Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pike Central Middle School
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
what does everyone think.
I think it is great because it will get the boys to learn to play together early instead of when they are freshmen and it will help them to just ease right into high school football together. All middle school sports should consider this for the high schools that have several middle schools. Just a thought.
reds44 Wrote:I think it is great because it will get the boys to learn to play together early instead of when they are freshmen and it will help them to just ease right into high school football together. All middle school sports should consider this for the high schools that have several middle schools. Just a thought.
i agree and great post.
Russell has 1 middle school, 1 grade school and of course 1 high school. We play together from 5/6th grade on. We have a 5/6th grade team, which I coach, a 7th grade team and an 8th grade team. if a school has seperate teams we play seperate games. If a school has 7/8th combined they play combined. Now our 6th grade team consists of 5/6th graders. The 5th graders who are older play up. If you are 11, as of August 1, you play up on the 6th grade team.
In Harlan County we have eight k-8 Elementary schools. We have such a large county seat that I really like having these small community grade schools. The two largest schools in the county field their own teams, Evarts and Cumberland. Black Mountain Elementary feeds Evarts.
The other 5 schools (Wallins, Cawood, Hall, Rosspoint, Green Hills) combine to make up the New Harlan Patriots. This used to be two different teams but lack of participation and decline in enrollment caused a merge. I think this is the process for Baseball season also.

During basketball season each school has their own teams.

How many kids attend the grade school in Russell. My son's school has about 360 (k-8)?
I know we have 654 in high school grades 9-12. I think we have 483 in middle school 6-8.. 330 in 4/5th grade Russell intermediate school and 650 in PK-3 grade in Elementary School.
DEVILOLOGIST Wrote:I know we have 654 in high school grades 9-12. I think we have 483 in middle school 6-8.. 330 in 4/5th grade Russell intermediate school and 650 in PK-3 grade in Elementary School.

Wow! That's huge numbers!
DEVILOLOGIST Wrote:I know we have 654 in high school grades 9-12. I think we have 483 in middle school 6-8.. 330 in 4/5th grade Russell intermediate school and 650 in PK-3 grade in Elementary School.

Mirrors Belfry almost exactly.
Really ????? I thought that Belfry was a little larger than us..
i have been watching PC middle pratice they seem to be coming together real well might be OK.
I agree rallo this should be a very quick team pruitt roberts and justice are just a few that are very quick.I would also take caleb meade any day on the line this kid gives 100 percent.
Does anyone know the contact person for scheduling games with Pike Central Middle?
Its definitely a good idea. Central should be tough this year.
Lets go PC middle hawks!!!!!!
Central Pride
good job hawks
job central
job