Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: AP Preseason Top 25
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Here's the link...

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/5471317/

Here's the Top 10:

1. Georgia(22) 11-2
2. Ohio St.(21) 11-2
3. USC (12) 11-2
4. Oklahoma (4) 11-2
5. Florida (6) 9-4
6. Mizzou 12-2
7. LSU 12-2
8. West Virgina 11-2
9. Clemson 9-4
10. Texas 10-3

What do you guys think? I think that the top 10 is right on except for Clemson, I don't think they should be in the top 10.
They shouldn't have a top 25 till October 1st. To many unknowns by graduations and coaching changes to be fair. Teams handed rankings, and haven't done a dang thing on the field yet. No dis towards the OP, just my feelings on these preseason rankings in general.
vundy33 Wrote:Here's the link...

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/5471317/

Here's the Top 10:

1. Georgia(22) 11-2
2. Ohio St.(21) 11-2
3. USC (12) 11-2
4. Oklahoma (4) 11-2
5. Florida (6) 9-4
6. Mizzou 12-2
7. LSU 12-2
8. West Virgina 11-2
9. Clemson 9-4
10. Texas 10-3

What do you guys think? I think that the top 10 is right on except for Clemson, I don't think they should be in the top 10.

I agree with you about Clemson. I don't think they should be in the top 10. I don't think they should be higher than 15. It surprised me when I saw them ranked 9.
bluegrassballa Wrote:I agree with you about Clemson. I don't think they should be in the top 10. I don't think they should be higher than 15. It surprised me when I saw them ranked 9.
Clemson has the talent to be a top ten team and the ACC is going to be weak again if they end the year with 1 or 2 losses and win the ACC they will be in the top 10 at the end of the year.
I think it's hilarious when they put Ohio State so high on the list. This happens every year only for them to be demolished by an SEC team in the BCS Championship. We will see what they are made of when USC comes to town.
BCF4L Wrote:I think it's hilarious when they put Ohio State so high on the list. This happens every year only for them to be demolished by an SEC team in the BCS Championship. We will see what they are made of when USC comes to town.

I agree I dont understand why they put them so high ever year. Yeah they have some good players like Beanie Wells and James Laurinaitis. I think that Clemson has the talent to be a top 10 team IMO. I hope Georgia is still Number 1 when they come to play UK this season because I got my season tickets the other day and I am really pumped for that game.
I think that USC should beat Ohio state by 14 !!!!
knottcobred Wrote:They shouldn't have a top 25 till October 1st. To many unknowns by graduations and coaching changes to be fair. Teams handed rankings, and haven't done a dang thing on the field yet. No dis towards the OP, just my feelings on these preseason rankings in general.
Couldn't agree more! This gives some teams an unfair advantage based on nothing. It makes it so much harder to get into a BCS game (not to mention the Championship game) for preseason unrankeds. But doubtful you will ever see that change.