! lol i thought i was doing something wrong cause i wasnt seeing them at once. again im sorry, well atleast maybe you wont forget his name.... lol derrick who????:ChairHit:
done it again!!!!!!!!!!! weres my sign?????
These Russell backs are a tribute to the Russell J.F.L. and its coaches!!!
Sorry I have to...
5/6th grade Russell team this far:
#2 Connor Messer- 5'5" 105 pounds, 11 years old.
78 rushes- 1419 yards
passing- 12 for 16=187 yards
receiving- 8 rec. = 148 yards
16 TD
9 XPT

83 tackles
25 for loss
2 sacks
1 fumble recovery returned 50 yards for a TD

Personal Bests

100 Meter Hurdles - 18.67
300 Meter Hurdles - 54.00
Triple Jump - 028-10.00
High Jump - 004-4.00
200 Meter Dash - 30.90
WELL NOW, if its stats you want to brag about... try this, A true 7th grade team has racked up a mind stunning two hundred and fourty eight points. 248... in 8 games,while only giving up fourty two points..42, so thats p.f-248-p.a 42.we have what you can say,a all-star team. im sure as these new tournaments start this year for the middle school state championship you will have heard of us and our team. 7th grade team.. as far as derrick goes i do hope some one out their form corbin has been keeping rushing stats for yards carried. because we have no lies to tell, what you have mentioned about yards gained and averaged is a drop in the bucket. remember, this kid only gets to play 1st, and half second quarters. i will be on the hunt for the papered stats on him. but in the mean time.. at the conculision of our season we can purchase the games on dvd. plus a high-light reel. i wished you all could just view a little of this. some one tell me how to show it over the net and i would be glad to. as far as that scrimiage 10 on and 10 off. you know our second team is the only ones to score on them. if it were a real game our second team would of blown them out.was it mamma bear, you were their. the second team was 7th graders. we were told that your players were 8th and 9th graders. any truth? we will hold our own with anyone. as this tournament starts you will all have heard by then. good luck all.. go hounds!!!
Russell 5/6th grade team currently stands at: points for and against in 10 games is 264/66. They average 26 to 6 in games. That is with every kid playing and most scores have came against our second team. We started with 30 kids..... We have no hold backs and no kids that were in the 6th grade last year.. All of our kids were 5th graders last year.

I know anyone can argue that there team is the best, and parent bragging rights aside.. I agree with MR Corbin Red Hound.. Any team that puts up those stats is going to be hard to deal with. If you look back at an earlier post you will see the TOTAL so far for the team this year.....

Messer only carries the ball 7.8 times a game on the average. With the other backs on the team he does not have to carry every time.. This is what I love about this team.... Multiple backs,receivers that can hurt ya.. Focus on one and get burnt by 8 others.........

In a couple of games he has only been allowed to carry the 2-3 times and then he is out also.. I know that there are bigger, stronger OLDER boys that are great running backs in the middle school level, but I bet in a year or 2 you will hear about him too, Just like the Dalton Terry kid.. he looks to be a beast.......
well i guess im glad we dont have to play you guys red devil.. we would have to charge pay per view...LOL seriously....... so do you guys have a team in this new middle school tournament? i think this tourny is long over due! i mean give the smaller players a chance at something great also...also, thanks for the 411 on the new conferences.. GO HOUNDS!
:1: GAME TIME TONITE!!!! OH-YEA- ROLL HOUNDS!!!!!!!!
MY PERDICTION - corbin-40 north laurel-6!!! will post the results!
MR-REDHOUND Wrote:well i guess im glad we dont have to play you guys red devil.. we would have to charge pay per view...LOL seriously....... so do you guys have a team in this new middle school tournament? i think this tourny is long over due! i mean give the smaller players a chance at something great also...also, thanks for the 411 on the new conferences.. GO HOUNDS!
Smile Smile Smile Smile

:rockon:
:devilflam That was funny !!!!!

I will help in anyway I can with the play-off system..... If you have ???? let me know. if i can not answer it i will find a person that can....
Dre' Farris 7th Shelby West Middle 8-0 big strong and deceptively fast
Logan Bailey 8th QB Shelby West Middle accurate passer and fast
Zach Shipley 8TH tailback Shelby West Middle lot of speed loves contact
MR-REDHOUND Wrote:WELL NOW, if its stats you want to brag about... try this, A true 7th grade team has racked up a mind stunning two hundred and fourty eight points. 248... in 8 games,while only giving up fourty two points..42, so thats p.f-248-p.a 42.we have what you can say,a all-star team. im sure as these new tournaments start this year for the middle school state championship you will have heard of us and our team. 7th grade team.. as far as derrick goes i do hope some one out their form corbin has been keeping rushing stats for yards carried. because we have no lies to tell, what you have mentioned about yards gained and averaged is a drop in the bucket. remember, this kid only gets to play 1st, and half second quarters. i will be on the hunt for the papered stats on him. but in the mean time.. at the conculision of our season we can purchase the games on dvd. plus a high-light reel. i wished you all could just view a little of this. some one tell me how to show it over the net and i would be glad to. as far as that scrimiage 10 on and 10 off. you know our second team is the only ones to score on them. if it were a real game our second team would of blown them out.was it mamma bear, you were their. the second team was 7th graders. we were told that your players were 8th and 9th graders. any truth? we will hold our own with anyone. as this tournament starts you will all have heard by then. good luck all.. go hounds!!!

LOL Our team has 7th and 8th graders ONLY. Whoever told you that was very misinformed. Corbin looked like a solid team like I said. We have 54 kids on our team. All 54 of them played that day. We really should try to play Corbin in a regular season game. It wouldn't be that bad of a drive for either of us. I don't know why they haven't. We scrimmaged last year also. Corbin always has a good football program.

What tournament are you all talking about?

IF you have game clips, I may be able to talk you thru uploading it onto youtube and then you can post a link on here.

Best of Luck!
yea lets see some film on youtube or Google.. I think it would be good for alot of people to see how we play football here. if you notice on there , there are kids who have highlight films but hardly anything from kentucky.. I know that there are kids who deserve at least a look from here but you never hear anything about them becasue you never see anything.... I will work on getting some film clips uploaded too.... Sounds like a job for the parents to do.... Sounds like a job for SUPER_PARENT.. LOL could not resist the blurb......
The past two years I have played with the game footage and made highlight films for our banquet and for the kids, but I usually upload a few plays after each game and the kids love to see themselves making "the big play" on the computer. Plus they can share it with their family that might not get to see them play alot. It's not hard. If it were, I sure couldn't do it!
WHERE CAN WE SEE THESE AT????
ARE THEY ON YOUTUBE OR SOMETHING????/

Come on dont hold out.. we love to see kids make the plays.
They are on youtube. Put New Harlan Patriots on the search. The very first one I did was just like a slide show, then I figured out how to do video when we got the new camera.
cool thanks,,,, is it easy to upload the videos???? I will work on getting some on there from the 5/6th grade Devils team from Russell.
YES. They key is to not have it be to big of a file. I think I could talk you thru it on here sometime when you get ready. Do you have a program that came with your video camera to upload it to your computer?
Yea I have a fire wire to download to the PC. I just save it to the PC and then download it or pull it into the page for the download.. ? Sounds simple I guess.
Got to brag just a little, Chandler Rowe and Owen Caudill are two great backs for Shelby Valley 5th-6th. They both can move the ball down the field and it doesn't take long for them to get the job done!
Morgan County #19 is good.
hey guys, we get our dvds at the end of the season. well thats not to far away, corbin makes a package for the football players and their familys all home games, rivials, and playoffs. then they make a season worth of highlights on one dvd. that would be great to be able to share. i will i promise as soon as its in my hand come and post to you mamma bear and step by step put it on here. my boy would get a kick out of it! oh-yeah last nites results----- corbin-40 north laurel - 0 i was close on perdicting off by 6... 9-0 on the season!!! have any you guys out their ever played glasco??? man their tough! well their 7th grade anyway!!! took our hi-powered offence double overtime!!! 14-8 final... toughest game by far!
#21 Chase Hall RB for Betsy Layne has over 100 yards a game with the exception of Morgan County's game. He got hurt and was taken out in the middle of the 3rd quarter. This player has speed and will run over the opponent.

#30 Josh Salisbury also a bruiser.
Russell 5/6th grade team has a kid who is the second leading rusher onthe team ,,, named Brawny Korzep,, with a name like BRAwny... YOU KNOW HE IS TOUGH!!!!!!
He was in the 5th grade last year and was the 6th grade full back last year.. He played up last year and is well on his way to becoming a great RB.. He is a great kid too... His older brother is a sophomore at Russell and gets reps on the Varsity team every Friday.. He is a chip off the old block since their DAD played Middle Linebacker at Oklahoma in the early 80's.....
Their DAD is a great guy too.......
kentayvus hopkins i believe is the quickest built running back in the state.
The Russell 5/6th, are these the same group of boys that played in the 4th grade games, that won the Raceland Bowl?
Yes ,,but better now.. They have actually got to play together as a team .....Instead of having a week of practice before playing..... Thanks for remembering.....They work hard....
To be more informative about this team for others.
This years 5/6th grade team has never played together for a season.
This is the first time that they have all been together as a team for a season. We usually have to wait at the end of the year. Last year when they finished the regular season playing against each other we tried to play in the Black Bowl again as 5th graders,,, Some people complained from down the river about them and would not let them play in the bowl because they said they were an all-star team.. It was a huge misunderstanding and mix up that kept us from playing together last year..
Anyway,, this is the first year that these boys played together as a team.. They are doing well this year, and yes we played in the Raceland Orange Bowl this year and won.
They were rewarded with metals for first place and we may possibly play in the Black Bowl too unless the Unified River Cities BOWL happens.. read new posting on more of the BOWL.
I remember that team they came down to Lawrence County and crushed us but I thought that the big Smith kid played on the 3rd grade team that year and also I dont remember the Korzep kid playing at all.If I remember correctley the backfield was Messer, Mckee, Robinson, and May. I beleive that Messer and Robinson only ran the ball one time and both ended in a touchdown and the rest of the time they were used as blocking backs. I have read stuff on the Messer kid but have not read anything on the McKee, May or the Robinson Kids have they moved or are they just not playing anymore?
justin jonhson , belfry he is super fast gonna be great in the future
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7