Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Floyd County Football '08
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Who will be some top teams to look for this season in Floyd County football.

**Edited for grammar. Please use correct grammar before posting again.**
It should come down to Adams and Betsy Layne.

**Edited for grammar. Please use correct spelling and grammar before you post again.**
Adams and Betsy Layne sounds about right.
I agree Adams and Betsy Layne.
Betsy Layne beat Adams in 7th/8th.....down to Betsy Layne and South Floyd
wrong, if south floyd wins it is a three way tie
No Tie here.......Bobcats 46 south Floyd 6.........7th and 8th action
How do 5th and 6th look in Floyd Co.?
saw the Adams 6th grade team play and they were very solid team. How does the rest of the 6th grade teams in the county stack up to them.
So does that mean that Betsy Layne is county champions????
Betsy Layne's 5th/6th grade only loss so far was to Adams in overtime 6-0. They are also a very tough team.
PLease give a breakdown of the 5/6th grade team...
Who have they played and the records if you dont care....
7th and 8th grade are undefeated in the county.

5th/6th grade so far:
Allen Central 0 Betsy Layne 30
Allen 0 Betsy Layne 48
South Floyd 0 Betsy Layne 36
Jenkins 0 Betsy Layne 30
Mullins 6 Betsy Layne 28
Adams6 Betsy Layne 0 (overtime)

pretty sure on the scores......i'll double check...
BL has a really tough team, good line and an great skilled player in hamilton
oldtiminladycat Wrote:So does that mean that Betsy Layne is county champions????

Bobcats play Allen 10/7 that will be last county game...Bobcats beat Allen 1st of season....but this game is for all the glory-----undefeated county champs??? this is 7th and 8th gradehttp://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/images/smilies/devilflame.gif
LUMBERJACK'06 Wrote:BL has a really tough team, good line and an great skilled player in hamilton

This Bobcat team has many skilled players in every position. #8 Hamilton-QB, #21 Hall-HB, #30 Salisbury-FB, #5 Dirico-S, #4 Case-WR, #23 Rogers-WB, #20 Spencer-LOLB, #81 Kidd-RT, #63 Tackett-LT, #66 Salmons-RG, #52 Williams, #56-Vance-C. Not to mention alot of younger players who help make the Bobcats the team they are. Things can only get better. With this group of kids and the ones coming up that are left, BLHS has plenty of talent for the next several years! There's a storm brewing on "THE HILL":popcorn:
what about #50 & #88?
YANKS4LIFE Wrote:what about #50 & #88?

Your right. #88 Newsome-TE slipped my mind. #50 Is actually #81.
So When Do U Get The Trophy. At The Last Game Or What?
Betsy Layne Bobcats 7/8 Grade team moves to 4-0 in the county and takes the Floyd County Championship.

BLES beat Allen 43-0 tonight.

Congrats Bobcats!
Way to go bobcats 7th/ 8th !!! :1:
Floyd County Champs

5th/ 6th grade defeated allen 38-0
Floyd County Runner-Up
DEVILOLOGIST Wrote:PLease give a breakdown of the 5/6th grade team...
Who have they played and the records if you dont care....

The 5th/6th grade (6-1) plays Shelby Valley Thursday Night.
Their only loss was to Adams 6-0 in overtime at Adams.
They have only allowed two touchdowns all season. I know it should be a good game tomorrow night....

They have a tough defense lead by Dalton Frasure at Defensive End with 30+ tackles Josh Murphy at Linebacker with 30+ tackles and Linebacker Blake Stewart with 30+ tackles and a host of other talented defensive players. Their offense, besides the Adams game Sad has put up 30+ points a game. QB Kory Stevens has 5 tds, WR Carter Tackett has 6 tds, WR Chatlin Jarrell has 1 td, FB Dalton Frasure has 15 tds, RB Josh Murphy has 10 tds and Center Blake Rose contributes alot. they have a very strong offensive line. All the boys on the team are a vital part of the defense and offense... not just the ones mentioned.... I agree with the post about the 7th/8th grade team, there is alot of talent on these teams!!
Good Job in county Bobcats...........1st time 7th and 8th champs......good luck vs Shelby Valley-----finally got that extra point thru....
chatlin jarrell for 5.6 grade what about him what did he look like this year i herd es the bomb
kentucky3 Wrote:chatlin jarrell for 5.6 grade what about him what did he look like this year i herd es the bomb

Jarrell is a real tough kid, loves to hit and will be a blessing to bobcats for several years to come...he is a 6th grader this year..
do you think he is best on teamm
Get your popcorn ready!:popcorn: Its going to be a wild ride on the HILL. Congrats BLES!
kentucky3 Wrote:do you think he is best on teamm

He is real good...http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/ima...lflame.gif
All I read about is Betsy Layne. Adams Middle School B-team has been the county champs for the past 2 years. There is no team in the county that can beat what johnny ray harris has put together. The overtime win againts betsy layne was a fluke. If played again, Adams would have killed them!
love the blackcats Wrote:All I read about is Betsy Layne. Adams Middle School B-team has been the county champs for the past 2 years. There is no team in the county that can beat what johnny ray harris has put together. The overtime win againts betsy layne was a fluke. If played again, Adams would have killed them!

Rumor has it that your coach didnt want to play again. Johnny was asked. I say congrats to you guys. Good season on A and B. But dont take away what the Bobcats have done this year. They EARNED it FAIR and SQUARE.Big Grin
Pages: 1 2