Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Conferences and Teams
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can anyone please post all eastern ky conferences in middle school and the teams that are in them. Also the teams seperate that are not in a conference. Thanks!
A new conference is being discussed at the present time. Alot of middle School coaches and AD's are looking at a a breakdown just like KHSAA. With a playoff system that would have a 7th and an 8th grade state champion. I have a map for the district and regional breakdown for it but it is not set in stone as of yet. I think almost every middle school has been contacted about joining this system but i dont think everyone has responded. This is a voluntary set up. To play for a state championship you have to belong. I think the cost for each school is 45 dollars a year and the money goes toward the playoff format and locking in neutral sites to play the play-off games. I am sure of 16 districts in the state and it would be district 1 winner plays district 2 winner and so on. So you have 8 games the first round, 4 games then so on. So it would be over in 4 weeks I think.

But like I said this is different that Conferences. I know Russell currently plays in the NEKC at the middle school level, NorthEast Kentucky Conference. I think it includes- Russell, Ashland, Greenup Mckell, Greenup Wurtland,Boyd Co, Lawrence Co, East Carter, West Carter. This is the current teams in the NEKC
Big Sandy Valley Conference

Adams
Allen
Betsy Layne
Allen Central
Martin County
Herald-Whitaker
Johnson Central (7th & 8th)
Paintsville
Hazard
East Letcher
Whitesburg
Perry County Central
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Big Sandy Valley Conference

Adams
Allen
Betsy Layne
Allen Central
Martin County
Herald-Whitaker
Paintsville
Hazard
East Letcher
Whitesburg

Perry County Central

There is now one consolidated Letcher County team.
The Cumberland Valley Conference (CVC)

New Harlan Patriots (Harlan County)
Leslie County
Cumberland
Evarts
Pennington Gap, VA

That's all I can think of right now, that may be it though. A lot of teams have went to other conferences the last couple of years.
does anyone have a schedule in there conference they want to post too. I know the new letcher middle school will play clark co middle school. Anyone playing someone far away like we are?
We are in the Green River Valley Conference in South Central KY. Our 8th grade program will be participating in the KYMFSA this year. Our conference consists of Butler Co., Ohio Co., McClean Co., Muhlenburg Co. North and South, Breckinridge Co., Hancock Co.
DEVILOLOGIST Wrote:A new conference is being discussed at the present time. Alot of middle School coaches and AD's are looking at a a breakdown just like KHSAA. With a playoff system that would have a 7th and an 8th grade state champion. I have a map for the district and regional breakdown for it but it is not set in stone as of yet. I think almost every middle school has been contacted about joining this system but i dont think everyone has responded. This is a voluntary set up. To play for a state championship you have to belong. I think the cost for each school is 45 dollars a year and the money goes toward the playoff format and locking in neutral sites to play the play-off games. I am sure of 16 districts in the state and it would be district 1 winner plays district 2 winner and so on. So you have 8 games the first round, 4 games then so on. So it would be over in 4 weeks I think.

But like I said this is different that Conferences. I know Russell currently plays in the NEKC at the middle school level, NorthEast Kentucky Conference. I think it includes- Russell, Ashland, Greenup Mckell, Greenup Wurtland,Boyd Co, Lawrence Co, East Carter, West Carter. This is the current teams in the NEKC

I'm pretty sure that Greenup - Wurtland dropped out of the NEKC...
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Big Sandy Valley Conference

Adams
Allen
Betsy Layne
Allen Central
Martin County
Herald-Whitaker
Paintsville
Hazard
East Letcher
Whitesburg
Perry County Central

Belfry is in the Big Sandy Valley Conference and we never played some of these teams.
eratia Wrote:I'm pretty sure that Greenup - Wurtland dropped out of the NEKC...

You are correct. Wurtland did not participate in the NEKC. Originally they agreed to participate, but dropped out prior to the start of the season.
Patriot Wrote:The Cumberland Valley Conference (CVC)

New Harlan Patriots (Harlan County)
Leslie County
Cumberland
Evarts
Pennington Gap, VA

That's all I can think of right now, that may be it though. A lot of teams have went to other conferences the last couple of years.

was just curious as to why you put (harlan county) beside new harlan, when evarts and cumberland both feed the new high school also?
Goldylox Wrote:was just curious as to why you put (harlan county) beside new harlan, when evarts and cumberland both feed the new high school also?

I think they were probably making sure that New Harlan (a county team)was confused with Harlan City. When we have traveled out of the county some times people are confused of which "harlan" team it is. That's my guess anyhow.
Anybody know anything about who is in these confrences or any other information.

Big South Fork
Cumberland Valley
Eastern Kentucky Middle School Confrence

Anyone know who is in them or who won them? What about the top teams or players?

Edit: Ok I just went back through the thread and see some of the teams but I am still interested in learning more. I heard they have a confrence championship on the 23rd. (Cumberland Valley)