Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Kentucky Wildcats '08-09 Team Roster
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
All the enrollment questions come to an end as it looks like DeAndre Liggins & Kevin Galloway have been named to the roster.

A name that isn't on the roster is, Mark Coury. Big Grin

OFFICIAL ROSTER

No. Name Ht. Wt. Cl. Exp. Hometown (High School)
1 Darius Miller 6-7 215 Fr. HS Maysville, Ky. (Mason County)
3 Kevin Galloway 6-6 215 Jr. TR Sacramento, Calif. (Coll. of Southern Idaho)
13 Michael Porter 6-3 198 Jr. 2L Modesto, Calif. (Modesto Christian)
15 A.J. Stewart 6-7 225 So. 1L Jacksonville, Fla. (Arlington Country Day)
21 Perry Stevenson 6-9 215 Jr. 2L Lafayette, La. (Northside)
22 Ramon Harris 6-6 218 Jr. 2L Anchorage, Alaska (West Anchorage)
23 Jodie Meeks 6-4 208 Jr. 2L Norcross, Ga. (Norcross)
33* Matt Pilgrim 6-8 235 So. TR Cincinnati, Ohio (Hampton)
34 DeAndre Liggins 6-6 200 Fr. HS Chicago, Ill. (Findlay Prep)
43 Jared Carter 7-2 277 Sr. 2L Georgetown, Ky. (Scott Co.)
54 Patrick Patterson 6-8 235 So. 1L Huntington, W.Va. (Huntington)
55 Josh Harrellson 6-9 255 So. TR St. Charles, Mo. (SW Illinois College)

http://blog.kentuckysportsradio.com/?p=7072
Great to see Kevin and DeAndre on the team.
Why is Landon Slone not on the roster?
That's what I was wondering myself?
None of the walk-ons are shown. Why? I don't know.
Kind of odd that hes not on there, even if he is a walkon, they usually list those as well.
I would assume it is because walk-ons are not offical until school starts and they actually walk-on to the team. Don't know for sure, just a guess.
I like our chances with this team.
Glad to see that Liggins and Galloway are "officially" on the team, our outlook for next season just got a little brighter.
Billy G probably ran off the walk-ons.
Why is there an asterisk next to Matt Pilgrim? Is there some question about his eligibility?
More Cowbell Wrote:Why is there an asterisk next to Matt Pilgrim? Is there some question about his eligibility?

I think it is were he transferred he has to set out a year but I guess is still apart of the roster.
-STAT- Wrote:I think it is were he transferred he has to set out a year but I guess is still apart of the roster.

I'm quite sure thats what it is also.
-STAT- Wrote:I think it is were he transferred he has to set out a year but I guess is still apart of the roster.

Thanks. I hadn't thought of him having to sit out a year as a transfer, but that makes sense. I guess I was lumping him in with Galloway and Harrelson, but they were both JUCO's.

Was it Delaware that Pilgrim came from?
More Cowbell Wrote:Thanks. I hadn't thought of him having to sit out a year as a transfer, but that makes sense. I guess I was lumping him in with Galloway and Harrelson, but they were both JUCO's.

Was it Delaware that Pilgrim came from?

He come from Hampton, Virginia.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:He come from Hampton, Virginia.

So Hampton is a college? Are they NCAA Division II?
More Cowbell Wrote:So Hampton is a college? Are they NCAA Division II?

No, Hampton is a Division-1 school.

They're known as the Hampton Pirates and they are out of the MEAC (Mid-Eastern Atlantic Conference) conference. The MEAC contains teams like Morgan State, Coppin State, South Carolina State, Florida A&M, and Delaware State.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:No, Hampton is a Division-1 school.

They're known as the Hampton Pirates and they are out of the MEAC (Mid-Eastern Atlantic Conference) conference. The MEAC contains teams like Morgan State, Coppin State, South Carolina State, Florida A&M, and Delaware State.

OK, I just hadn't heard of Hampton.

I know about the MEAC, mainly because they send a representative to the NCAA tourney every year. In recent years it's been Coppin State or S.C. State, and I remember UK playing Florida A&M in the first round a few years back. If I'm not mistaken, it is a conference of historically black colleges.
More Cowbell Wrote:OK, I just hadn't heard of Hampton.

I know about the MEAC, mainly because they send a representative to th NCAA tourney every year. In recent years it's been Coppin State or S.C. State, and I remember UK playing Florida A&M in the first round a few years back. If I'm not mistaken, it is a conference of historically black colleges.

Yeah, I believe your right.
It looks good to me from top to bottom. I think we can win 22-25 games this year and we should make sweet 16 at least.
Money Maker Wrote:It looks good to me from top to bottom. I think we can win 22-25 games this year and we should make sweet 16 at least.

That what I think as well.
Money Maker Wrote:It looks good to me from top to bottom. I think we can win 22-25 games this year and we should make sweet 16 at least.

I hope your right man!
Where is Landon Slone's name?