Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 14th in '09
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
1.Breathitt- they may have lost shouse but noble,haddix,and hardin definitly make up for that big loss
2.Leslie- they are gonna be scrappy and very small but very quick
3.Letcher-they are young but still physical
4.Powell-With the return of there guard should be in the mix
5.Knott-Big loss with mosley leaving but there are no other teams to really put here.
The 14th is very weak this season I mean very.
Perry will beat all them when its all said and done. Heres my rankings.

1 - Perry
2 - Breathitt
3 - Buckhorn (Smile ) Just joking
3- Leslie
4 - Knott
5 - Letcher
JBS - team is getting stronger and more experienced
Putting LCC 5th is a little off in my opinion. With Knott loosing mosley, it will be hard for knott to play with us. I just think we are a better ball club. Leslie is another team that I think just doesn't have the talent.
JBS could be in the mix, got a couple of good young girls
Letcher is 1st or 2nd in the region with the Lady Bobcats close beside them.
JBS will be in top 5 for sure.
warmachine Wrote:LCC's girls are to soft and unwilling to do what it takes to win. When the going gets tough, they lay down and look for excuses.

soft? i know all these girls very well an trust me they are not soft...all these girls are rough especially there leader an only senior sharaye kincer. when you play with her i can guarantee you will come out with a black eye or something because she is physical and will do whatever it takes to win the game!
42HaRdHiTtEr42 Wrote:soft? i know all these girls very well an trust me they are not soft...all these girls are rough especially there leader an only senior sharaye kincer. when you play with her i can guarantee you will come out with a black eye or something because she is physical and will do whatever it takes to win the game!

Why does she hit people in the eyes?
Kayla Rankin and Whitney Back will dominate Letcher Central.
Benchwarmer Wrote:Why does she hit people in the eyes?

she dont punch them she is just a physical player she fights for the ball! that was a dumb question..
42HaRdHiTtEr42 Wrote:she dont punch them she is just a physical player she fights for the ball! that was a dumb question..

Dumb?
I have to say that personally I think that you guys are way overating letcher I have watched them play twice this summer and even though summer ball doesnt count for anything it does give you a little bit of an outlook on how a teams going to be and they didnt impress me at all even if they do have 8 holdbacks that is'nt gonna help them they are to young and lack varisty experience because high school basket ball is a whole different ball game then middle school and that is just my opinion on it.
2 of those holdbacks played little this summer, and played a great deal of varsity basketball prior to last season.

We will see about your opinion.
Okay, I would agree with this, with the exception of 1 and 2 they both have the potential to change. KCC's JV nor freshman team has been beat in the last 2 years. KCC has a strong younger team to help with varsity. if I'm not mistaken there are two big girls for KCC. the Thomas girl being 6'1 and the little Slone girl being 6'2 put them in the weight room, and they will be hard to beat. also has anyone heard if Kendra Thomas, or the other Slone girl is gonna be back this season? both having injuries?
smalltowngal Wrote:Okay, I would agree with this, with the exception of 1 and 2 they both have the potential to change. KCC's JV nor freshman team has been beat in the last 2 years. KCC has a strong younger team to help with varsity. if I'm not mistaken there are two big girls for KCC. the Thomas girl being 6'1 and the little Slone girl being 6'2 put them in the weight room, and they will be hard to beat. also has anyone heard if Kendra Thomas, or the other Slone girl is gonna be back this season? both having injuries?

Kendra will be back for the season. The last I heard she may even be back before the season starts. As for the other Slone girl I have no ideal.
1) Letcher Central/Breathitt Co. (tie)
3) Perry Central
4) Jenkins
5) Knott Central
You have to throw powell in the mix up.With senior leader barnett returning from her injury. They can be the team to beat.
Perry Central just got a new transfer from Indianapolis yesterday. Desarea (Not sure about spelling) Baxtor. 6'3-205 center from Ben Davis High School. She is a monster. So she will more than likely be the top player in the 14th. Look out everyone else.
warmachine Wrote:Perry Central just got a new transfer from Indianapolis yesterday. Desarea (Not sure about spelling) Baxtor. 6'3-205 center from Ben Davis High School. She is a monster. So she will more than likely be the top player in the 14th. Look out everyone else.

Ben Davis high school didn't have any player listed as Baxtor on it last year and the tallest person they had was 6'.
warmachine Wrote:Perry Central just got a new transfer from Indianapolis yesterday. Desarea (Not sure about spelling) Baxtor. 6'3-205 center from Ben Davis High School. She is a monster. So she will more than likely be the top player in the 14th. Look out everyone else.

Never fails...Doesn't matter who down they look in the summer someone always seems to make their way to Perry Central. They never rebuild like most teams...they simply reload!
kj52 Wrote:JBS - team is getting stronger and more experienced

I like that statement. Lets not forget they played KCC to the wire basically in the district last year and only lost by a couple points. Plus they still have a strong returnin team, and one the region's best players in Maris Ovee(spelling not for sure).
MANoWAR Wrote:I like that statement. Lets not forget they played KCC to the wire basically in the district last year and only lost by a couple points. Plus they still have a strong returnin team, and one the region's best players in Maris Ovee(spelling not for sure).

The heart and soul of JBS last season (jmo) , Kelsey Jacobs is now a Lady Patriot.
Maris Hovee is their heart and soul. She is one of the best players in the 14th. She can play any position. Very underrated.
Benchwarmer Wrote:1. Breathitt County
2. Knott Central
3. Estill County
4. Perry Central
5. Powell County

you must not watch many games.....
LCC and PCC are the best teams but both are relying on a lot of young players. Breathitt will of course be a contender but KCC is nothing without Mosely.
liveordie20 Wrote:you must not watch many games.....

And your picks are?
Benchwarmer Wrote:And your picks are?

ummmm look up....Smile
liveordie20 Wrote:ummmm look up....Smile

If you noticed most people picked a top 5 in the region and yours would be?
Benchwarmer Wrote:If you noticed most people picked a top 5 in the region and yours would be?

Well in all honesty there arent 5 GOOD teams in the region this year.

1.2. Perry/LCC
3. Breathitt
4. Estill
5.6. Leslie/JBS
7. Jenkins
8. Knott
Pages: 1 2 3 4