Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Baylor Offers A 13 Year Old A Scholarship!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Alex Foster is special, there is no denying that. He is six-foot-six, long and athletic, and has coordination, versatility, and a feel for the game that just cannot be taught. Did I mention he is 13 years old? Foster is the #1 player in Illinois for the class of 2013, and he received his first high major scholarship offer this past week, courtesy of Baylor University of the Big 12 conference.

http://illinoishsbasketball.com/

The NCAA needs to make a rule to where you can't offer scholarships until their Junior season, or at least their Sophomore season. It's getting ridiculous IMO.
It's nothing new now a days. Surprised we havent heard anything about Gillespie being in contact with him. But I agree they need to make a rule about scholarships until atleast their sophomore year.
Whats next? Coaches going inside a mothers womb for their in-home visit? LOL!
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:Whats next? Coaches going inside a mothers womb for their in-home visit? LOL!

ahhahahahahaha
all i have to say is WOW
Wow....
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:Whats next? Coaches going inside a mothers womb for their in-home visit? LOL!

Reminds me of a joke I heard. Coach Gillispie offered a scholarship to a kid the other day. The Mother was only 6 months pregnant.
This could be the fault of some parents too. I know in the past a few parents at JBS were trying to get their kids recruited at an early age.
-STAT- Wrote:It's nothing new now a days. Surprised we havent heard anything about Gillespie being in contact with him. But I agree they need to make a rule about scholarships until atleast their sophomore year.

I totally agree with you.
-STAT- Wrote:Reminds me of a joke I heard. Coach Gillispie offered a scholarship to a kid the other day. The Mother was only 6 months pregnant.

Haha.....thats a good one!!
I dont find anything wrong with it there trying to basically get to him and tell him he is a very raw talent and keep him off the streets and outta violence basketball is a way of life to young kids.
I hope he still likes to play when he is 18.