Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: UK Newton's Top Choice!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The University of Kentucky has already received a commitment from one of the nation’s top quarterbacks and could be on the verge of another.

Morgan Newton, a 6-foot-5, 220-pounder from Carmel, Ind., will announce his college choice on Tuesday, and UK is considered the leader for his services, Newton’s father, Dr. John Newton said on Thursday afternoon.

Newton is listed as a five-star recruit and Newton is listed as a five-star recruit and ranked as the nation’s No. 7 quarterback by Scout.com. Newton is also considering Florida, Clemson, and Illinois.\.

“Kentucky’s right there at the top,” Newton’s father said. “They have a lot of advantages. The pro-style offense they run is a big plus, and (quarterbacks coach) Randy Sanders has developed quarterbacks at Tennessee and also worked with Peyton Manning.
I think Newton would be a stud in UK's offense...signing him would be an awesome step forward..
What a size this kid is. Perfect for a QB in the SEC!
He'll be our top recruit if we get him. also, with him and Mossaskowski, the 5 star juco WR and both the 4*'s may sign. Making the 09 class possibly the best ever.
Looking good for the future!!
Laugh out loud, don't do that to me,I thought he had already committed the way the thread title was.
This could be huge if we get him. Who is the 5* juco wr?
Although this would be huge and possibly one of the best ever, this is also a big step in the right direction for UK in the recruitment. Even if he doesnt come to the wildcats all the top players will see other players considering us now and will hopefully follow and if this does happen we may have us a nice team in the future along with a very good basketball team as well. Haha, I think I can get use to this real quick. :rockon:
Looks like there is a family squabble as to what Morgan will do at his announcement on Tuesday:
QB Morgan Newton (6-5 215) of Carmel, IN plans to make an announcement on his college choice Tuesday at noon at a news conference at his school his mother said Friday afternoon. “We still have a controversey with the Newton family about where he will go,” Rubie Newton said. “One place I like, one place his father likes, and one place Morgan likes. I like Clemson. We’re down to Clemson and one other. That’s all I can say right now. I know Clemson is my favorite. We all have our favorites. The favorites cross each other and over lap. He doesn’t really care. He just wants to play.” Newton narrowed his list to a final six a few weeks ago of Clemson, Indiana, Purdue, Kentucky, Illinois and Florida.

- Per KSR
Beetle01 Wrote:He'll be our top recruit if we get him. also, with him and Mossaskowski, the 5 star juco WR and both the 4*'s may sign. Making the 09 class possibly the best ever.

It must be Scout that has UK in the running for a 5* receiver, because I didnt see any on rivals.

Rivals has UK in the running for 3 different 4 star receivers in the 09 class. They are Micheal Bowman (Rossville, GA, #17 WR), Justin Brown (Wilmington, DE, #28 WR), and Jamal Patterson (McDonough, GA, #41 WR)
Well the announcement is now on Thursday night, not Tuesday. Morgan's mom told a South Carolina Newspaper that she favored Clemson while it is believed his dad favors UK and Morgan favors Florida.
Can't wait to hear something.
Coach_Owens87 Wrote:It must be Scout that has UK in the running for a 5* receiver, because I didnt see any on rivals.

Rivals has UK in the running for 3 different 4 star receivers in the 09 class. They are Micheal Bowman (Rossville, GA, #17 WR), Justin Brown (Wilmington, DE, #28 WR), and Jamal Patterson (McDonough, GA, #41 WR)

I don't think Rivals ranks JUCO players, not sure on that though. His name is Hayo Carpenter. He will probably end up in the Pac 10, and I don't believe UK has officially offered him yet. If Newton commits, it could change things around. Newton is an athletic FREAK. 215lbs, runs about a 4.5 and is only 17, and will still be 17 when he graduates, so there is a chance for even more growing and speed developing.

With Newton and Mossaklowski(sp?) commiting, what wr wouldn't want to go there? Especially after UK just put 2 WR's in the pro's and a TE.

It's nice to see UK competing for recruits with some of the top programs in the country. UK is starting to develop some pipelines to some talent rich states such as Georgia, Texas, Ohio, and Indiana. Not to mention keeping in state players at home.
So this Thursday he will make his descision?
I believe its down to Clemson and UK.
Of course I have nothing to base that on except a bunch of articles Ive read. Both Newton and his dad have said UK is the favorite, but mom ispushing Clemson. Although don't be surprised if Illinois or Florida are his choice.
OK, here is the new info from Kentucky Sports Radio, its from the interview they did last night with his father.

- Tonight we had Morgan Newton’s father on the show and it is looking more and more like Morgan Newton will end up in Lexington. After an interview filled with a group of puns that might have made even Dane Cook groan, Dr. Newton suggested to the Sports Night crew that UK was the one to beat. He mentioned that reports that his mother might favor Clemson could be misinterpreted, which would be a CATastrophe. He then stated at the end that on Thursday, “the CAT will be let out of the bag.” Couple that with some reports I am hearing from other high school coaches and it looks like Newton may have even already given word of his commitment to the coaches. Of course we never know for sure until the decision has been made, but things continue to look positive for the Big Blue. It continues to seem almost surreal that UK could get two top 10 QBs (by at least one service) in this class. If it happens, it will be a pull like none other in recent UK history. Set those clocks for Thursday at 10:30 AM.

Here is a link to an interesting picture also.
http://blog.kentuckysportsradio.com/?p=7041
The chick is hot..that's for sure..But I would rather have Newton as UK's QB, LOL!
Why is Newton just a 3-star QB on Rivals?
blackcat Wrote:Why is Newton just a 3-star QB on Rivals?

Beats me, he was a 4-star around two months ago.
Scout has him as a 5 Star, number 7 QB overall.
Rivals basically does their rankings on where the players choose to goto college.